Ideas and ways to get your BB to eat!

iVillage Member
Ideas and ways to get your BB to eat!
Sat, 08-28-2010 - 12:56pm
Hi all!!

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-28-2010 - 1:11pm

My four year old Blake (who is actually my pickier eater) is better with veggies...loves salads, carrots, peas, etc. He isn't a big pasta or meat eater which is frustrating.

My BB Jackson is great with everything...will pretty much eat whatever is in front of him....except veggies. So what I do is mix the veggies in...either cut up or kind of 'buried' and he doesn't even pay attention. This age can be tough with veggies....we all just do our best. :-)

MaySiggy1.jpg picture by Castilia33
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-29-2010 - 12:49pm

Does he like to dip?

MomandKaitlyn
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2010 - 5:16am

you are doing way better than us! i swear lara has an eating disorder..if you want them to eat one particular food--like i did with lara and pears...eat it every single day in front of and around him (preferabbly as a snack without any other food available. after 30 days he may try it. also bringing when you go out is good--easiest for like carrots i would say.

it takes a lot of effort though...especially if its somehting not portable like peas...

Photobucket
sig

Thanks Kelly, Dina, Tracy and Elana from ss for all my great siggys!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-06-2010 - 4:27pm
DD likes dipping, but she also likes when we call her veggies fun things...like broccoli is mini trees and she likes to eat all the leaves off the trees.

wooo Siggy
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 6:29pm

I love all the advice!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-16-2010 - 5:22am
send them to preschool!! it helps
Photobucket

sig

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-17-2010 - 12:27am

Huh...how does that work?

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-17-2010 - 5:08am

i dont know if you were talking to me but the preschool works (oops but where i live they give healthy food -im not sure about in america or canada) ..and when all the other kids eat she eats. its like peer pressure but in a goood way. they say it will work for potty training too.

now im wondering what they serve at preschools over there? is it gross? is it like when i went to school and theyd give u french fries for lunch when you were in first grade?

Photobucket

sig

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-21-2010 - 10:23pm

I have no idea what they serve at preschools.....Nikolas isn't in preschool!! SIGH I think it depends on the area and the school what they serve!

Good to know that peer pressure works! :-)

Good luck with PTing.....what a frustrating situation! :-/

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-22-2010 - 1:28am

If you don't mind spending a little time & $ Fresh Choice has worked awesome with DD. She eats tons of veggies & legumes when we go and doesn't want to leave until she's cleaned her plate...and at home she won't eat nearly so much.

But she loves restaurants in general, and we have dietary restrictions so she isn't even allowed to have anything bad for you when we go there (ie no ice cream, no cheesy stuff, no pizza, no chocolate cupcakes, etc.) She cried the first time the other kids got ice cream and she didn't but after that she just accepted it and got cantaloupe for dessert instead.

wooo Siggy

Pages