iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 1-21-13
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 8:22am

Morning.  Happy MLK day.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 9:42am

Good morning, all.  Happy Monday.  At least for those of us who get it off!  :)

Wendi, yay for a fun time at the zoo - and warm!  I can't believe you're having such trouble with your old house.  Bummer.  Is the price too high? I hope it sells quickly or you can get decent renters.

Laura, sounds like you had a really nice weekend.  Isn't that awesome when working out helps you with the things you like to do??

I've had a very depressed/grumpy weekend. PMS.  Ugh.  And I haven't been working out (because I was so sore from the other day - and then just grumpy.  :(

Today Megan is going to a fellow Brownie's birthday party at Pump It Up.  Across town.  So all of us girls will get out.  I figure Allison and I will wander around nearby (mall?  store?) during the party and then we'll head to Old Navy for a return and maybe some other places.  The girls have dance at 4:00, so we'll need to get back for that.

DH switched out about 20 light switches yesterday (ones that popped and cracked when you flicked them).  And installed a new fluorescent light fixture in the kitchen (one of the two old ones didn't work, so we've had 50% light in there for a year or so).  I do hate the fluorescents, but at least it's bright again!  And he started installing the new microwave but didn't finish yet.  Hopefully today he'll get that in.  And maybe even the new dishwasher if all the stars align!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 12:21pm
Hilarie, everything DH did sounds great! Hope the microwave goes in today. Sorry to hear of your rough weekend. Hoping for a better today!

Apparently the zip code our house is in is not selling as well as others around. I'm not sure if it's taxes, location or what, but we're hanging in there. We do lower the price every once in a while. We do still get good traffic considering.

Laura, I think you mentioned this, we haven't even considered changing realtors. I think she was afraid we were going to leave her with our last renewal. We know she's good and really is "selling" our house.

I wish 7 year olds could understand moments of history. :)

So we watched the swearing in and I'm finishing it up. There is so much to do today both at home and at work. I'm not sure which one to go with.

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 6:50pm
Hilarie, I hope you have a new microwave and dishwasher by now. Is pump it up an inflatable place? I think you have talked about it before, but I forgot. "................. Wendi, that's too bad that your zip code isn't selling, that is hard to understand. And it was probably hot when you bought or something like that hu? ................ All is going well here today. The girls had a lot of fun with the two sitters today. I gave them a little extra money because they really had a long day, especially for a first time job. I went to the dentist and got a good review. :) always makes me happy. She said she was so happy she didn't have to get grumpy with me because it had been a morning full of unflossers before me. Now I'm waiting for Calla at dance. I dropped Lacey off at dhs office, so I could have my quiet time. Getting my time alone in the morning really makes for a good day too. I hate to say that I am liking getting up early, I hope that continues. :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 8:26pm

Grrrrrr, I'm so ticked. I had a long post this morning and I see it didnt show up. Sigh...... So tired of all this......

Wendi, sorry about the house problems. I didnt know you were renting it. (maybe I missed that somewhere along the way)

Hilarie, I hope you and Allison had fun together today. Yay for dh getting so much done!

Laura, glad you're enjoying getting up early. I dread it. Seriously, if I could get up at 7 every day, I think I'd be a much better/happier person.

We went swimming this morning. The neighboring town has an RV campground that has an indoor swimming pool. Its only $12.75 for a family pass. Was fun. Seriously hoping for a delay tomorrow (at the least). I dont think we're supposed to get much snow, but we're under a windchill advisory until Weds at 11. Its fridgin'!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 8:28pm
(I forgot to mention the kids have their pjs on inside out in hopes of no school, lol) And----I'm SO sad. My brother is moving. I'm really not surprised, but I'm heartbroken. He's moving to Massachusetts of all places. For a job. Guess that will be our vacation destination this summer...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 7:07am
Grrrrrr, I'm miffed! NOT even a delay! Its -10 with the wind chill. At least give it a couple hours to warm up just a little. They want my kids waiting out for the bus in this. If I let them stand in the house until we see the bus, then run out, they get yelled at for holding up traffic. I'm NOT having them stand outside in this! Grrrrrrr. Have a nice day. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 8:18am
Morning, We had a nice weekend, the kids had fun at the museums and the hotel pool. Now we have the cold weather!! I don't think it's quite as cold as you have though Lori!

Lori, I don't blame you for having the girls wait inside. I'm sure the other parents will be doing that too!!

Wendi, sorry about the house woes. Maybe the spring will speed up the showings.

Laura, Glad the girls had fun with the sitter yesterday. Yay to a good dentist report! I am pretty religious about flossing and they always comment on it when I go.

Hilarie, Yay to the microwave - hopefully the dishwasher will soon follow!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 9:24am

Good morning. Yay for it being Tuesday already! :)

Megan is off to a museum this morning with girl scouts (which required me getting ready-ish and out of here first thing). Allison is hanging with me while I try to work. We'll see how that goes. She has already asked for help with two game apps and toast. And I've only been sitting here about 30 minutes!

Lori, that's cool that you have an indoor pool to use in winter - sounds fun! Sorry about no school delay. That's so cold! I don't know that I've ever even felt it that cold out! Sorry about your brother. Why Boston? Did he get a job offer?

Andrea, glad your weekend was fun. Sounds nice!

Wendi, that is weird that your zip code sells worse. Is it because of the schools or something? How frustrating!

Laura, yay for a good dentist report. I'm bad at flossing. But good at brushing at least. :)

I'm trying to focus on work this morning so I can be more available when Megan gets home (lunch-ish). We'll see how that goes...

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 9:25am
Oh, and the microwave did get installed, after a good deal of cursing. It didn't go as smoothly as planned, I guess. It looks nice to finally have a stainless microwave, BUT the clock lights are bright BLUE. So weird.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 9:25am

So-was I the only one who had to work yesterday?  :( 

Lori-Burrrr!  Hope the kids stay warm today. 

Andrea-Glad you had a fun weekend.  Have you always been a good flosser-even as a kid?  I didn't start until I was about 30-when the Glide floss came out.  My teeth are soooo close together it hurts to use the regular kind.  Even when they did it yesterday with the old floss it hurt so much more than it does when I do it at home with the good stuff.  My girls have really tight teeth too-so I'm hoping I can convince them to floss with the good stuff & not get started off poorly like I did. 

Ouch!  My butt hurts!  Ohhhh-the workout yesterday was really tough & I am sure feeling it today.  I got up & rode the bike & walked on the treadmill-but I'm still tight & in a slight bit of pain.  This is the worst I've felt since I started.  But that's good-means I'm doing something-right?  They are having a CrossFit dinner at a local place on Saturday night this weekend.  Not sure if this is normal or not-but they have a big sign-up sheet in the gym for it.  Says families are more than welcome.  Unfortunately we'll be off playing for Calla's birthday.  I can't believe she'll be 8 in 2 days!  :)  She does seem really grown up all of a sudden-almost like it was silly to have a sitter here for her yesterday-but Lacey needed one.  I'm struggling with what to do this summer...I'm kind of thikning that I could just get 1 sitter for the two of them & let them stay home together all summer-but I know they'll get tired of that & start to bicker & fight.  Guess I have a few months to figure that out.  :) 

Pages