old navy sizing??

iVillage Member
old navy sizing??
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 5:57am

im trying to buy a bathing suit online and need a little help deciding a size.
right now she fits perfectly into her 2t jeans from old navy and her 2t pjs from there are snug (i think they are supposed to be) and her 3t ones are a bit looser (more easier to get on).

so i dont know whether to get a 2t bathing suit or 3t bathing suit or both.

she is quite tall for her age 75 percentile (but since they are tankinis i dont think its important) and small in weight-about 25 pounds right now....

what would you do?
and she turns 3 right in the middle of the summer which also confuses me.

Photobucket
Thanks to Elena from signature showcase for my beautiful siggy!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2010 - 2:41pm
I'd probably go with the 3 sizing as bathing suit can sometimes be tight anyway.
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-20-2010 - 12:00am
3T. It is better too big than too small. I find Daisy needs a bigger size in her bathing suits because she is tall-ish even though she is skinny.
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-20-2010 - 2:19am

the bottoms are ok for her too? last year i got one (from a different place) and the bottoms were ust sooo big she couldnt where them all summer without her private parts totally out. that was 2t but a totally different store and style....

thanks for help!!
it does say on old navy site they tend to run small...

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-20-2010 - 4:43pm

I agree that Old Navy runs smaller, especially the clothes that are a month range instead of an individual size. Their stuff also shrinks some. Daisy has some 3t shirts that are almost too small right now but some other 2t that are ok.

Daisy only wears pants with adjustable waistband or really tight elastic. We usually buy Children's Place jeans because they work well for long legs/skinny body.

Good luck!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 12:19pm
childrens place huh? my dad just bought me a bunch of pajamas there (for baby) ill have to ask him to check out the jeans.
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2010 - 1:53pm
I've discovered that Children's Place, Gap (my MIL has said she found them at Target & Walmart but I haven't) have the adjustable waist band.