Yoo hoo.....ladies where are you?

iVillage Member
Yoo hoo.....ladies where are you?
Thu, 12-03-2009 - 12:21am

Hi!! Sorry I've been a bad CL......got back from being out East....I've read along but just haven't posted as much.....back now.

How were the holidays?

Did you celebrate with family or do someting else?

What was your favorite dish?

Now that Christmas is coming around & Hannahuak what are some thing you do with your family? Traditions, customs, etc?

Powered by CGISpy.com

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-03-2009 - 1:59pm
Thanksgiving was good. It was just me and Audrey for Thanksgiving Day- DH had to work. Favorite dish was by far the Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake I made for desert. Once college is done (2 weeks 1 day and counting!), we're going to make ginger bears!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-03-2009 - 4:21pm
ummm...yum.....ginger bears? Do you have a recipe?

Powered by CGISpy.com

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-03-2009 - 5:40pm
I am still around, most of the time reading along:)
we do not celebrate thanksgiving here, so it was basically just another day here.. lol
Christmas.. I havent really talked about it to DH, but I do have most of the gifts wrapped! yay!

Powered by CGISpy.com

Thanks for my wonderful signatures, Court!!!

Photobucket
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-07-2009 - 6:26pm

I've been MIA simply due to life. It's crazy! Sorry ;)

Thanksgiving was very nice. Favorite dish...hmm...maybe my step-mother's ham? It was pretty good :) Ooo, and my dad's banana pudding. Yum!

For Christmas we usually do a huge get-together with DH's family, but with my surgery next week, they tried to move it up here. You know, it's fine to have a hysterectomy and then turn around and host 17 other people the day after you get out of the hospital, right? Of course the doc said no way, so now it will (thankfully) be just us and maybe short visits from each set of parents at some time or another. Phew!

Traditions...well, last year we started one we're going to continue this year. We pick out fun jammies to wrap and open Christmas Eve and wear to open presents Christmas morning. The boys got coordinated dinosaur jammies--cute! And we get each boy a new ornament. But that's it so far.