October DYK

iVillage Member
October DYK
Sat, 10-01-2011 - 10:49am
Hi ladies.....it's October can you believe it? If you haven't ever done dyk before -- basically this thread is just telling us how your day, week or weekend has been. Dyk stands for did you know......hope you can update us on life updates.

What are your kids going to be for Halloween? What are you gonna be? Any fun plans for Halloween?

What's your favorite fall activity?

Have you started thinking about Christmas cards? Do you do them?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: care0721
Thu, 10-06-2011 - 11:29am
Dyk - wow both you & dh are dedicated to food measuring & such.

Dyk - we made beef stroganoff last night & the kids didn't eat at all....Mikah took one bit & spit it out.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-06-2011 - 11:35am
Dyk - you guys always make the yummiest meals.

Dyk - I am so jealous.

Dyk - today was a chill day...minus the construction noise going in the apartment across from us.

Dyk - super excited to be able to attempt to make a m&m pie next week.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-06-2011 - 12:25pm
Yeah, DH entered some contest to help him get motivated to lose weight. I swear he puts on almost 30 lbs every other year or so and then has to work really hard to get i tback off. It's like after he loses it, he loses his motivation and gets complacent and stops working out and eats a LOT.
Portion control/what you eat is key. I have only been counting calories for about the last month and already lost about 6 lbs. You just don't realize how many extra calories you are consuming throughout the day! I just try to stay around 1800 or at least under 2000. I had to be eating 2500-3000 before. Just can't eat like that in my 30s lol
M&M pie sounds yuimmy!
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-06-2011 - 12:35pm
Idon't count calories, but try and snack on healthy food....that is my big thing, snacking, or eating to eat....also drinking calories, such a waste, so trying to drink water or smoothie, and no wasted calories in drinking.
good job on losing 6 pounds.
I haven't run in the last week and only ran four or five times in the two weeks around the run, and didn't run a month before that, I haven't gained any, so that is good...kept my weight.
just booked kenna's 6 month pics and well baby....gulp...when did the time go?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-06-2011 - 7:53pm
Dyk - huh...that's amazing...I might have to try & do that. However crap don't know how to figure out that here.

Dyk - my meals & such have really changed....more fruits & veggies. However my boys I think are eating more bread.

Dyk - m&m pie is like a cookie in a pie crust. Hoping it will be yummy.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-06-2011 - 7:57pm
Dyk - that's my biggest thing is I'm trying to drink more but have a hard time with just water. Usually fill my nalgene bottle with water & use a sugar free drink mix to flavor it.

Dyk- I guess my habits will have to change after my pregnancy.

Dyk - are you still nursing McKenna? Way to go with all the weight loss.

Dyk - wow 6 months already for McKenna. That's amazing time flies.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 7:53am
I use calorieking.com to find calories in things I am unsure of, then the easiest way IMO is to weigh it using a food scale...otherwise you can always just measure things out and count that way. It isn't bad, just takes a little bit more time. You don't need to worry about that for a while though! Enjoy eating what you want while you can ;) I craved M&Ms while pg
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 9:06am
dyk yup still nursing her, with food and lunch and dinner.
dyk usually nurser her 4-5 times a day, depending on timing.
dyk down 50 pounds from the end of my pregnancy, so not bad, want a few more, but just happy I havne't gained.
dyk really need to run, but we have thanksgiving at my mom's tomorrow and sunday here.
dyk have to make the turkey and everyything, and make sweet potatoes for my mom's as well as an apple pie and cake for both days.
dyk so tired thinking of it.
dyk have a big client this am, then I can relax.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 9:08am
dyk question for everyone.
dyk for those ebf'ing, when did you get af back?
dyk with nolan it was like 2.5 to 3 months and with mckenna I still haven't gotten it back.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 9:13am
dyk - Good to know.....I'm pretty sure I'll continue to do what I'm doing.....eating more fruits and veggies and less junk food once the baby comes (which is what I was sort of doing before I got pregnant....and then just start walking everywhere and go hiking like we were doing before! :-)

dyk - I just crave sweets.....any type of sweets!

Pages