2013 Goals-week 1

iVillage Member
2013 Goals-week 1
Tue, 01-01-2013 - 10:09pm

So-what are your goals for the week (month, year, whatever...) and how are you doing this week?

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-01-2013 - 10:13pm

My biggest goal is to lose 15 (or more) pounds by the end of March.  We are going to Florida for Spring Break (to the beach) and I need to look better than I do now.  I will do this by eating better (starting South Beach on the 2nd as I can't start it on a ski day) and exercising regularly.  I would love to say I am going to exercise daily, but need to give myself a little wiggle room on that-so I'll say 5 days/week. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 12:11am
Goals? To loose weight... like ten to fifteen lbs.... I've never had to before, so this is new to me. I don't even know where to start. I'm doing good this week, tired though. I need to do something about my energy levels which have been nil this past week and have gotten nothing done! How is everyone else?

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 12:12am
hmm that reply got garbled together. and wow is that ever an old siggy I have!

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 9:24am

Hi Tammy-Great to hear from you!  Hope all is going well.  I find that my energy really struggles when I do too much "South Beach" diet and don't get enough carbs, but it is the easiest diet for me to lose weight on, so I suffer.  I usually try to increase my good protein some to see if that helps.  And-the goals don't have to be weight related, it can be drinking water, not spending as much time on the computer, or whatever you are hoping to change this year.  Hope you join us!

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 9:28am
So far day #1 is going pretty well for me. I got up early & walked on the treadmill while watching a show (I had the volume down & read the CC...not my favorite but I can't hear it unless I turn it way up & didn't want to wake the girls). Now I'm eating a veggie souffle that I bought at Costco. It is WONDERFUL! This is their web site-I had the garden veggie 7 pack from Costco. http://www.garden-lites.com/ They have a coupon for them in the coupons that start tomorrow there. Well-off to get my kids ready-actually-Calla only-Lacey is still sleeping & since she doesn't have school today she can sleep longer. Of course she didn't sleep in at all while we were on vacation.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 11:10am
I'm not going to dwell on numbers this year! :) Its going to be a slow go getting back into things this week, so my goals will be small. (I'm in serious need of a grocery trip!) Drink more water, exercise at least 2x between now and Sunday, and start eliminating sugar. Yes, just start. We still have cookies around. They will either be gone or frozen by Sunday. (My company leaves Sunday, so I can set better goals next week.)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 9:23am
Lori-I think those sound like great goals-it needs to be what you want. ......................Day 2 is off to a start here. I got up & walked on the treadmill & now I'm eating my veggie egg breakfast that I made this morning. The girls are both up so I need to get going on helping them. I wasn't very hungry yesterday-so I must be doing things ok.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 9:31am
I did pretty well again yesterday. I had a great time at the pool with the girls & I tried to swim quite a bit-instead of just standing around. I can tell my shoulders got a little exercise yesterday. I didn't get up early to exercise this morning because I showered last night after the pool & didn't want to have to shower again this morning. So I WILL do something this afternoon. Maybe I'll play some serious Just Dance with the girls this afternoon & count that.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 8:56pm

Oh - I didn't realize we had started this thread already!  Durrr.....

I'm not sure yet what all my goals are, but here are a few... 

1)  I wanted to be at goal weight by my 40th birthday (22 days), but that's not likely.  I don't really know what "goal weight" is, either.  I have a number in my head, but it might not be realistic (at all, not just by then). 

2)  I AM running a half marathon in 7 weeks (ugh!).  Must start running again asap.  Clear goal #1.  :)

3)  Eating better.  I think I'm going to try to transition to paleo (mostly) this year.  Or at least try it.  I feel infinitely better when I eat low carb.  And I'm lactose-intolerant, so cutting out dairy makes sense, too.  And I think that equals paleo, when you get down to it.  Definitely more veggies, stop eating out, get some home-cooking done.  And make more of an effort with the kids' food, too!  (We tend to feed them more convenience foods when DH and I are "dieting".)

4)  Exercise goals - um...  I'd like to say 5 days per week, but I might start out slower than that.  3 days running per week for sure!  Try to get some weights in on the other days.

Laura, where are you going in Florida??  (Is this the first I heard of it, or did I forget?)

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 8:58pm
Tammy, have you had your thyroid checked? That's a fairly common reason for unusual weight problems. Good to get checked, anyway - just to know everything is working correctly.

Pages