2013 Goals (Week 5)

iVillage Member
2013 Goals (Week 5)
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 7:35am

So how did everyone do this week?

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-03-2013 - 7:33pm

Stupid Superbowl is going to ruin me!  I've eaten just about everything that is bad for me & it's not even 1/2 time.  Can't wait to make the pigs in a blanket to totally destroy all I've done lately....

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-02-2013 - 8:37pm

AWesome work, Laura!!!  Congrats!!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 11:54pm

I did 4 pushups on my toes tonight!!!!  Huge celebration for me!  :)  And-on my squats-my "ultimate" goal is to squat down to a 10" box & I started with a 14" box w/3-1" pads (so 17") and tonight I was squatting to 14"!!!!  That's huge for me.  Just had to share my joy with someone since DH is out of town...thanks for listening.  :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 8:20pm
Hilarie-Great job on the running. Those long runs require carbs-so I wouldn't mess with stuff like that until after your race. Glad you enjoyed it today too!

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 3:25pm
I feel like I can't keep up with two threads. (Yes, I'm silly.) Sorry. I've been working out less than I planned a few weeks ago, but I'm fine with it. I feel like I have to recover from a long run or even long/fast walk (my hips really hurt when I do that). So I recover between each and then I feel really good the next time. So I'm fine with where I'm at. AND I actually felt much happier today (running a LONG run and doing it well really helps the attitude!) - so hopefully that will keep up. My diet sucks, but I feel like I don't want to change it too much (like to total low-carb, like I should), just because it might make the running harder again. So, probably no weight loss the next few weeks, but I'll try to keep the treats down (as they have been UP the past couple weeks during my funk).

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 9:32am
Yep-they do something different every day. You always start with the same warmup (3 sets of 10 pullups, 10 situps, 10 pushups, 10 squats, 10 good mornings & a leg stretch thing) with something else added in (5 minutes of jumping rope or something different). Then the WOD (Workout Of the Day) is something that rotates through. They have probably over 100 different WODs and more are added all the time I think. Some are named after the people who invented them & some are just things to do. They are all a challenge! Right now I'm just learning all of the basics so everything is new to me, but as time passes I should know what everything is & be able to do it with less "help" from the trainer. Glad it's still warm there & hope you are able to get out-we have too much snow/ice right now to walk much outside. It's SLICK in spots. I'm afraid I'd wind up on my rear-but guess that's why I have the chains for my shoes. I've hardly walked since Tess died. :( But I walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes again this morning.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 7:59am
Laura, do they do something different each class? I suppose that keeps you from getting bored! Got in an elliptical workout yesterday after getting home from the dr. Hopefully I'll get a walk in today - it's still pretty warm - although it's supposed to drop through the day.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 8:22pm
Did CrossFit again this morning. We were supposed to do 9 reps of 50 double unders (jumping rope & spinning twice per jump) and 9 cleans (the weight lifting thing). I finished 6 reps of 25 double unders & 9 cleans. It might have been 7, but I lost count, so didn't want to over count my exercises.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-29-2013 - 5:45pm
Andrea-that's great it's so nice after a snow/ice day (earlier when someone typed snow/ice I thought it said snowlice & I was confused with what that was & it made my skin crawl!) I got up & walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes this morning & then shoveled twice & pulled Lacey around the street in the sled for a bit (before the plow went by our house 6 times! 6 times!!!! Insane I tell you).

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-29-2013 - 12:39pm
Laura, That's great that you managed to get in exercise everyday!!!

I took advantage of my bonus time yesterday and managed to get in an elliptical work out. Today it's 40 degrees and sunny so I got in my lunchtime walk.

Pages