October DYK

iVillage Member
October DYK
Sat, 10-01-2011 - 10:49am
Hi ladies.....it's October can you believe it? If you haven't ever done dyk before -- basically this thread is just telling us how your day, week or weekend has been. Dyk stands for did you know......hope you can update us on life updates.

What are your kids going to be for Halloween? What are you gonna be? Any fun plans for Halloween?

What's your favorite fall activity?

Have you started thinking about Christmas cards? Do you do them?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: care0721
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 3:40pm
dyk nolan is really bugging us for a brother.
dyk he keeps asking us when we are going to start working on his brother...lol
dyk he said on the way home that if he gets a sister he wants a brother after, so him and his brother can watch out for his sisters...lol
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 11:37pm

dyk - Court - I am so sorry about your grandma!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 12:00am
dyk - Oh cute....your kids will be so cute. I can't wait to see Kenna as a pumpkin....super cute! Nolan will be the galant protector for his baby sister! :-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 12:01am
dyk - I'm so sorry for your loss!

dyk - Hugs to your dad for losing his mom!

dyk - Thinking of you guys!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 12:06am
dyk - Huh....I wonder if the weather in Taiwan is similar to the weather in AZ?

dyk - Except we have the humidity.....don't you guys have it pretty dry?

dyk - I'm so excited for the cooler weather. Ready to wear pants and long sleeves for a little bit! ;-)

dyk - Woo hoo for Jax learning how to ride a bike and doing a good job with it!

dyk - I hope you have a blast in San Diego! :-)

dyk - Good luck getting work done!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 12:10am
dyk - Happy Birthday Chantail -- I was thinking about you all day and waiting till it was actually your birthday to wish you happy birthday!

dyk - I just try to think of birthdays being a time to celebrate me! :-) Not me getting older!! :-)

dyk - Not sure anything about the Amanda Knox thing....so out of the loop over here.

dyk - I think Nolan is SO SO sweet....oh my goodness....he says the cutest things....just like Nikolas does. I hope you will be able to grant his wish one day! :-)

dyk - What did DH think when you told him?

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 12:46am
dyk - Hi all!!

dyk - Finally cooling off here but I'm sure that it won't last for a while!

dyk - We got to wear pants for the first time this year! I loved it! :-) SO happy.....

dyk - I had my Chinese class....oh my goodness....I learned a bunch of thingns that were just so helpful....things like greetings, numbers and how the numbers work. So now I just have to keep on listening and practicing so I can hear them when I'm ordering stuff. So happy for a good class and a good teacher to explain things! ;-)

dyk - I made soup yesterday -- it was a hambuger tortellini soup with tomatoes, zucchini, carrots. Why is that soup always tastes better the next day? Yummy!!

dyk - DH and I got into the biggest FIGHT this morning.....I got an e-mail from his mom saying that she loooked in stores and couldn't find the carseats that I wanted -- DH and I decided that we wanted a carseat that went up to 30 lbs and 30 inches so that way when it was time all we had to do was use Nikolas convertible carseat. Well she couldn't find any and so I got yelled at because I was too picky and wouldn't trust his mom to pick out stuff. I'm hurt because she has time to get stuff and do stuff for her other grandkids (my SIL's kids have to be over Tuesday and Wednesday night) but it seems so complicated to ask for favors from them....so much work and drama!!

dyk - SO sadly I can't get a carseat, dh is mad at me and I'm considered a dreamer or I have to high of standards. UGH......

dyk - SIGH....I hate getting into disagreements....

dyk - Mostly all this is because we found out that the lady (our landlord) is flying out on Thursday and we found out on Saturday so I could have ordered the carseat I wanted for the price I wanted BUT we can't garauntee that DH's dad will be around to sign for it! UGH!!

dyk - SO MUCH DRAMA!!!

dyk - My boys are not sleeping at all!! Went to bed at 11 pm and were up at 6 am....ugh made for an emotional mommy!!

dyk - Stress eating -- candy corn (that my mom sent over) and drinking Coke with vanilla syrup in it! So good!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 8:24am
Aw that is so cute that Nolan wants a brother so they can watch out for the sisters! So sweet!
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 8:28am
Sorry you and DH got into a fight. I don't think you are asking too much at all. Carseats are very important and it is fine to ask for a certain model that has received high ratings and is safest! Honestly, I hardly trust my parents to put carseats in their car, let alone buy one as they never had carseats for me and don't really realize how important they are (They don't always install them correctly!) One time my mom couldn't get it buckled on both sides so she left one undone! Another time my dad didn't make sure the belt was latched so the carseat about tipped over when they turned the corner!
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 8:29am
Thanks

WTG Jax on no training wheels!

Pages