How is it going from 2 to 3

iVillage Member
How is it going from 2 to 3
Fri, 03-25-2011 - 8:30pm
I've been going back & forth about having another & was just wondering how was the adjustment between going from two to three? Also what about the whole not having enough hands for three. Just curious & would love opinions.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-29-2011 - 10:54pm
I've been wondering the same. I know the change from one to two was ridiculous, so I've been curious how bad it would be to go to three. We can't really decide when we want to go to three.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-29-2011 - 11:05pm
I can't decide either.....I would really like to try for a girl but I just don't know if I am able to go from two to three kids. Especially with where we are living right now it seems like it would be impossible. (We live in the city and I have to walk almost everywhere so I'm just nervous about what would happen because this August I'm pretty sure that Nikolas will got to Chinese Kindergarten (equivlant of preschool) so I'm just not sure what I want to do!

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-31-2011 - 6:02pm

I"ve found going from 2 to 3 easier than going from 1 to 2. But my oldest is my most difficult and my babies have gotten easier. DD3 is pretty laid back and has been easy to look after. I'm even still breastfeeding her! Never thought I'd make it this far with #3. The spacing between my kids has been ideal too- around 2.5 years between each so almost exactly 5 years between oldest and youngest. My oldest is in half day k but if she'd been in full day k I think that would have made things so much easier. Also, BB is the middle child and she's got a great personality for being a middle child- she was so independent from an early age, adores her big sister and wants to be older, has always loved babies and never got jealous of mommy holding other babies. She's been just as big a help as my 6 year old.

One thing that comes to mind that really helped me get through those first months is my Moby wrap. I was able to still get out with my older two and have hands to help them or just to hold their hands. Cassidy (DD3) would sleep for the longest stretches in that wrap!

Big decisions for you ladies to make! It's hard going through the baby phase again for a third time but it's so worth it. Good luck in your decisions!

Lisa

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-31-2011 - 6:07pm
For me, I wanted to "try" for a boy but my DH was done at two. Lucky for me we weren't careful and I was blessed with #3 by surprise. I just knew that if I didn't have a third I would regret it for the rest of my life.
It's funny you bring up walking everywhere b/c I found that easier than loading everyone up in the car. I had DD3 in March so it was a perfect time to start walking around.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-01-2011 - 1:29pm
I agree with Lisa...I found going from 2 to 3 wasn't very hard. Definite going from 0-1 and 1-2 is harder. Our third baby just fit right in and joined the family. My oldest is also my biggest personality and my last two babies have been pretty mellow so that has helped. :)

If you think you might want I third I would say go for it! :)
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-15-2011 - 1:55pm
honestly, I found it easier than back in 2007 when I was going from one to two. Ryan had adjusted to not being the only one, and Dylan never had the privilege to be the only one, so it was just okay with him. I love to see how close he and Naïma are!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-15-2011 - 11:19pm
Hi!! How are you doing? Are you pregnant again with your fourth? How are your kids doing?