October DYK

iVillage Member
October DYK
Sat, 10-01-2011 - 10:49am
Hi ladies.....it's October can you believe it? If you haven't ever done dyk before -- basically this thread is just telling us how your day, week or weekend has been. Dyk stands for did you know......hope you can update us on life updates.

What are your kids going to be for Halloween? What are you gonna be? Any fun plans for Halloween?

What's your favorite fall activity?

Have you started thinking about Christmas cards? Do you do them?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: care0721
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 5:02pm
DYK hopefully there are enough of the grandkids to make it not too bad to lift?

DYK that is a lot to ask especially if you are uncomfortable getting in front of people?

DYK I would do only what YOU are comfortable with?

DYK everyone grieves differently and it's harder for some to be put in a situation like that than others?

DYK sending hugs that all goes well and you can find some peace!
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 5:05pm
DYK the evidence didn't really seem that strong whether she did it or not?

DYK I would like to see that made for TV movie but missed it?

DYK I bet they will replay it now?

DYK I bet you can talk your DH into a 4th? :)

DYK part of me wishes we had gone for No. 4 but I am feeling pretty content and it's nice that they are all getting out of the baby stage and we can start doing more adventurous things as a family?

DYK I just love babies though! :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 5:47pm

dyk we will work on it, next summer...lol.

dyk I think she may have been involved, but based on the evidence they had, they couldn't convict her, not sure how they did convict her.....we will see.

dyk we had angel food cake, was yummy.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 5:51pm

dyk saw the made for tv movie...seemed a little guilty led...her personality and stuff, but was ok...sure it will be played again.

dyk hoping I can...kids are so expensive, but love them, and so much fun...love big families...I have four siblings....one real...love the crazy holidays with everyone.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 5:58pm
DYK sorry about the boys not sleeping well...that is not good if you are getting no rest?

DYK so cool you have less than three months to go?

DYK I bet it will fly by!
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 6:01pm
DYK what a great day?

DYK my boss called in sick so work has been very peaceful? :)

DYK Blake is on Fall Break so no homework, lunches to pack, etc.?

DYK no soccer for two weeks because of Fall Break either?

DYK we finally don't have a million things going on in the evenings/afternoons (except karate)?

DYK I am sad because tomorrow the kids will have a sleep over at my dad's because my aunt (who watches them) will be out of town?

DYK it will be weird not to have them but hopefully DH and I can get some nice time together to go out to dinner or something? (which is rare!)
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 6:33pm

dyk yeah fall break.

dyk we just got lion king in the mail, so nolan is watching it.

dyk mckenna seems to like it too.

dyk the quality is amazing.

dyk sorry the kids will be away, but glad you and dh gets some quality time.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 10:00pm

dyk - Okay so different climate.....but same temperatures....just absolutely miserable because of the humidity over here.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 10:05pm

dyk - I have no idea if I have opinion about that whole case (well mostly because I'm hearing it third hand from you guys!) so I guess I don't have an opinion! :-)

dyk - I'm excited.....my Chinese will be a LONG time learning progress.....but I'm pretty sure my kids will pick it up quickly!!

dyk - Kids are like sponges and I wish that I could have learned a language at their age!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 10:08pm

dyk - Angel Food cake used to be my go to birthday cake....I would eat that all the time on my birthday with strawberries and whip cream!

Pages