Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-03-2009 - 1:05pm

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-03-2009 - 3:16pm

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-03-2009 - 7:21pm

As of now, my favorite form of exercise is running.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-04-2009 - 9:13am

I LOVE to dance. I did ballet (modern, specifically denishawn), a few years of tap, and a season of training in various ethnic dances like Spanish dancing, Waltz, Irish, hula, etc. In later years we did some contemporary and lyric dancing as well. I miss it so much...at least once a week I have a dream where I start dancing in the middle of daily life. One of my goals is to get enrolled in an adult dance class (not adult as in XXX, adult as in for grown ups, hehe) when I'm healed enough from my surgery to allow it. Unfortunately I feel kind of picky about it. The teacher I trained with all those years was trained by the creators of Denishawn (yeah, she was old...), so I had high-quality training. Just learning some midwestern dance studio version of "ballet" would be frustrating to me. I've been thinking about seeing if any of the colleges in Ft. Wayne would have something I could do.

Motivation...well, that's hard. I haven't been able to exercise in really any capacity since we discovered my prolapses, and since my other health problems advanced when I was in college, impact exercise of any kind has been out of my life for years. I used to be a decent long-distance runner and LOVED taking my feelings out that way. That's something I miss, but I'll never be able to put my body through running again. I guess my motivation is getting as sexy a mom body as possible after my surgery. Since I'm not allowed to have more kids, it's like I want to pour some of that desire into my physical appearance, if that makes any sense. If I won't ever be gloriously pregnant again, I can at least be a very fit and attractive momma, right? :) So that's kind of a superficial motivation, but that's what I've got.

I do have the Wii Fit, and I can do many of those exercises even with my prolapses, so when we finally settle into a routine around here, I want to start doing that at least 3 times a week. So far I got back to work, then DH got the flu, now Tovi has it, so...well, routines don't exist for us yet. All in due time, right?