November DYK

iVillage Member
November DYK
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 10:49pm

dyk - I can't believe that it's November.  Where has fall gone?

dyk - How is everyone doing? 

dyk - I hope that we can get more comments going this month then last month?

dyk - Chantail how was your thanksgiving?  How are you feeling with your pregnancy?  How far along are you now?

dyk - Col, how you doing?  How's work? How are the kids?  Is it cooling down in your neck of the woods?  How was your Halloween?  What were the kids?

dyk - Court, how you doing? How were the kids with Halloween?  You enjoying running again?  

dyk - Was anyone effected by the Hurricane?  Sounded like New York and New Jersey got hit pretty hard.  

dyk - ANything fun planned for November?

dyk - We are doing well....busy but good!  

dyk - Some friends of ours have to leave Taiwan because of Visa issues.  So sad because they were some of our closiest friends. That's the hardest thing about living over here is you make friends and then they end up leaving.  It's kind of hard.

dyk - So Nik has a prayer request....he wants another baby.  Ugh.....it's sweet but I think I'm done! :-)  I have to either get something done or have DH get something done.

dyk - Hope everyone is well!  Thinking of you all!! :-) Hopefully this month will be better for comments!  

iVillage Member
In reply to: care0721
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 9:20pm

hey, I am finally able to log on.

dyk been trying and lets me log in, then says I can't post comments, then I click reply and tells me I have to login again, and cycle completes.

dyk missed everyone.

dyk how is everyone.

dyk we have had a week of fevers, both kids, stomach flu nolan, snotty nose and cough both kids, horrible flu me...not fun, and baby wasn't happy with that.

dyk knock on wood, just the coughs at the end.

dyk nolan is getting an award for academics on wednesday, he is at the top of his class...so proud of him.

dyk gonna bawl.

dyk my mom flew to florida for 10 days for black friday shopping...man your deals are insane...

dyk dh is done his busy season and been applying for part time jobs...fingers crossed.

dyk disney is in 3 weeks...can't wait...all ready to go.

dyk hope everyone is doing well.

dyk anyone going black friday shopping?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: court296
Tue, 11-20-2012 - 7:17am

Glad you are able to log in, Chantail!  I thought those glitches were supposed to be fixed! You may want to let them know it is still happening to you.

Yay for Disney!

Sorry you guys have been sick UGH  We just have colds, but they are bad enough. Flu is awful!

I hate Black Friday lol  I never shop that day. People are jerks.  That being said, of course I have to work it.  11:30 PM Thanksgiving night until 9:30 AM black Friday morning.  I am going to get sick staying up all night.  Hate retail during holidays

Care, glad you had fun when you came back for a visit.  Hope the the boys start liking Chinese SS.  We found a new church and joined and the kids LOVE SS but hate church lol

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-22-2012 - 12:24am
dyk sorry you guys have colds dyk sorry you have to work dyk can't imagine working that shift...hopefully it will go fast. dyk glad you found a church the kids love. dyk we haven't been to church in too long, with hockey, it kills us...such a hard balance, hate missing church, but only time nolan can play sports...and he loves his sports. dyk my best friends daughter is coming to spend the night tomorrow night, can't wait, she is my sweet girl...so will be lots of fun. dyk have to buy a bday gift for the party we are going to sunday, and just chill, gotta vacuum and clean bathrooms...boring.. dyk hope everyone has an amazing thanksgiving and has a great time with their families.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-25-2012 - 9:37pm
dyk - So funny that your mom went shopping down to FL. ;-) dyk - Deals are crazy......I like the fact that you can get some deals even online. :-) dyk - Hope that things go well for DH....how was the first official year of him doing editing and such go? dyk - I can't wait to take my kids to Disney! My boys will love it! :-) dyk - I'm sorry that you were sick! :-(

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-25-2012 - 9:40pm
dyk - Our kids don't attend church....their English Sunday School is during the sermon and the boys like going to the Chinese Sunday School...but I want them to sit through the church service also. Still have to think it through. dyk - No black friday shopping for me....nothing over in Taiwan but I don't go shopping on Black friday either. Seems like the selfishness after being so thankful comes out and it's just not fun to go when people aren't kind. dyk - We are finally cooling down....long pants every day and working on long sleeves. Still a little bit to warm for that though! :-)

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-25-2012 - 9:53pm
dyk - We enjoyed our Thanksgiving...even though we were far from our family! dyk - I find it amusing what they think is Thanksgiving food over here. They do a turkey but they put a red spice which makes it taste really gross. Just more of a Chinese turkey. Thankfully we have had a good turkey for Thanksgiving. :-) dyk - I got to take some family pictures for a family that attends our church. Such cute pictures that I'm going through! :-) dyk - Life is such a balance is so hard to find the right balance. I know that I wish my kids could be in sports but I'm just not able to find stuff for them quite yet. dyk - Miss you....hope that you had fun with your best friend's daughter.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-28-2012 - 11:44am
dyk says I can't post when I logged on so we will see if this works. dyk the deals in the US are insane...we are starting to get some sales...but not the same...our prices are so much higher to start...even with the dollar. dyk his first year went pretty good, did work for three photogs doing editing and working on taking family photos and head shots....that is picking up as he does more...people see pics and pass his name on...but it is new.... dyk can't wait for disney, less than two weeks. dyk monday felt fine, woke up tuesday my throat was raw, so sore, and my left ear is killing me....gonna try and go to the drop in today...feel horrible...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-28-2012 - 11:51am
dyk glad you got pics and a kinda thanksgiving. dyk really sick day...throat, ear and lots of pregnancy puking....blah dyk need to sleep and eat and can't get anything down or swallow...kills my ear. dyk had lots of fun with my bf's daughter...fun having her, and then my bf came up to pick her up so we got a little visit. she runs a daycare and had give kids in activities and we are busy so we talk on the phone, don't get much visit/play time.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-29-2012 - 8:37am

Hope you can get into the dr and gets some drops for your ear and start feeling better!  Gotta be healthy for Disney!  

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-29-2012 - 4:38pm

Glad you got a good turkey for TG!  

Woops - meant to post this in the morning but must have walked away!