Anyone still have a pacifier???

iVillage Member
Anyone still have a pacifier???
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 12:07am
It's been awhile since I have visited the board but had a question and was hoping to get a little help. Nathan STILL has his pacifier! It is driving me crazy. He only has it at nighttime so I don't fight with him about it all day. But he doesn't have a favorite blanket or stuffed animal he likes. Just the "ninky". My oldest gave his up at 18 mos w/out any problems. But Nate loves his more than anything else. Plus we are still struggling with reflux which tends to be worse when he lays down at night and I know that the suck/swallow that he does with the pacifier helps keep the acid down. I guess I am just wondering if anyone else still has theirs. I go back and forth thinking leave it alone, it's not hurting anything and then being frustrated that he still has it. I asked him what he wanted the binky fairy to bring him for giving up his "ninky" and he said, "more ninkies".
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 12:22am

Welcome back....I have no advice for you!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 12:13pm

The Tooth Fairy visited my house a couple months ago and left Jax a toy in place of his binkies. It worked like a charm! The first day he quietly whined for it a bit at naptime (nothing big though). He asked for it that night and the next day but we patiently explained the Tooth Fairy wants kids to have healthy teeth and she would rather them play with toys. We REALLY emphasized how cool his toy was.

So basically two days later he stopped asking for it and never looked back. I really can't believe how easy it turned out (my little guy was just like yours....LOVED his binky). I think I was more dependent on the binky than he was.

Good luck and let us know how it goes! :-)

MaySiggy1.jpg picture by Castilia33
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 3:29pm
Thank you both for the help! Yesterday I decided that this was it. We were done with it and that was it. For his upcoming birthday my mom and dad bought him big boy dinosaur bedding, dinosaur wall stickers, a new headboard and bookcase for his room. It all came yesterday so I figured we would just say new big boy room = no more binky. My sister is due any day with her 1st baby and Nathan is super excited about it. He talks about him all the time so I also used that as an advantage. He said that he would let the binky fairy take his binkies to baby William. So we put them in a bucket(his idea) and said goodbye to them. He asked for them a couple of times at bedtime but never cried like I expected him to. Took him about 30 mins to get to sleep but he slept til his normal time this morning and never woke during the night. He asked for them 1st thing this morning but we quickly showed him the zhu zhu pet that the fairy let for him and he hasn't asked for them at all the rest of today. Anxious to see how tonight goes but so far it's going very well. I think I was definetly more attached to it that he was, lol. I did cry a little when he fell asleep without it. He didn't seem as much like my baby anymore...sigh...
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2010 - 5:08pm

I totally understand....I was super sad my 'baby' didn't have his binky anymore.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 6:43pm

I am SO glad that everything worked out!!