What r u doing to protect from H1N1?

iVillage Member
What r u doing to protect from H1N1?
Wed, 10-28-2009 - 8:01pm
With it going around, just wondering what everyone is doing differently to protect their family from H1N1?
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 2:50am

well, to protect the playgroup kids, I've stopped doing food playdates. I got foam gingerbread houses instead of the candy ones, am specifying pack-your-own lunch for events I host, and put up a sick policy. I'm planning to make door signs for the in home playdates (ie STOP! Do you have any of these symptoms?). I also put a thread on our group MB for them to post symptoms, duration, etc when something comes through their house. Colds are making the rounds, so I like the thread (you can compare it to attendance & make a good guess of which kids to avoid for the next few days)

I need to find my mini sanitizer bottles.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 8:47am
Washing hands a LOT and using sanitizer if we are out and about, making sure I wipe the carts at the grocery store, etc. I didn't end up getting the kids vaxed so I am hoping/praying that it doesn't come to our house.

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 8:52am
My county does not have the vaccine (keeps running out before they can even fulfill the first target group!), and I'm a teacher, so I'm definitely exposed. I hate that I might bring it home to Oren, but the best I can do is to use hand sanitizer ALL THE TIME and lysol my belongings at school. DH is a youth minister, and if you think of all the populations that are all together at a church, he's likely exposed too. The church is stocking hand sanitizer and Kleenex and encouraging people to avoid handshakes if they are sick or concerned about getting sick. DH said some churches are going to "bumping elbows" until the threat decreases!

Powered by CGISpy.com

Photobucket

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 9:49am
I'm staying home a little more. I went into the gym yesterday and found out it was going around and decided to just stick home for a while until I can get vaccinated. It's not like the gym is serving a purpose for me I can't do at home these days. I'm also trying to remember to wash hands more. Daley has had the vaccinations but I've only been able to get the regular flu one so far. Still waiting on H1N1.
JULIANNE
DH MIKE since 05/15/05
DS Daley 08/07/07
Baby #2 EDD 06/27/10

new baby

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 1:03pm

Well our family has all been vaccinated for the flu shot.....but we can't get the H1N1 shot.....it's in hard supply.....so we are just gonna be VERY careful....washing hands, using hand santizer, hiding the baby from people (the public)

DH is a pastor and he refused to shake hands.....told everyone before hand but we just are being VERY careful!