2013 Goals-week 1

iVillage Member
2013 Goals-week 1
Tue, 01-01-2013 - 10:09pm

So-what are your goals for the week (month, year, whatever...) and how are you doing this week?

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 9:49pm

Hilarie-Those sound like great goals.  My sister & her hubby do mainly paleo & love it, they are also the ones who do CrossFit too.  I think it sounds like a great plan-but I'm not sure I could do it all the time.  I like bread too much.  :)

I rode the bike for 10 minutes & then walked on the treadmill tonight.  I don't really like to exercise after dinner-but that was kind of my only option.  Glad I got it done.  We are going skiing tomorrow.  I really wanted to send the family & I would stay home alone-but that's too hard for now since Lacey is still pretty slow & Calla would be bored spending all day with her sister.  They have no new snow though-so another day of skiing with the girls will be fine-it's easier when the snow isn't great so I'm not dying to do something without them. 

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 10:31pm
Hilarie-I forgot to say also that we're going to Navarre Beach (sp?) for spring break. I think I asked you about it & you said you'd never been & it's pretty far away from you. My parents are going with us & we are just going to stay in that area & hopefully enjoy the ocean. The girls have never been to the real beach & Calla has been talking about it non-stop for the past several years.

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-06-2013 - 10:57am

I feel like I had a good week. (Are weeks through Sunday, just like on the other thread?) I only exercised twice in one day, but I had that neck issue, so that was okay with me. I still haven't officially weighed myself, but I think I'm up about 5 pounds from my low. Darn it. (I gain weight SO easily when I'm eating sugar and such!) But I'm on the right track and have clear goals, so that's a good place to be...

Laura, I think I might remember you mentioning the FL thing now. You're right - it's about 5 hours away from here. It's on the gulf/south coast - I hear the beaches there are wonderful!

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-06-2013 - 4:15pm

Hilarie-Glad you had a good week.  It's always hard to do anything when you don't feel right.  Glad you got into the chiro & got all fixed up too-that's the biggest part of the week probably. 

I forgot to say that I cheated a bit yesterday-I had a beer at lunch with DH.  IT was sooooooo good.  I really do love beer.  But the rest of the day I was good.  And-I got up this morning & lost 2 lbs yesterday.  So that delighed me to no end.  So I'm down 4.5 lbs since I started on Wednesday.  Whoooo hoooO!!!!!  That's why I LOVE the first week of SB to much.  I know it will taper off-but it's always great incentive to start off so quickly.  And-I've had plenty of energy this time-which I didn't have the last time I did SB.  I'm not sure if I'll exercise today or not-think cleaning is going to have to count for me today. 

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-06-2013 - 4:57pm
So my week was just eh. I'm starting modified SBD tomorrow. We went to the store this afternoon and it was the best looking cart of groceries I've gotten in at least 7 months. Between my mom being in Columbus, her being sick here, people here, holidays, etc, I just couldn't do what I need to do. But, I cleaned out the fridge and freezer before we went, got lots of fruits and veggies and very little processed stuff. No pop. No junk in my cart. (My aunt did buy icecream, but its not hard for me to avoid that.) Yesterday my friend asked me if we want to go to Kalahari again (huge indoor water park), so I have that as motivation. (I told her I dont really have the money to go this year since our last NYC payment is due Feb 1st. She said she'd pay for it and I can pay her what I can. But maybe I can make a couple payments...) We're just going for the day this year on a day we have off school---Feb 15th. So I'm going to work hard. I'm still planning on exercising tonight, even though I'm eating terribly today. Oh, and I also have the NYC trip coming up, so I have that to work towards too. I'm tired of being uncomfortable and such. So time to get it in gear.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-06-2013 - 5:49pm
Lori-Glad the shopping trip was so successful! That's wonderful. My cart today was pretty good-but then I had hot chocolate & brownie mix in there too...but those are for the girls. Nothing like knowing you have to wear a swimming suit in public to motive someone. :)

Pages