Car Seat Cover for cheap!

iVillage Member
Car Seat Cover for cheap!
Tue, 08-05-2008 - 7:44pm

I found this lady on e-bay who lets you pick out your own fabric and style for your custom made car seat cover.... and there the cheapest I

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-05-2008 - 8:50pm

I dont want to be a party pooper or cause any trouble cues they look really cool but you shouldnt use any other car seat cover with your car seat inless its a replacement cover from the company that made you car seat because after market covers may not be flame retardent and could possibly interfear with the proper function of your seat as they wernt crash tested with you seat. if its just a cover to keep the sun off your seat when your child is not in it that would be ok but if its supost to be used with the seat while your child is bckled in the seat as a replacement coverfor the one you have i wouldnt do it. Just my 2cents and some info i was told from the car seat ladies over on the car seat board.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2008 - 8:20am

i heard that too.....

they are cute, but not advised by car seat experts...

i think it even voids the safety claims by Manufacturers to use after market covers / strap cooshies, etc

Photobucket

Thanks Court! for the sig!

-Kristen

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2008 - 2:06pm

this might be slightly offtopic, but , ive always wondered.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2008 - 2:27pm
Im not shure about using a towl in the seat youd have to ask the car seat techs iv never thought to ask about that i also thought id throw out there that you can only whipe off the harnes with a damp cloth think baby wipe wetness you can not submerge(sp) put them into water to clean them it will damage them and make them weak.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-08-2008 - 10:35am

i am not sure about adding a towel....maybe...

but i

-Kristen

Photobucket