November DYK

iVillage Member
November DYK
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 10:49pm

dyk - I can't believe that it's November.  Where has fall gone?

dyk - How is everyone doing? 

dyk - I hope that we can get more comments going this month then last month?

dyk - Chantail how was your thanksgiving?  How are you feeling with your pregnancy?  How far along are you now?

dyk - Col, how you doing?  How's work? How are the kids?  Is it cooling down in your neck of the woods?  How was your Halloween?  What were the kids?

dyk - Court, how you doing? How were the kids with Halloween?  You enjoying running again?  

dyk - Was anyone effected by the Hurricane?  Sounded like New York and New Jersey got hit pretty hard.  

dyk - ANything fun planned for November?

dyk - We are doing well....busy but good!  

dyk - Some friends of ours have to leave Taiwan because of Visa issues.  So sad because they were some of our closiest friends. That's the hardest thing about living over here is you make friends and then they end up leaving.  It's kind of hard.

dyk - So Nik has a prayer request....he wants another baby.  Ugh.....it's sweet but I think I'm done! :-)  I have to either get something done or have DH get something done.

dyk - Hope everyone is well!  Thinking of you all!! :-) Hopefully this month will be better for comments!  

iVillage Member
In reply to: care0721
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 9:20pm

hey, I am finally able to log on.

dyk been trying and lets me log in, then says I can't post comments, then I click reply and tells me I have to login again, and cycle completes.

dyk missed everyone.

dyk how is everyone.

dyk we have had a week of fevers, both kids, stomach flu nolan, snotty nose and cough both kids, horrible flu me...not fun, and baby wasn't happy with that.

dyk knock on wood, just the coughs at the end.

dyk nolan is getting an award for academics on wednesday, he is at the top of his class...so proud of him.

dyk gonna bawl.

dyk my mom flew to florida for 10 days for black friday shopping...man your deals are insane...

dyk dh is done his busy season and been applying for part time jobs...fingers crossed.

dyk disney is in 3 weeks...can't wait...all ready to go.

dyk hope everyone is doing well.

dyk anyone going black friday shopping?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 8:13pm

dyk - All right now that people can see what's going on and I have time....here's an update on me! Smile

dyk - I don't feel like I have caught up on life since returning from America.  It's been a time of just hurry up and hopefully the rest of your life will catch up with you.  

dyk - We had a great time in Amercia....it was way to short but we enjoyed our time there anyways.  So thankful for the time to catch up with family and friends.  We made the decision that we will save money and spend a month in each places just so we have time and aren't so busy. 

dyk - N is in Chinese Kindergarten but is in the last year class before moving up to first grade.  I'm pretty sure he will stay behind just so he has more confidence in his Chinese and he's not learning to many things at one time.  Once he starts first grade he will have to start learning how to read characters and I just want him to feel comfortable in Chinese.  Plus he's just not ready..well at least right now. 

dyk - Both N and M have started Chinese Sunday School.  I bribe them to go with yogurt drinks and special treats.  Hoping it will help M feel comfortable starting school next year.

dyk - DH is taking classes in Chinese and thankfully has made the decision to stop taking classes after this semester.  It's just way to stressful for our family just with the busyness of life. 

dyk - So excited for the holiday season.....we are having a Thanksgiving potluck with weekend.  Turkey anyone?  Stuffing?  Yum!!

dyk - Then it's the start of the Christmas holiday.

dyk - Gonna try to make an advent calendar with a special activity to do every day before Christmas. Like decorating the Christmas tree, reading a story, making cookies, doing a craft, etc.  

dyk - What are some of your Christmas traditions that you guys do as a family? 

dyk - So frustrated by the tv shows that we get over here...I get into them and then I find out that they have been cancelled. Frown

dyk - Hope everyone has a great week!  

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 7:49pm
dyk - Woo hoo....you can post! :-) dyk - How you doing? How's Jax doing? Is he feeling better and doing better after his surgery? dyk - I hope your weekend went well! I hate the business of life. dyk - We just realized that my life is getting busier now that it's the "Holiday" season. dyk - Hope the soccer game went well and the birthday party did also! :-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 7:41pm
Hopefully things have been fixed and they will continue to improve things! :-) I like my time talking to you guys! :-) Makes my day!

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 9:55pm
DYK thanks Care, I can post now? DYK I am so happy they are fixing it....even though it's even a month! :) DYK busy weekend ahead with soccer and my grandma's birthday? DYK I hope you are all doing well!
iVillage Member
In reply to: court296
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 11:19pm

Yeah, I hope they fix the glitches on the board too.  It is pretty annoying. Hope Chantail can log on soon.  

iVillage Member
In reply to: court296
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 11:19pm

Yeah, I hope they fix the glitches on the board too.  It is pretty annoying. Hope Chantail can log on soon.  

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 9:39pm
dyk - I hope that this gets better, because Chantail isn't able to sign in or see stuff either. dyk - Hopefully things will get better soon! dyk - Glad everyone is doing well!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 9:37pm
dyk - That's so funny....that Kiara want a baby sister. So sweet! dyk - I'm sorry that you will miss out on Thanksgiving. :-/ Good luck figuring out things. dyk - Your kids sound like they were cute!

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-04-2012 - 8:40am
DYK I have been having trouble signing in and posting? DYK I can't see replies either? DYK I hope everyone is doing well! DYK we have been busy with school, work, and soccer and everyone is doing great? DYK so glad Jax is over his surgery!