October DYK

iVillage Member
October DYK
Sat, 10-01-2011 - 10:49am
Hi ladies.....it's October can you believe it? If you haven't ever done dyk before -- basically this thread is just telling us how your day, week or weekend has been. Dyk stands for did you know......hope you can update us on life updates.

What are your kids going to be for Halloween? What are you gonna be? Any fun plans for Halloween?

What's your favorite fall activity?

Have you started thinking about Christmas cards? Do you do them?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: care0721
Sun, 10-02-2011 - 5:15am
dyk - Hi everyone -- I can't believe that it's October....it still feels like summer over here BUT today we had it in the 70's and it was actually cool! Woo hoo...I'm ready for weather like that!

dyk - Nik is gonna be superman for Halloween and Mikah is gonna be a pumpkind (borrowed costumes) DH is gonna wear a funky jacket & I'll wear a cape and be something! :-) Who knows!

dyk - They really don't do Halloween over here -- but I think I would stick away from the ghosts and spirits......aspect over here because the belief in spirits harming us and effecting our lives is VERY big over here.....they do lots of sacrificing to the ancestors and such.

dyk - We are gonna get together with friends to do stuff for Halloween. It should be lots of fun!

DYK - My favorite fall activity....driving around and seeing the leaves change color. Also going to the Big E (which I have made 2 times since being married) which is like a big state fair. I love munching on the food, looking at the crafts and just seeing what is around. I also love the fall foods -- apple cider, apple crisp, pumpkin pie, pumpkind crisp, cool enough for steamers with flavoring! :-)

dyk - I just started thinking about Christmas cards -- we didn't do them last year because we were packing up and moving but I think we should do them this year even with everything being so iffy.....the baby could be around before Christmas or after. I think we are gonna do the Christmas pictures next Sunday with a friend taking them.....more so just family pictures but that way I have nice family pictures before this new baby is here. :-) I've tried to do family pictures every year and this will be the first time that we've done "professional pictures" so I'm excited. Maybe I can get the boys yearly pictures done too!! Perfect timing too!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-02-2011 - 5:35am
dyk - Oh my goodness. I can't believe that it's October!

dyk - So much is going on this year and the months are seeming to fly!

dyk - The things I was worried about this summer I'm not even thinking about (mostly because I got my answers and now it's just wait and see!)

dyk - I start my chinese class tomorrow....kind of excited and nervous at the same time. We will see how it goes! :-)

dyk - Hoping to not be so busy but I don't think that's possible! :-)

dyk - I'm not working full time but it seems like I'm always being tugged in one way or the other. I have no idea how the people who work full time plus raise their kids do it! SO much mad respect!! :-)

dyk - DH has chinese class on Tuesday and Thursday which keeps him busy!!

dyk - Wednesday we have playgroup which is always an interesting experience.

dyk - Thursday will be our busy day -- hoping that we can get in a date day (we'll see if our babysitter is busy), then we have people coming over for premaritial counseuling and then we have bible study -- just makes for a busy day!

dyk - Friday's we no longer have the women's group thankfully so that makes my day less hectic especially in the morning. Especially when it's such a late night the night before (we haven't gotten the kids to bed until at least 9:30 or 10 pm.....just makes for a long day!)

dyk - I need to figure out how to also fit in how to do "school" with the boys -- reading, school page, and just fun random activities.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-02-2011 - 9:56am
Andrew is going to be the Hulk again and Kiara wants to be Rapunzel. I wish they made warmer little girl costumes!
We were supposed to do family pics today but I have to work. IDK if we will try when I am done or not. I will do some digital Xmas cards and then have them printed.
DH shot a wedding reception last night.
My grandma is in the hospital with congestive heart failure. They are trying to make her comfortable as there isn' tmuch they can do short of a pace maker, which she prly wouldn't make it through the surgery.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 12:14am
dyk nolan is going to be thor or a knight, and both are pretty warm, and big so he can wear under layers...
dyk kenna is going to be a pumpkin, pumpkin with tights.
dyk yeah for a wedding reception.
dyk court you still do cards?.....would love to get one/some this year.
when do you need everything to get them to be and all that stuff.

dyk I am so sorry about your grandma. I can't imagine, so hard.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 12:57pm
Yep, I can still do cards. Just let me know when you have the pics.

Grandma passed this morning peacefully. My mom and sis are both out of state for work so have to wait until Friday prly for the funeral.

Feel bad that my dad is alone.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 2:45pm
Court - DYK I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother? I'm sending lots of prayers to you and your family!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 2:49pm
Court - DYK I would not wait out in the mud for my DH either? LOL Hopefully you are back to running in no time? I bet the kids costumes will be super cute. I love the idea of Rapunzel....I can just picture the wig.

Chantail - DYK M sounds like a great baby...just like N was? I feel the same way....had three really good babies...sleepers, eaters, etc.....definitely lucky! I hope you had a great Birthday! Did you do anything special?

Care - DYK yay to your mom for the care package...so cool! I hope all goes well at Chinese class. Your Halloween celebration sounds like lots of fun....although I would stay away from ghosts/spirits too in that part of the world. :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 2:54pm
DYK I can't believe how fast the weekend went by?

DYK now it's the countdown to next week when we leave for San Diego?

DYK I have to get through accounting close first though?

DYK so excited as Jax learned to ride his back last night....no training wheels?

DYK I posted a video on FB when we did have a minor incident while he was riding?

DYK so proud of him though!

DYK my big productive thing from the weekend was getting all the kids winter clothes organized and got my winter clothes shopping done?

DYK it's 99 degrees today and will be down to 78 by the end of the week?

DYK you can't beat Fall/Winter in AZ...I am looking forward to nice mild weather....and no heat! :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 3:32pm
court I am so sorry. I am glad it was peaceful. I am sorry your mom and sister are out of town. hope your week goes fast so your dad isn't alone.
hugs, I am so sorry.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 3:39pm
dyk, work, laundry, dogs, and kids, nothing big today....lol
dyk my sister is making dinner tonight...that is about it.
dyk not big for bdays....blah, I am older...
dyk amanda knox verdict is coming in any minute....
dk saw the video, jax did so well, nolan loves riding his bike.
dyk glad he was able to get up and ride again
Photobucket

Pages