June DYK

iVillage Member
June DYK
Wed, 06-01-2011 - 1:49pm

DYK I thought we needed a fresh month? :)

DYK amazing how fast this year is going....it's almost half over?

DYK so excited as my SIL (who has been on bedrest) is getting induced tomorrow morning?

DYK amazing she made it FT to 39 weeks....we are truly blessed!

DYK they will monitor her closely though as she is off the heparin and her risk of another stroke happening is elevated?

DYK so excited to meet my 10th niece/nephew! :)

DYK my DH is gone this week and with accounting month-end close it's been very hectic?

DYK

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: charm_3
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 3:42pm
dyk today her eye is much better, she seems to have a few good days and a few lots of gunk days.

dyk dh is off work to visit with his familyhis uncle is in town, hasn't been here in 15 years.
dyk fil seems to be doing good eating more, and seemsmore himself.
dyk so weird to se ehim losing his hair.
dyk love the spinning class, went for a run last night...starting to like it we are going tomorrow too.
dyk dh has band practice after work so will be a long day.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 3:45pm
dyk always wanted three...dh wanted two, that is why we joked about having twins second....part of why it was harder to lose one I think...anyway.s
dyk dh is on board for a third, I am working on four now...ha ha....
dyk we will try in a year....for my work time, so may or june baby....we will start to be due in two years....so they aren't too close but don't want to wait too long and be too old, already 32 which isn't old, just don't want to be 35 having kids.....just my number to be done by....although if we go for four not sure that will happen...

dyk always wanted more than two,..not sure why....we will see if I can get preggers and if it will take a long time, not sure I can handle another 1.5 years of ttc that it took to get mckenna....love her to death but so emotional to try that long.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-20-2011 - 11:05pm
dyk - I keep having problems posting! :-/ UGH.....so frustrating.....I've tried writing about 5 times now and I keep losing my posts!!

dyk - I am SO excited that DH is back!! I can handle having him gone but I always like it when he's back because then I don't have to do it all by myself plus the kids do miss him!!

dyk - He was and is still experiencing jet lag! But hopefully he'll get better!

dyk - It was a nice trip for him and he came back with all sorts of goodies for all of us!! Travel size powdered drink to make sure the kids and I were drinking enough!! :-) My cheese popcorn sprinkle....missed that more than I realized. Vitamins for me -- he super concerned about me and not drinking enough milk over here!! The boys got toys and books and clothes. I got my maternity clothes and John got his birthday present from my parents! :-)

dyk - I am so thankful for having friends over here that care about us! the pizza was amazing and the sub....ehh it was okay but just not what I was expecting but that's what I get for expecting it to taste like it would in the states. :-)

dyk - With the weight gain I figure that I will most likely gain the same amount that I did with the boys it just strange to think that I'm like 10 pounds below what I was with the boys!! :-) Just strange thought!!

dyk - My parents get concerned about my weight.....mostly because my aunts are so overly over weight and my parents just don't want that to happen to me! I personally think I take after my grandpa (my mom's dad) and he was always in shape and skinny!! Plus with the amount of walking I do over here I should be okay! :-)

dyk - I do however once I'm done with this pregnancy want to find something fun to do for exercise. Maybe I'll try yoga or pilates but I'd love to do some sort of dance thing! Right before I got pregnant John gave me the okay to look at the dance place by our house! But now that's a moot point! :-)

dyk - Col, I have no idea why you have to worry about gaining weight! Maybe all the issues with your liver and then with all the running you do with your family! That could be! Nice problem to have though!!

dyk - I hope you have a blast in Mexico!! :-) I'm so excited for you!! Enjoy a drink for me! :-)

dyk - I'm thinking it's a boy mostly because I want it so badly to be a girl!! If I keep thinking it's a boy then I won't be super disappointed when and if it's a boy! :-) However I'd love to have a boy!! I love that hat (the turqoise hat) that Chantail won on the Moody fundraiser!!) I totally would have bid on it but then I didn't want to jinx anything!! I'll just see if I can get another one from April if I have a girl!! :-)

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-20-2011 - 11:15pm
dyk - I always wanted two and then as soon as I found out I was pregnant with Mikah and he was a boy I wanted to try for one more!! SIGH......but I think I'm done at 3!!

dyk - I think it's great that you want 4 kids! How special and awesome!! Good luck getting DH on board! :-) I hope that it doesn't take as long to get pregnant this time around!! I am the same way.....I want to be done having kids at 35......I just don't want to think about being pregnant and all that at 35. So I'm 33 which is why I think we will be done because I don't want to be pregnant anymore just my weird number in my head!!

