October DYK

iVillage Member
October DYK
Sat, 10-01-2011 - 10:49am
Hi ladies.....it's October can you believe it? If you haven't ever done dyk before -- basically this thread is just telling us how your day, week or weekend has been. Dyk stands for did you know......hope you can update us on life updates.

What are your kids going to be for Halloween? What are you gonna be? Any fun plans for Halloween?

What's your favorite fall activity?

Have you started thinking about Christmas cards? Do you do them?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: care0721
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 8:31am
So apparently they want the grandkids to be pall bearers. Not really sure I feel comfortable doing that, but my sis already said yes, so I guess I better. There are only two boy cousins so I am a little afraid of how heavy it will be.
They also want grandkids to read scripture/share stories at the visitation/funeral and I really don't feel comfortable doing that at all. One, I get MAJOR anxiety getting up in front of a lot of people and two I know I will be crying and won't be able to do it w/out breaking.
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 9:25am
dyk thanks care.
dyk I am not a big bday person...don't really care either way...
dyk she was an american student, went to study in italy, was found guilty of murdering her roommate and then it just got overturned.
dyk not sure if she did it or not, but with the evidence they had, dont think they had enough to convice.
dyk dh was laughing...we will try in a year or so, don't want to rush it and want to enjoy mckenna...I would like two more, dh wants one.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 9:35am
dyk there are usually 6 or 8 pall bearers, so will be heavy, but I am sure you can do it.
dyk write something, would dh go up with you to read, or could you have someone else read what you wrote?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 9:41am
Dyk - my cousins & I were pall bearers for my grandpa's funeral...you basically follow the casket out & then the funeral home will help lift the casket into the car..same at the graveside.

Dyk - it's hard to talk at the visitation & funeral but write down some of your favorite memories & that will help. People are expecting you to cry so it okay to cry.

Dyk - I'm so sorry.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 9:45am
Dyk - it"'s not that I don't trust my in laws it just that I already had something in mind so thought it would work.

Dyk - also frustrated that my in laws will make time for their daughter but she doesn't appreciate them. Which is why I never feel I can ask them to do stuff bc they are so busy,

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 9:49am
Dyk - oh my goodness....how horrible wow!

Dyk - enjoy McKenna....I've loved the way it has worked out havin two boys & soon a girl. But I think I am done now.....don't want to be pregnant cause every pregnancy gets worse.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 9:55am
Dyk - woo hoo less than 90 days till I meet this baby.....hoping she will be good!

Dyk boys aren't sleeping good lately....sigh!

Dyk - made squash puree.....& squash seeds....the had the boys color a pumpkin & decorated with pumpkin seeds.

Dyk - gonna make squash & apple muffins tomorrow.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 4:53pm
DYK I hope you at least got some good birthday cake? :)

DYK the Amanda Knox verdict was surprising....not sure what to think about with her?

DYK Jax did great with the bike and no training wheels...he'll be popping wheelies in no time? :)

DYK cute that N wants a brother...you should get working on that? :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 4:54pm
DYK it is bone dry here so even with 99 heat it really doesn't feel that bad?

DYK today it's raining and back to the 80s....I love it!

DYK I am with you....will love to wear long pants and shirts....I need a wardrobe change anyway? :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 4:57pm
DYK yepee for the Chinese progress....you will pick it up in no time I bet?

DYK I am sorry about the disagreement?

DYK there are a couple of things I've told my DH I take VERY seriously....car seat and pool safety are the top too?

DYK I have said if he thinks I'm too OCD about that stuff it's a good thing to be OCD about because it's about safety?

DYK I would point that out? :)

Pages