June DYK

iVillage Member
June DYK
Wed, 06-01-2011 - 1:49pm

DYK I thought we needed a fresh month? :)

DYK amazing how fast this year is going....it's almost half over?

DYK so excited as my SIL (who has been on bedrest) is getting induced tomorrow morning?

DYK amazing she made it FT to 39 weeks....we are truly blessed!

DYK they will monitor her closely though as she is off the heparin and her risk of another stroke happening is elevated?

DYK so excited to meet my 10th niece/nephew! :)

DYK my DH is gone this week and with accounting month-end close it's been very hectic?

DYK

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: charm_3
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 3:50am
dyk - I'm sorry that your FIL isn't doing well...glad that you are seeing minor improvements! :-) Just so hard to deal with!

dyk - With the death of that 2 year old back in April Nik understands death sort of.....so we have to be careful to make the expectations of the hospital clear to him otherwise he gets worred. Otherwise he will have a bad connection with doctors and nurses.

dyk - Glad that Nolan enjoyed his day!! I'm sure that he will get less lazy (especially with you not there) it's amazing what kids will do for people who aren't parents!! :-) My friends kids will eat all sorts of different foods at school that they won't touch if their mom makes it for them!! So funny how kids are!

dyk - Wow you have been having warm weather lately!! I hope you get some warm days & nights so you can use your pool. We have had some warm days and the humidity is just killing me!! UGH!!!

dyk - I hope that the contractions stop for your SIL and that she is in less pain!! I do know however that the baby will be okay if it's born now too.....my SIL's kids were all born between 28 weeks & 32 weeks!! They are now 10,8, 6 & 4!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 3:53am
dyk - How is your sister-in-law doing? How is your little niece? Did you get to meet her yet?

dyk - How are you doing? How's life this without DH around? Do you find it strange not having him around especially when you are used to him helping out in certain area?

dyk - Hope you are doing well!!

dyk - Ahhh.....how exciting for Blake to be graduating from preschool.....that will be SO STINKIN' adorable with him in a cap & gown!! You should remember to take pictures of all the times he's in a cap & gown so you can make a composite picture of all the different graduation moments he had!!

dyk - Hope you are doing well!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 4:22am
dyk - Yeah you are right we do have a new normal! It's a crazy new normal and one that changes all the time!!

dyk - I had typed out a whole response and lost it all so I can't remember everything I wrote! :-)

dyk - Monday DH had a rough day -- we tried to talk to his family and Little N was acting up screaming and yelling which was really hard for DH. So when we hung up DH was just in a horrible mood which just depressed me and made me sad too. We went to the beach and played on the sand playground for a while! So much fun!!

dyk - Tuesday thankfully was my last Chinese class from my lady!! She's a sweet lady but just not a good teacher. SIGH......I wish she could follow directions or at least attempt to teach me something but sadly she couldn't. I think what frustrated me the most was that I am a teacher and I could think of so many ways to make reviewing and making sure that they understood stuff fun and enjoyable. I brought the little boys with because it was my last class and my teacher sprung on me that she wanted to take me to a restaurant to hear me order food.....ugh....I hate that....first of all everything is written in chinese so YOU have to know the characters and if you don't know what you want or if they don't have what you want you are screwed!! SIGH.....plus with the boys around it just gave added stress to everything. Thankfully I spent alot of money but it worked out!!

wednesday we had our playgroup time and that was just exhausting....a mixtures of Cantonese, Mandarin, Phillipino & English all together playing.....it just takes all my energy to be there and afterwards I was drained. I ended up skipping my bible study that night because I was so tired.....dh was slightly annoyed and tried to get me to go but I just couldn't do it!!

Thursday I had my friend come over to watch the boys.....we (DH & I) went out to eat and then figured out our enevolope system (we decided we are gonna do the envolope system to see if we can save some money that way.) we both have discretionary money that we can get stuff at the store or food stands (I have more because I usually have the kids) and then we are gonna start working on our vacation fund so we can go on a fun vacation. Went to Costco & completely forgot to get what we set out to buy!! :-/ I hate when that happens!!

dyk - Today we had women's group.....a little boy right around Brynn's age came and bonked his eye and cut it!! Poor little guy!! I felt bad for the mom & the little boy!! The little boys & I went to the bakery -- I got two sweets -- a cream filled pastry & a whipped cream filled dessert. So good......the boys got their normal mouse (a lemon coated cake filling) and then DH took the kids home while I went to the doctor's. She told me I was about 9 1/2 weeks and that I had to go back in to 2 to 3 weeks to get blood work & a urine sample. DH was slightly annoyed......he was like what was the point of going in this time? I said.....you wanted me to go to the doctor's before we told people.

dyk - This past Monday & Tuesday we told both my parents & DH's parents. FIL told me that I was pregnant with twins....told him....nope if that were the case I'd be moving back to the states....I'm not sure I can handle two babies plus two toddlers. SIGH.....thankfully the u/s shows only one baby.

dyk - Tonight we will tell DH's bff. I'm sure they will be shocked.

dyk - DH I think is planning on flying home....his grandpa is dying.....we think it will happen tonight. So he wants to make sure he's back because he's pretty sure this will be one of the last times he see's his dad's family (extended) for a long time -- unless we make the effort to see them and visit them! So it's kind of sad and I'm extremely jealous but we can't afford for all of us to fly back!! SIGH....

