May DYK

iVillage Member
May DYK
Tue, 05-03-2011 - 8:14am

dyk - So April is getting to long in uploading so I figure it's time for an updated DYK!! :-)

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: care0721
Tue, 05-03-2011 - 8:23am
dyk - Woo hoo....DH is home!! :-)

dyk - It is so humid around here....so hot!!

dyk - Today it got up to 80 in the house!! That's too hot! :-/

dyk - I went to chinese class......my teacher is going to fast and is expecting to much from me. She expects me to know the sounds and the chinese writing before I get there which is utterly impossible. Not sure how long I can make it before I need to quit.

dyk - I'm gonna take chinese in the fall at the local college but I just want to start so I can get a firm foundation or a little bit of understanding!

dyk - My DH is the best!! My birthday/mother's day gift was the Ipad 2. So that I can have a replacement from the one that broke...the nice thing is that he got the insurance so no matter what happens they should replace it no matter what!! :-) I love that guy!!

dyk - DH is at chinese class....it's a more intensive class then what I'm doing so hopefully it's not to advanced for him!! Or maybe I should wish for it because then he won't get better then me!

dyk - Tomorrow I'm gonna have a sitter so DH & I can go out to lunch and go to the Apple Store to set up my Ipad 2. It should be a good day!! :-)

dyk - I have to go to the doctor's and figure out what's going....have to remember who's good without giving it away!!

dyk - Sadly we don't get on the National Health Plan until July 4 so hopefully these visits aren't too expensive!! :-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-03-2011 - 10:07am
DYK I hope you guys have an air conditioner? :)

DYK I've heard Chinese is one of the tougher languages at home?

DYK maybe once you and your DH learn enough you can speak it to eachother at home as using it a lot always helps?

DYK the most Chinese I know is what I learn from Kailan on Nick Jr.? LOL

DYK I hope you get to the doctor so you can confirm all of your dates?

DYK I'm sure it will be nice once the health plan kicks in?
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-03-2011 - 10:11am
DYK tonight is our last soccer practice (Saturday is the last game)?

DYK I will miss soccer but it will be nice to free up two days out of the week as it's been hard juggling both Karate and soccer?

DYK I am going to sign the boys up for swim lessons the first two weeks of June?

DYK it will be every evening after work so my schedule will be grueling but it will be worth it to get them swimming strong before our vacation next month?

DYK I just hoping to find both of their classes at the same time as they are at different swim levels?

DYK I am still so happy they both remembered how to swim when we got in the pool last week?

DYK I am so paranoid about pool safety?

DYK I know Brynn is too young this summer but I will have her swimming like a fish next summer as I will feel so much better? :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-03-2011 - 11:46am
dyk - Chinese is hard of the harder languages because they don't have a universal pin yan (which is a romanized alphabet) plus the sounds are all different.

dyk - Plus in Taiwan they use a different more traditional chinese which means you just have to memorize the different characters but there are over 1,00 characters and then ontop of that different combinations so it makes it difficult plus they have the 5 tones that that you have to figure out what goes with what. So it makes it rough with learning Chinese.

dyk - We probably won't use Chinese in our home (except if we were going back to the states) because we want the kids to have a good grasp of English and we want our house to be a safe place for them so we will avoid (if we are able to speaking Chinese at the home)

dyk - Wow....already done with soccer you guys are insane with the sports your kids are in.....in a good way but wow!! They've already been in soccer, karate, & swimming!! How awesome is that!!

dyk - I'm all for water safety....thankfully we don't have a pool in our backyard so we don't have to worry about it as much. I think I might inquire at the local school if they offer swim lessons.

dyk - I need to figure out my dates but I'm a little afraid about it all because I'm pretty sure I'll go early. When I typed in the dates it said my due date was Jan. 1....so that most likely means I'll have a December baby.....I just hope it's not too close to Christmas.

dyk - We do have a/c in the living room, our bedroom & Nik's room!! So it should be okay!! Just not a fan of 98% humidity!!

dyk - Ugh....it's a late night for us...Mikah is up SUPER SUPER late not wanting to sleep so I have no idea what's up with him!! Gonna change his diaper then it's off to bed again!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-03-2011 - 2:10pm
DYK the boys have also done tumbling and are asking for Tee-ball? LOL

DYK I held off on the Tee-ball but now am regretting it because they are really into baseball right now?

DYK I plan on exposing them to lots of different sports and once they figure out the ones they like best we'll stick with that?

DYK yes, sounds like you may have a December baby?

DYK is your DH excited about the news?

DYK is he wanting a girl too?
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-03-2011 - 3:41pm
dyk nolan has done swimming, soccer, lacrosse, skating, and hockey this fall.
dyk want to introduce him to lots.
dyk then let him to decide.
dyk he is so good at lacrosse, he is the youngest but he practices so much.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-03-2011 - 7:24pm

Dyk - makes sense to introduce them to a variety of sports so they can know later on what they love to play.

Dyk - I'm not sure how dh feels....I told him over the phone & he said well congratulations to you.

Dyk fingers crossed for a girl.

Dyk today is gonna be a long day....mikah wouldn't sleep till 2 am & was up at 6 am. We have a sitter coming at 1 pm but I can't take my nap today so therefore long day. Sigh.....but dh & I get a date lunch & a trip to the apple store.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-03-2011 - 7:30pm
Dyk you guys are great parents putting them in a variety of sports to get exposure. Soon we will do the same but where we were it was always during nap time that tumbling was going on.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-03-2011 - 9:57pm

Hi everyone!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-03-2011 - 10:37pm
dyk - Welcome back from FL....did you have a great day?

dyk - How did the kids do? how are you doing?

dyk - I hope all is going well for you guys!!

dyk - CUP when you are able to!!

Pages