Christmas dresses/outfits?

iVillage Member
Christmas dresses/outfits?
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 8:31pm
Do you guys buy new Christmas outfits each year?

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 9:03pm
I do buy fancy Christmas dresses for the girls-BUT I buy them in January & hope that they will fit the next year. Dresses are pretty easy to fit so I've been lucky. Last year I got the girls red velvet dresses at Gymboree in January (maybe it was even Feb) and they were only $12 each. So much better than a full priced outfit. They will each wear black tights & probably a black turtleneck under it & that will just be something old that they have. My question is WHO is the designer that makes sleeveless Christmas dresses to sell in Montana?!??!! Especially for little girls.

-Laura

DD 1/24/05

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 10:06pm

Laura, that is a good question!

I do buy a new outfit every year but it is also worn after Christmas for church clothes. That is pants, shirt, shoes, dress socks and sweater or vest.

Boys are a little easier to dress down, like the button-down shirt with jeans, black pants with a polo, and so on. He also wears it for at least four different occasions over the holidays. They have a holiday program at school, caroling at the retirement center, Christmas pictures and Christmas itself, twice.

I did splurge this year and buy a cheesy Christmas tie with snowmen on it

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 10:30pm
I'm with Wendi.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-20-2009 - 6:17am
This used to be an easy answer for me...the great grandmas would always buy the girls new frilly dresses for Christmas and Easter.

lori010910.jpg picture by lambball

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-20-2009 - 4:44pm

I admit I am one of THOSE people.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-20-2009 - 4:56pm

My mom sews both kids new outfits for Christmas most years. I've bought some stuff too but mainly my mom makes Syd a new nice Christmas themed dress and Dylan a nice shirt.

If I could I would soooooooo buy little sports coats and ties and ridiculously adorable frilly dresses. I love those things. But we barely go to anything that they would need dressy clothes. Pout.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jessjuly2010siggy