October DYK

iVillage Member
October DYK
Sat, 10-01-2011 - 10:49am
Hi ladies.....it's October can you believe it? If you haven't ever done dyk before -- basically this thread is just telling us how your day, week or weekend has been. Dyk stands for did you know......hope you can update us on life updates.

What are your kids going to be for Halloween? What are you gonna be? Any fun plans for Halloween?

What's your favorite fall activity?

Have you started thinking about Christmas cards? Do you do them?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: care0721
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 9:14am
DYK - Happy Thanksgiving to you guys! I hope you have a nice weekend....so do you have a long weekend?

dyk - We have a long weekend this weekend but it's because it's the 100 anniversary of Taiwan.

dyk - Hope you can get it all done!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 9:18am
dyk - I wouldn't call myself an ebf ing-- but I nursed both boys for a year -- I think once the boys started to have more food was when I got AF back when I started them more on solids -- so between 6 months and 9 months.

dyk - Enjoy not having AF for a while....I liked it because I didn't have to worry about pads and tampons and such!

dyk - But that was just me.....

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 10:55am
DYK I went five years with no AF because of all the pregnancies and nursing in between?

DYK so basically while I was nursing I never got AF?

DYK AF finally appeared about a month or two after I completely stopped nursing Brynn (I nursed her for about 14 months)?
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 11:00am
Court - DYK I've done the same thing when I've dieted...basically purely count calories? DYK it's amazing how fast the weight comes off as well as amazing how many calories are in everything! DYK I hope your DH loses the weight he wants too....it's almost harder to maintain weightloss than lose it?

Chantail - DYK your meals always sound so good! DYK I can't believe Mckenna is getting close to 6 months old? DYK what's her latest baby milestones (i.e. sitting up, rolling, etc.)? DYK hope you guys have a nice Thanksgiving and enjoy the weekend!

Care - DYK your family sounds like a big fun family! DYK we are very similar....DH and I have a lot of cousins and they all live in the area and have lots of kids of their own? DYK I always craved sweets when I was preggo too? DYK actually I still do? LOL DYK M&M pie sounds amazing!
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 11:06am
DYK TGIF!!!

DYK busy day today...lots of month-end, quarter-end deadlines to get in?

DYK the Diamondbacks Game 5 is on at 2pm so my guess it will be a ghost town around here later (except for me!)?

DYK I will go straight from work to pick up the kids from my Dad and stepmoms?

DYK it's only been a day a half but I miss them like crazy and can't wait to see them?

DYK I talked to them last night and they are having a blast....riding horses, wearing cowboy hats, hiking and looking for rabbits/deer?

DYK I think my dad and stepmom were having more fun than the kids? LOL

DYK last night was tough without the kids home....I just don't do well being at home without them?

DYK I think I got my first taste of what empty-nest syndrome will feel like? :)

DYK tomorrow I am taking the kids to watch their cousin's soccer games in the morning?

DYK because of Fall Break the boys don't have games for the next two weekends?

DYK otherwise we'll just be hanging out and planting winter grass in the backyard?
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 8:33pm
dyk yes, monday is a holiday.
dyk yeah for a long weekend.
dyk initial cake stuff....italian custard crea and chocolate ganache almost done
dyk turkey is in the fridge.
dyk no hockey this weekend...yahoo...supposed to be up to 29
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 8:35pm
dyk I am enjoying it, but feel like I am getting it, which is just annoying, and we might no have used anything else a few times...so worried i am pg....but who knows
dyk just so weird to be so diff. between the two kids.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 8:36pm
dyk wow lucky girl.
dyk how did you know you were preggers with no af.
dyk that is what is freaking me out.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 8:44pm
dyk thanks col
dyk kenna can roll kinda back to front, lots from front to back
dyk she can sit for a bit, she loves to sit, she loves tummy time tries to crawl moving one leg and arm at a time.
dyk she loves the jolly jumper and blowing raspberries and talking...she never stops.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 8:46pm
dyk nolan came home with a note from his teacher, she has nominated him and he will be getting an award for attitude on wednesday at the school assembly...I was crying pretty good when I called dh....my baby.
Photobucket

Pages