dyk - Our weekend plans --
Friday -- DH's BFF and his family are coming over for spaghetti & hanging out!
Saturday -- I have to go shopping for birthday presents and make sure I have stuff ready for when DH goes over to the states!! Plus we are going over to some "friends" house for the dragon boat festival.....we are having spaghetti (my homemade blend.....so good) pizza, & pounded rice!! It should be a good night!!
Sunday -- possibly go over to a friends house for fast food and playing. Then to a graduation party for a friend's kid. Also maybe packing & me learning to drive so that I can drive the car so that I can drive it if I need to while dh is gone!!
Monday -- DH might leave to go to the states.....just not sure...everything is up in the air!! SIGH!!

dyk - I'm just thankful that my schedule has lightened up a little bit!! We will see what I do when DH is gone!! I do hope my mom can mail to my in laws my maternity clothes......that would be a big expense off our shoulders.....I need to get some stuff because it will be winter over here but that shouldn't be too hard.....hopefully.

dyk - Hey Col.....with your kids --- were you late or early with your kids? Just trying to figure stuff out. I was on time with Nik, early by 5 days with Mikah & so I'm just trying to figure out if I'll go early or late with this one!!

dyk - My MIL went on time with her first, early with her second and late with her third. But I can't guarantee anything through her......I guess I have to talk to my mom!! I'm also pretty certain the doctors won't let me go late with any of my kids because of my c-section that I had with Nik.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 2:01pm
Chantail - DYK I hope your SIL is feeling much better....that must be so tough to go through and I hope baby is doing well? DYK N sounds like a typical boys....they are so funny at this age? DYK are you guys doing swimming again soon? DYK how is Miss M? DYK I bet she is getting big already? DYK did you shop for summer clothes for her yet...there is some super cute stuff out there?

Care - DYK I love reading about your weeks....you guys always do such fun stuff? DYK glad the class is over...it sounded like it wasn't worth your time? DYK I'm sorry about your DH....I'm sure it will be tough on you too to hold down the fort? DYK with Blake I went 10 days late, Jax was 3 days late, and Brynn was 5 days early so with each kid I subsequently went earlier?
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 3:04pm
DYK my SIL had her baby yesterday afternoon....didn't even have to be induced because when she showed up she was already in labor...at 6 1/2 dilation and didn't even know it? LOL

DYK she got epidural farily soon afternoon but it stalled her labor for hours and had to get some pitocin but that got things going again and she delivered yesterday afternoon?

DYK Samantha Grace was 7 lbs 7 oz and 20 inches with beautiful copper colored hair?

DYK DH gets back today...yay!

DYK it's been such a hectic week with kids, accounting month-end close, DH gone, my brother's baby, etc.?

DYK Blake's graduation is tomorrow and then we have a birthday party?

DYK Sunday will be swimming and relaxing! :)

DYK the boys start swimming lessons on Monday....it will be two straight weeks of lessons that end right before our trip to Mexico?

DYK the boys are swimming great (I don't have to be in the water at all with them) but it will be good to help them fine tune some things?

DYK Happy Friday girls! :)
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 3:51pm
dyk she is still in pain, the pain is supposed to last 5 days.
dyk she has the surgery 1pm on the 31st so getting there.
dyk she had a shower today, so that is good.
dyk my father in law is worse again, but they think they know the infection, so working on it good, and he is mentally better.
dyk we have the local town fair this weekend.
dyk can't wait...hope it is good weather.
dyk we have swimming lessons starting again in a few weeks, depending on the weather.
dyk mckenna is great,, getting big, out growing lots of clothes...her cheeks are huge...lol.
dyk put a new pic on facebook, will take some this weekend and update.
dyk she has the fatest cheeks, and thighs, but her calves and feet are so skinny...she has huge creases, so hard to yank them apart to clean her thighs...lol....
dyk lotsof smiles, she wants to look around and see what is going on...holds her head up so much.
dyk she sleeps great...so good but she knows what she likes and what she doesn't.
dyk hopefully nolan will be good for his teachers...guess time will tell, his nursery school teacher says he is and will be just fine.
dyk we got sooo many clothes for her, haven't really had to shop for her....she has somuch....we are spoiled.
dyk some really cute outfits, gonna post pic here of my new fav.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 3:54pm
dyk so exciting.
dyk yeah for swimming lessons.
dyk can't wait to get nolan in the pool and see if he remembers to swim.
dyk yeah for your new neice, so glad she made it til full term.
dyk so much fun.
dyk yeah for mexico
dyk yeah for dh being home.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 4:00pm

here are two pics of mckenna, one during photo shoot, and one two min. later when I put the camera away and had to get another shot of her passed out.

these pics were taken on the 31st.

and one of nolan playing 'his drums'.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-04-2011 - 5:29am
dyk - WOO HOO for your niece being here!! Have you seen her yet?

dyk - WOO HOO for DH being home!! That must be wonderful for your whole family!!

dyk - I'm sure you were exciting but I'm sure the kids were thrilled that their dad was home!!

dyk - I hope that account ending goes smoothly!! (Are you done now?)

dyk - Woo hoo for swimming!! I wish we had an outdoor pool near us!! I know someone who lives near us who said we could swim over at her place but I don't want to take advantage of her!

dyk - I can't believe you are going to Mexico in two weeks!! That should be SO SO much fun!!

dyk - I hope swimming lessons go well!!

dyk - Have a great weekend!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-04-2011 - 5:39am

dyk - It's amazing what Nolan will get used to and if you hold to the expectation that he is good in school and make sure that you want to know that he is behaving and doing the right thing and let the teachers know that he will be great and you guys will have a great year!!

Pages