October DYK

iVillage Member
October DYK
Sat, 10-01-2011 - 10:49am
Hi ladies.....it's October can you believe it? If you haven't ever done dyk before -- basically this thread is just telling us how your day, week or weekend has been. Dyk stands for did you know......hope you can update us on life updates.

What are your kids going to be for Halloween? What are you gonna be? Any fun plans for Halloween?

What's your favorite fall activity?

Have you started thinking about Christmas cards? Do you do them?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: care0721
Sat, 10-08-2011 - 9:42am
Dyk - glad visitation went okay.

Dyk - I totally agree so hard to see them as a shell.

Dyk - sorry for comments your dad made

Dyk sorry your sister was offended

Dyk I agree the older you get the harder to judge age.

Dyk - thinking of you & hope you can figure out stuff with drew.

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-08-2011 - 9:46am
Dyk - family is always so interesting.

Dyk - my family is so concerned that I will be overweight.....so the are always harping on my weight even though I have never been truly overweight.

Dyk - I would just test to get it over with.

Dyk - I'm sort if getting nervous because of the differences of boys & girls. But it should be fine.

Dyk - so tired long night & long day....went to some friends houses today which was fun.

Dyk - no just sleepy.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 12:21am
So tired today. Drama filled as always when the crazy aunt is around. To make a really long story short, her long time BF did not even bathe, could barely stand/walk let alone DRIVE (he was in the other lane on the way out to the cemetary) and then she left the church before everyone and went back to the house, smoke in my parents carpeted garage, took the flowers, plants, figurines, etc that she wanted and left before anyone got there. She was told to come over afterwards and we would all meet and divide them up. Nice So that ended with several phone calls, yelling and hang ups between her and my other aunt with the uncles trying to moderate so we could at least find out who the gifts were from and get the thank yous sent out. So I have a Willow Tree collection and I mentioned (more than once) that I saw Grandma had one in her room and would love to have it. No, that was from my uncle and he is taking home. So, another one was given to the family at the funeral home. The same uncle claims it and takes it home too. Really? He knows I have a collection and it would be special to me. Could he not let me have one?! I know it is a bit petty, but I am kind of mad.
On a better note, talked to my cousins more than I ever have today. They live several hours away and usually only get to see them for a couple hours on a holiday and they are so quiet we don't get to talk much. Carrying the coffin wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and we did fine. Drew shared the poem/prayer he wrote and it was very sweet.
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 9:32am
Dyk - I'm so sorry.....I hate drama like that...not fair!

Dyk - the carrying of the casket is just different.

Dyk - nice to chat with family......

Dyk so sweet of drew to share something.

Dyk - hugs & thinking of you.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 1:16pm

dyk I am so sorry

dyk glad drew shared his poem and glad carrying the coffin was ok

dyk glad you and your cousins got to talk lots.

dyk sorry about your aunt and her bf

dyk it is a hard enough time that adding that drama into it just makes a hard and bad situation a million times worse.

dyk sorry, hugs.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 7:24pm
Dyk - happy Thanksgiving....hope you have a great weekend.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 10:15pm
Thanks

Went to the apple orchard today and ate and had apple pie (DH had dumpling) got some pumpkins and then did family photos which never seem to turn out bc no one listens/hold still. It makes me want to scream!
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 10:59pm

thanks Care.

we had two great meals....so full, and lots of leftovers.

The icing is way better tonight....ate way way way too much.

dyk feel so sick, but so want more cake

dyk haven't run in two two weeks

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 6:48am

dyk - Sounds delicious....I hope you are able to feel less full.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 11:37am
DYK with no AF I realized I was preggers with both Jax and Brynn because the morning sickness hit?

DYK with Jax I was about 8 weeks along when I finally figured it out?

DYK with Brynn I was about 6 or 7 weeks along?

DYK I guess that is the one good thing about having horrible M/S is it was a very telling sign?

DYK crazy if you were preggers again....very exciting as I know you want more? :)

Pages