iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 1-21-13
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 8:22am

Morning.  Happy MLK day.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-26-2013 - 2:01pm

Lori, that's so sweet that your little girls made you breakfast in bed! How thoughtful of them!!! Sorry your dad/aunt aren't coming this weekend, but it sounds like you have a nice day planned with your girls. And yay for Sunday dinners starting back up. When is your brother moving?

Laura, have a great time skiing! Sorry about all the extra laundry!

Lori, you know, I feel our front-loaders do "okay" with laundry, but I think when we buy a washer/dryer again, I'd prefer to go back to a top-loader. I loved my last washer and miss it so much!

Well, I'm 40. Or so they tell me... :) My mom sent gifts - very sweet. A box of 4 truffles from a local (Portland, OR) shop. YUM. ($9 for that box - so spendy!!!!) And she sent me a really nice necklace (about $100?? I looked it up because I was curious about how bad I should feel for not liking it much...). It's a charm-style, but just hung as a pendant. So there are 5 "things" hanging off one point of the necklace. A heart engraved with my name, a cubic zirconia(?) heart outline in front of that, my birth stone, and two little sparkly "girls" - one with an M and one with an A. Now it's cute, and really special and personal. BUT it's not my style of something that I wear. Hmmm.... I feel bad, so I'm wearing it today. Also, the chain is LONG (like belly-button length), so it bangs on everything. I could always put it on a shorter chain.

DH called to see if I wanted him to leave work early (they're slow), but I guess he didn't, since I haven't heard from him and his original work shift ends in 7 minutes. I didn't care if he came home early or not - I just left it up to him. (We don't have plans.) The girls have been whiney today. We'll go out to my favorite Mexican place for dinner, and I put in a request for Baskin Robbins ice cream, BUT - we haven't had that since we've lived in FL. There are only a couple of shops locally, and they're not generally convenient. So, we'll see if he pulls that off. :)

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-26-2013 - 10:09am

Morning.

Laura, have fun today. Sorry about all the laundry. I think that will be me today. I did 2-3 loads yesterday (using washer upstairs AND downstairs), and will do the same today---mostly towels and bedding. I think I'll only wash the towels downstairs anymore. I just dont feel like they get clean in my front loading machine, and I like them to be in a washer FULL of water. I know, random.

Well, my dad isn't coming. They're supposed to get an ice storm tomorrow. I'm ok with this actually. The girls and I are going to go to town after lunch. Brenna needs to exchange her headphones and Alexis wants to get origami paper. Then we all have gift cards for Wendy's, so we'll go there for dinner. Tomorrow after church we'll go to my aunt's for dinner. We haven't done a Sunday dinner since well before my mom died. Will be nice to do that again. Plus, I think my brother should be here, so that will be nice too.

I did terribly on the goals this week. I think its all part of the depression. I dont feel like doing *anything*. I have to drag myself out to do the dishes, or to make dinner. Brenna and I are going to do the 30 day shred starting tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully she can keep me motivated (Brenna, not Jillian, lol).

Oh, and my lovely littles made me breakfast in bed this morning. I had a bacon and cheese quesadilla (sp???), fruit salad and orange juice. They did it with no help from the girls.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-25-2013 - 10:09pm
Hi all-Crazy busy day here today. Sounds like you all are doing ok. Andrea-hope you didn't have to stay late. Lori-Have fun with the relatives. Hilarie-Glad the dw worked for you. We're getting ready to ski tomorrow & I am still trying to do laundry. I found some ski clothes got shoved into a bag when we got home last week & didn't get washed (and my shirt smelled bad-it was really hot last weekend) so I had to do a 4th load today. Ugh. I hate doing 3 loads in a day-but the 4th one nearly kills me. Have a great weekend all-I'll check back in on Sunday night.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-25-2013 - 4:37pm

Fridays are just crazy! Plus, it snowed a lot so we were hoping to go home early, but no such luck.

Hilarie, glad the project went well. Looks good! Yay for the dishwasher getting installed!

Andrea, ugh! That really stinks that he'd wait til the last minute, and then use your time to get it done.

I'm ready to go to bed. Yep, its 4:30. I'm tired. I need to clean up the house first. My dad is coming tomorrow (and great aunt). This time my step mom is coming too. At least we get lunch out on Sunday. ;)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-25-2013 - 3:23pm

Andrea, I hope you didn't have to stay late! Sorry the guy waited until the last minute and then made it YOUR problem. :(

The dishwasher is getting installed now. Woohoo! I actually cheated and ran a load today (since the "test" load worked fine) - just put a towel down to catch the drips. Nice to get my counters cleaned off anyway.

The weekend has started. Maybe DH will take Allison to cheerleading (game) tonight and I can have a little time off. We'll see...

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-25-2013 - 12:28pm
Okay just a few minutes to vent, every month I have to reconcile and approve my credit card for work - then hand it over to my supervisor for final approval. Well, due to changes in personnel, and delays in training etc, my direct supervisor has yet to complete a final approval - the alternate has been doing it. Anyway, I finished my part Tuesday morning and my supervisor has 3 days from then to complete his part - he still hasn't done it and wants me to sit with him at 2:00 this afternoon to go through it with him - I have no clue what his part entails and nothing like leaving it til the last minute!!!! On top of that he asked me if I plan on leaving at 3 today - um isn't that when I always leave? (He was conveniently in my office when parents called to tell me they would be here in time to get Phoebe off the bus this afternoon.) I don't mind staying a few minute slate, but it is Friday after all - who wants to stay late Friday?

I feel better now!!

Hilarie, the project looks great! I'm glad it went better than expected.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-25-2013 - 8:20am

Andrea, glad you survived.  Sounds like a busy/long day! 

A picture of the girls with Megan's project.  The blank space in the corner is where she says her report will be attached.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-25-2013 - 7:33am
Morning, I survived yesterday - I don't think I had a break until after 7 last night. Needless to say I was exhausted and in bed early. Everyone slept well last night though so I feel much better this morning. On top of that it's FRIDAY!!!! So how bad can it be??

Laura, LOL to not liking your new 8 year old!! We get a day like that every once and awhile too! Hopefully today will be better.

Lori, Don't worry about the tears, it's only been a few months. I still cry sometimes when I think about my best friend and she died 15 years ago!! Mostly when I think about things she never got to experience because she died too young.

Hilarie, Sounds like the project worked out okay - even with the short notice. Too bad about the dishwasher, but at least it will be ready soon!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 10:10pm
Oh, and no, the dishwasher isn't "done". DH connected everything and ran a test cycle (empty). There was slight dripping on the front where the water hose runs IN. But he said it's really difficult to reach to tighten, so he didn't get back to it tonight (he has to get up before 4:00am, so it was an early night). Theoretically I could fill/run it (because it ran once already with little leakage), but I'll probably just leave the dishes piled one more day...

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 10:05pm
Sorry, Lori - I guess I didn't refresh after you posted. Yes, tears are normal and to be expected. I don't think I cry about my step-dad very often anymore, but I still do sometimes. Over 7 years later. And we weren't anywhere near as close as you were to your mom. Loss is just plain hard...as is change...

Pages