dyk - I'm glad that you like spinning and running! Do you take the kids out or is it just you and Dave? I think with finding stuff you like you will lose the weight that you want to because you are doing something that you enjoy!!

dyk - So glad that your FIL is doing a little bit better! I bet it's weird for you to see him losing weight and losing his hair!!

dyk - How was your week? Did you survive?

dyk - How was getting together with DH's uncle! :-)

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-20-2011 - 11:17pm
dyk - Sorry about the tendonitis!! :-/

dyk - Are you still cycling....does it still give you that release? Or do you miss running?

dyk - How are you doing? How are the kids! Are you guys on summer break yet?

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-20-2011 - 11:22pm
dyk - Hi ladies! I've been trying to reply to things but my internet has been annoying me!! I'd get a post drafted and then it'd get lost! SIGH!!

dyk - DH got back safely last week.....his BFF picked him up thankfully!! :-)

dyk - We are trying to do a budget! We will see what happens but I think it's gonna work!!

dyk - Just have to figure out how to arrange the medical expenses!! :-)

dyk - This past weekend I had a girls weekend up in the mountains!! Crazy how much cooler it was up there!! We had a blast it's just I did too much hiking and am paying the consequences now!! SO SO SORE!! :-) But I had a blast!! Got to see waterfalls, and some HUGE trees!!

dyk - We announced that we are expecting so it's now all out!! :-) Kind of fun to share it with everyone!!

dyk - Hope you guys are well!! Miss hearing from all of you!! :-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 9:33am
dyk glad john is back.
dyk glad you got to announce you are preggers
dyk glad you got your maternity clothes and lots of treats from the states.
dyk it has been quiet here
dyk so glad the fundraiser went well and overall so much money was raised to help the moody's.
dyk so excited about the stuff I won.
dyk how are you feeling care?
dyk went for a run sunday, going to go wednesday, spin class thursday and hopefully once this weekend, but we have a wedding sat, so not sure about that.
dyk last weekend was so busy, but fun.
dyk was hard fathers day, missing my dad, but getting to the point where it is normal for him not to be there, and so not as hard.
dyk mckenna was dedicated at church and she was perfect, and looked so dang cute in her dress.
dyk then we had some friends back and then we went to dh's fam's house....was hard to see his uncle and aunt say goodbye to dave.
dyk he wanted steak and corn and potatoes and ate some of all of it, and walked up a flight of stairs by himself.
dyk he wanted to sit outside, and getting up and moving more, so that is great.
dyk he has chemo again, second major dose and then daily pills for one of the types.
dyk his taste is a bit better, water doesn't taste like salt anymore...so that is great, we know the chemo is working.
dyk mckenna and I go for her two month check up thursday, and my follow up.
dyk she barely fits in 3 month clothes...and has outgrown size 1 diapers, we still have a huge package....
dyk she seems to be a month behind nolan in her weight gain, so we will see how much she weighs...but she is getting sooo pudgy...and her thighs are so rolly, but her calves and feet are soo skinny.
dyk swimming lessons for nolan and some neighbourhood kids start today in our pool.
dyk we checked the pool temp and it is 85...we haven't even turned the heater on.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 9:34am

dyk col hope mexico is amazing

dyk can't wait to hear all about it.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 3:39pm
They have been on break since May 27th. We are staying busy with Tball, dance, swim lessons, library story time and playing outside!

I do the elliptical or ride my bike instead of running but I don't enjoy it really. I really like running. Foot is still sore - going to PT 2-3 times a week. Hopefully it will be healed soon.

So last week one of my teaching friends passed away - blood clot in the leg got lodged in the lung. Then Sunday there was a fatal car accident with four of the seniors (who I taught as sixth graders) and one of the girls was ejected and died :( Another is in critical condition still. So sad.
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 3:43pm
Yeah, I feel that way too. I think it is awesome that you will be doing a half marathon! Figured out that I am super tight on my right side (hip, calf etc) and my foot wants to underpronate so that combined with running on pavement (which I don't normally do), springs, and increasing my mileage was just too much for the tendons. Hoping it doesn't take all summer to heal *sigh*
Mckenna, WTGrow! My kids had skinny calves/feet too lol It kind of looks funny, huh?
Glad FIL seems to be doing a bit better!
((HUGS)) I bet Father's Day is a tough day for you!

Pages