Need some advice... please!!

iVillage Member
Need some advice... please!!
Tue, 09-20-2011 - 2:17am

I have a friend who is right around 31 weeks in her pregnancy....she is not thrilled with her doctor and has been avoiding going to the doctor for the last month or so.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-20-2011 - 8:58am
hey care,
sorry your friend isn't having a good experience with her doc.
can you just sit down and say honestly you are worried for her, that are sure that the baby and her are ok, but the appointments are for a reason, the gestational diabetes test, blood pressure, hearing the babies heartbeat, all very important. That she needs to see her doctor or another asap, cause if something heaven forbid were to happen she would never forgive herself. And all that matters is that her baby is ok. I agree an episiotomy isn't necessary, but my friend had one and had an easier recovery than mine from nolan where I almost tore myself an episiotomy.
tellher for her sake and her babies sake she needs to make a decision and do what is best for her, and that that isn't what is best for you maybe, but she has to do something, this is not something to procrastinate.
I would just say it bluntly but lovingly.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-20-2011 - 11:18am
That's what DH and I were talking about and going to try and say to her. If she hasn't found a doctor or made her appointment then we were gonna have a sit down conversation with them on Thursday. We just are worried about her and the baby.

I'm also a little paranoid because of my SIL and her having babies so early!! The episiotomy....I'm assuming you just have to be firm with the doctor and tell them no....but who knows....I'll have to ask my doctor as it gets closer because I tore a little bit from Mikah but I'm not really up for getting cut for no real reason.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-26-2011 - 8:25am
I would stress that she is putting the baby in danger by avoiding the dr. None of that stuff matters in the end, but I know how much it bothered me as a first timer too. The dr that I really disliked throughout my pg ended up being wonderful during delivery. Like Chantail said, what really matters is a healthy baby. She needs to put her baby first.
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-26-2011 - 9:23am
Yeah...that's my feeling.