2013 Goals (Week 3)

iVillage Member
2013 Goals (Week 3)
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 6:59am

I wanted to start this one first so its under the chatter thread.  :)  I know, anal of me....

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 8:21am

Well,  I managed to get in some kind of exercise 6  days last week,  sometimes it was only about 20 minutes,  but that's better than nothing!!   I weighed in this morning and I was down a little over 3 pounds - Yay!!!   Let's hope I can keep with it!

Hilarie,  the before and after pictures were awesome - definitely a noticeable change from last year!!   You look great!   I wish I had the nerve to take the before shot, it just depresses me. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 10:09am
Laura, great job last week! ............................................. Now I have to go look for Hilarie's pics because I missed that somewhere........................ I did pretty well last week (for me). I think I'm going to focus on making healthy choices and using the calorie counter rather than lower carb (although I'm still keeping that thought in mind when making choices). I lost 3 lbs last week. I only exercised 2 days though, so hoping to do better in that area this week! My goal is 4 days.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 10:41am

Great job you guys!  3 lbs in a week is wonderful!  So proud of you both.  I kind of stalled out on things over the weekend-with my health scare thing & so I wasn't sure if it was related to my low carb diet-so I tried to eat more over the weekend to see if that helped me.  But-still down just over 5 lbs since I started & I hope adding in some serious exericse will help.  Started off this morning on a good foot.  HOpe the rest of the week continues. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 11:30am

Yay for the weight loss and getting in exercise. Woohoo - you ladies rock!

I feel like my goal this week is "surviving". Running is hard for me. I'm struggling. :( Today was 4.5 miles. Wed is about the same. Saturday is 6 miles. I'll do all that. I want to NOT run with the kids, because I think it's just too hard on my body to run all those days, but I need them to get out, so we'll see how it goes.

The ladies at the running shop suggested electrolyte tablets (which will require me to carry water - they also suggested water ON my run) and also sugar chews after about an hour. So, I might have to pop some sugar to feel better on my runs. I haven't decided yet for sure. Oh - (I can't remember if I mentioned that my new shoes were causing me some pain) - the ladies also agreed that my shoes are too big (the sales lady insisted I needed to go up half a size, but it's making my foot slide around in the shoe), so they're swapping me for a smaller size tomorrow (had to get it from their other store). So hopefully my shoe situation will be all worked out tomorrow.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 4:56pm
Hilarie-Glad they had some suggestions for you & that's wonderful that they'll exchange the shoes for you too! I love local shops like that-just for the customer service. I wouldn't feel bad at all about running without the girls either. It should be your time-you don't need to drag them along-maybe let them ride bikes with you if you have to take them. Hope it gets better.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 4:57pm
Hilarie-Glad they had some suggestions for you & that's wonderful that they'll exchange the shoes for you too! I love local shops like that-just for the customer service. I wouldn't feel bad at all about running without the girls either. It should be your time-you don't need to drag them along-maybe let them ride bikes with you if you have to take them. Hope it gets better.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 11:09am
How are you all doing today? Ok here-the scale was evil to me this morning-not sure how that happened. I started keeping a food journal & only ate 1525 calories yesterday (and I think I rounded up more than down). I know you can fluctuate over a few days-but it was rotten today. :( But I did a little yoga stretching stuff-I found an app on the iPad that looks really good. About 10 of them are free & once you move beyond that you can buy a few more-so I'll start with the basics & see how I like it. I hope to do a little cardio of some type today too-but not sure if it will happen or not.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 12:41pm
So far so good today, just got back from my walk - considerably cooler than yesterday! Supposed to be 2-4 inches of snow tonight, we'll see what tomorrow brings - maybe a delay?

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 1:20pm
I hope to do NO exercise today, but we'll see. My body needs a day off. Laura, re: the kids - I meant their 5k training. I don't want to run with them (in addition to my own runs) because it's just a little too difficult on my body to run 6x per week (even if 3 are "easy" runs). I might try to walk with the kids, but it will be difficult to convince THEM to run if I'm just walking (even though I walk fast). I wish DH would run with them, but he's not really interested.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 5:31pm

Hilarie-You could ride the bike & they could run.  Sealed  I'm sure they'd love that.  Hope you get a day off. 

Andrea-Hope you don't get too much snow-but nice to know you have somewhere to walk if it gets bad.

I forgot to say that I plan on doing CrossFit on Monday & Wedensday.  I'll add in Friday later when I feel a little better about it.  Right now I don't want to do it on Friday because we ski most Saturdays.  So-I need to be able to do that.  I can get a punch card for $12/class to get in extras anytime I want.  So-not too bad of a deal.  If I find myself going 3 times a week I can just change my membership option & then it's only an extra $30/month & you get a few other perks too. 

Pages