Potty Training *urgh*

iVillage Member
Potty Training *urgh*
Fri, 04-09-2010 - 6:43pm
Dylan started to tell us when he had to go potty for number 1. we were using pull ups. since he always told us and the diaper was still dry by the end of the day we got daring and tried it without a diaper. ever since, he just pees intohis pants again. we ask him over and over, he sais he doesn't have to go and starts to pee two seconds later. I was so fed up (we wetted 4 pair of jeans plus underwear and socks) I made him wear a diaper again... And... he tells us again when he has to go, we ask him, he sais yes, he indeet has to go, we ask him se sais no means he really doesn't have to go... I am at a loss right now... I mean, I can't make him wear a diaper forever just because I know he will use the potty once he does... Anyone know what to do???thx

Photobucket

Thanks for my wonderful signature, Terra!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2010 - 6:46pm

put him on the potty every 30 min or so.

and slowly spread it out.

nolan got an m and m every time he went pee on the potty.

good luck.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2010 - 8:51pm
Reporting they need to go is apparently the last stage of potty training- I'm talking years down the line. Audrey did it at first when we started potty training over the summer, then did the same thing you're describing with Dylan. Audrey is on a schedule at school with potty breaks, so we do the same thing here.Have him take potty breaks every hour or so, whether he says he needs to go or not. We also use M&M's as a reward.
siggy
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-10-2010 - 4:00am
My theory is that the underware rub on boys and make it difficult for them to tell if they have tp go or not.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-10-2010 - 8:14pm

I'm not as far along in the potty training process with BB yet, but based on the other posters comments... what about trying underwear in the next size up so it wouldn't be so snug / do they make some that are more like boxers instead of briefs like they do for big boys?

Good luck!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 12:23pm

No advice....just hugs and I understand totally! :-)

We have a hard time with the whole issue of potty too! :-/

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 10:57pm
:: sigh :: I feel for you! This potty training boys thing is for the birds. We got Daley potty trained where he would stay dry all day at home for two solid months, then suddenly he regressed and now has accidents just as often as he goes to the potty. It's weird when they technically know better yet purposefully for whatever reason just don't go to the potty. Daley even fights us when we try to get him to go to the potty, even when he ends up sitting down and pees away. I don't get the train of thought. My best advice is just to hang in there. I bought some cloth training pants because they seem to work just as well as pull ups and I don't have to buy them all the time :) I have no idea how long this will really take.

Julianne

DH Mike since 05/15/2005

DS Daley John 08-07-2007

EDD Ean Michael 06-27-2010

pregnancy calendar

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-18-2010 - 12:21pm
This weekend I have been letting my son go pull-up/undie free. We haven't gone anywhere so he just been running around with a naked butt but for some reason, it's working with the potty training. he doesn't pee on the floor and doesn't tell me he has to go. He will be playing with toys or watching Shrek and all of a sudden he'd just walk to the bathroom, lift the lid and pee. I've noticed when he IS wearing a pullup he pees on himself. weird.