iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 1-14-13
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 6:59am

Morning.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 7:03am
Laura, glad you felt better and were able to go skiing. That has to be a scary thing. And we're always here to listen. I hope the early exercise works out for you.................... I forgot to tell you it was spa day here yesterday. Alexis made stuff for facials (she found the recipe on pinterest), and did the girls. I passed when I saw it turned their faces all red. She painted fingernails and my toenails. The littles loved it. Maddy would have enjoyed it more if she would have felt better.............................. Wishing for a delay today but no luck. Doesn't look like its going to happen in the near future. :(
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 8:10am
Morning, We had a nice weekend. Got to the zoo yesterday it was warm, but it's been very foggy here lately. It kept some of the crowds down though. The rain started last night and it's supposed to cool down as the day goes on.

Laura, I tend to work myself into that kind of anxiety sometimes - DH is good at talking me down. It does help to vent once and awhile too! I had a pretty severe bought of it when I lived in ND, severe enough that it started to affect my health. Exercise helped a lot as did the fact that I finally realized I couldn't control everything and sometimes things just don't get done. Feel free to vent here whenever you need it!!

Lori, LOL to spa day making the girls faces red - I would have skipped the facial too!! I have very sensitive skin anyway so I have to be careful about that kind of thing. Bummer to no delay this morning!!

Wendi, did you guys make it to church yesterday - hope T did well!!

Hilarie, I love the idea of the "borrowed dog" sounds like a win win solution for both parties!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 8:19am

Laura, I'm sorry you're having a rough time! I'd agree with stress being a factor and that exercise will definitely help. How nice that the doctor just sat and listened. (I think mine would have yelled at me. Probably not. But I'm afraid of him...) I hope Crossfit goes great today! And that you'll be feeling more relaxed and peaceful. Feel free to talk to us anytime!

Lori, getting the sewing machine out again sounds like a nice idea. LOL to the facial giving everyone redness. What a sweet thing for her to do for everyone, though! Is Maddy feeling better today?

Andrea, the zoo sounds nice. Yay for warmer weather (but not so gorgeous as to get everyone out there)!

I had to wake up the kids this morning. Of course, on weekends, they're up at 6:00. Funny kids...

DH is off today and tomorrow. He said he's thinking about golf. And thinking about hockey (would be the first time either of us played in FL). I think he should think about putting away Christmas decorations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know that the calendar I ordered before Christmas still isn't here?? It's making me very sad to be mid-January without a calendar! Hopefully it will come today.... (MIL and my parents have received theirs already!)

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 9:56am

I think I stayed logged in overnight & turned off the machine!  Could it be true?!?!?! 

Andrea-Glad you got to the zoo & it wasn't too crowded.  I wonder if your not very crowded would be equal to my crowded "standard"? 

Lori-Love the day of beauty that makes you red.  Hope they all recovered pretty quickly from that.  Funny that you hope for delays-I dread them.  :)  Guess that's the difference in you teaching & me just sending them away. 

Hilarie-Hope DH gets his "chores" done for you & has time to have a little fun too. 

My workout this morning wasn't horrible.  The biggest problem is that I was afraid of oversleeping-so I woke up a LOT last night.  I had my alarm set for 5:03am & I woke on my own at 5:01 so it didn't even wake DH.  That was nice not to disturb him too much.  It was a nice workout & I'll be sore tomorrow.  But wasn't anything I really couldn't do-but they "scale" the exercises so everyone is doing a different thing.  I don't think out of the 8 people that were there that any of them were doing quite the same thing.  Another woman started today too-so it was good to have someone else that didn't know what was going on.  However-she was there with her DH so he helped her some.  But it was good-the trainer was great & really helpful.  Well-time to head to the bus. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 10:23am
Andrea, if you're getting our weather, the rain and cold is coming. It was 68* here at one point yesterday, but only 30 this morning. (And that's our high for today) Crazy! Glad the zoo was good............................... Laura, glad the trainer was helpful. I hate when I know I have to get up and it keeps waking me up through the night. I think thats why I dont sleep as well during the week.......................... Hilarie, I cant get the little girls to sleep in on weekends either. Sigh... Maddy is a little better, but not good. I gave her meds and told her to come to school. I go in her class in about 10 minutes, so I'll see how she's doing. I wouldn't cry if I had to go home early, lol...................................... The facial stuff was just honey, cinnamon and nutmeg. I guess it said that cinnamon can sometimes cause a reaction. .....................We're supposed to go to a family friend's for dinner tonight. She wasn't feeling great last week so I told her we could do it another night if she wanted to. So far I haven't heard from her, so I'm guessing its still on. And I didnt get my sewing machine out. I have to clean off the table where I want to put it, (a card table in a corner), and that is going to be a feat. I'm not sure what to do with the stuff on there....
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 12:22pm

Just got back from my walk - it was beautiful!!!  The rain cleared out and it was almost 50 degrees - of course it's supposed to drop tonight.  While I was walking a took a picture for you guys,  when they take the tours through they call it the "million dollar view".  It's a view looking north up the Hudson river,  the mountain on the left (west) side is Storm King ( that's the one I Have to come over every day to work)  on the right (east)  it's Breakneck Ridge.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 1:11pm

Andrea, what an amazing view to get to see every day when you walk! I had to look it up on a map, because I just don't know anything about the geography there.

Laura, yay for a good workout! How long is it? Is it supposed to be about the same length every day, or does it change? Sorry you didn't sleep well. I do that too when I'm worried about oversleeping.

Lori, LOL to not feeling too badly about having to leave early. Well, I hope she's feeling better anyway.

DH is putting away Christmas - finally! :)

I have things on my calendar at 2:00, 3:05 (that one's just the bus), 4:00, 5:30, and 6:00 today. Mondays - sheesh! Allison is skipping cheer today to go to scouts. She'll get her uniform today, and they're supposed to "pin" her (???) at the meeting in 2 weeks, so she'll need to go to that one, too.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 1:12pm
Oh, and I have jog bra tan lines!!! All this 80 degree weather might at least get me some color. I was noticing I was looking a little pasty the other day. :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 2:29pm
DH is asleep in the middle of the family room on the floor - surrounded by boxes of Christmas stuff! LOL - exhausting work!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-14-2013 - 3:21pm
Hilarie, you should have taken a pic, lol! Yikes to your Monday! .......................................... Andrea---that is amazing! I wouldn't mind seeing that view every day..................... Brought Maddy home from school with me. Thats only about 45 minutes early for her. She doesn't have a fever, but she's complaining that her ear hurts. Guess we'll see what tomorrow brings. I think we'll still go for dinner since she doesn't have a fever or anything.
Photobucket

Pages