Daily Chatter 1-21-13

iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 1-21-13
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 8:22am

Morning.  Happy MLK day.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 9:57am

Hilarie-Why don't the girls have school today?  I'm sure you told us before-but I don't remember.  Glad the microwave is in-they are always harder than they should be! 

Lori-I forgot to comment on DB moving.  :(  Sorry.  But-like you said at least you'll have an excuse to go visit.  I've always wanted to go back to that part of the country-the history of the area is just amazing.  Someday... 

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 10:01am
Hilarie, Don't your kids have school today? Our new microwave has blue lights too - actually it has an energy saver mode where we can turn the clock off if we choose. What museum is Megan off to?

Laura, I'm the same as you - I didn't start flossing regularly until they came out with glide - I have a quite a few teeth I can't get the other stuff between without it shredding. I agree I can't believe our kids are turning 8!!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 10:41am

Today is a teacher "planning" day or something like that. The older schools have report cards tomorrow, but the elementary sent them home last week. DH had today and tomorrow off, but they changed his schedule on Friday (did I mention that?). He officially now has Sundays and Mondays off every week (yay!), but they started it with two days' notice, so we ended up with no child care today. D'oh!

I'm the same with the tight teeth - and I use Glide, too! How funny!

Megan is going to a local art museum. I've never been, but I don't think it's huge. Jacksonville isn't known for "the arts", I don't think. :)

Laura, "yay" for being sore! Must have been a good workout! Hopefully you won't be too sore for too long!

Well, one call down. And I got a big "you need to get this done today" project. And another call at noon. Hopefully I can pull this all off...

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2013 - 10:19pm
Lori, what a bummer to the weather! I can't believe the kids get yelled at for holding up traffic. Does the bus driver yell or the drivers of other cars?

Andrea, yay for a nice weekend! Seriously, Lori is colder than you?

Hilarie, are your girls still off school? I think taxes are high in our zip code, but part of the problem is there are so many subdivisions in the whole area (nine counties), you can buy a new construction house for the same price. That just doesn't help at all. Oh, yeah, aren't blue appliance lights weird?!

This is about as far as I've gotten. So much going on! Hope to catch up tomorrow!

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 8:30am

Wendi, the part about new houses being about as much as the existing ones makes sense. It's actually part of why we didn't buy in the "new" neighborhood here (even though the houses were oh-so-pretty!). We figured if we had to sell in a couple of years, we wanted it to be easier to sell. Where we bought, the homes are older (late 90s - mid 2000's), so our home should sell just fine - whenever we're ready. Fingers crossed anyway... :)

Well, we all survived yesterday, with me working and the kids home. Whew. And now they're finally back at school!

Lori, you asked how cold it was here when I said the heat was on again. It's still low 60s during the day, but it was freezing overnight. So it's okay to have the heat on. :)

Work work work today. And a 6-mile run, if I can manage. I had to wait for it to warm up. 30s are just a little too chilly for me (although it would probably feel really good, once I got going). So maybe I'll go run on an early "lunch" break or something.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 9:30am

Morning all!

Hilarie-Hope you get lots of work done today & that the 6 mile run is good.  I'm pretty sure that would kill me.  :)

Lori-Is it warmer there today?  Hope so. 

We had a PTA meeting last night for the Sock Hop.  The chairman asked everyone to call 3 companies to ask for donations for the auction.  That will help me a ton.  So about 15 places will get called by someone other than me!  :)  So-things are chugging along.  Just a work day today & I have to bake the cupcakes for school tomorrow.  Calla wants to help frost them tonight-so I'll try to do them at noon or something like that.  My exercise this morning was pretty brutal & I'm just tired right now-hope my burst of energy comes back soon! 

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 9:35am
Morning, It's cold!!! The wind chills are about 10-15 below, the actual temp is only 9 degrees right now - I don't think we're supposed to get out of the teens today. We'll see how long I last for my walk - I did bring some lined pants to wear and I have my warm jacket and hat/mittens. I think it just depends on the wind.

Hi Wendi!

Hilarie, Good luck on the run today - will this be your first big run recently? At least it's not hot like last week.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 12:05pm
Well, I made it through a 20 minute walk. It was cold, but not unbearable - I think it was worse last week when it was windy.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 1:31pm
Excuse me while I blab on for a few minutes.... :) No, I haven't ran for a while. Bad weekend/PMS/etc. My last long run was on the 12th - just over 5 miles. But I probably walked half of it. It was BRUTAL. So hard. (Of course, also 70 at night and humid.) I did a hard 4.5 mile walk last Thursday and was really sore from that. Well, today, I went 6.7 miles, including warm-up and cool-down. So I ran almost exactly 6 miles. AND I RAN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (There are not enough exclamation points to express my glee at that!) No seriously. No walking. At all. I did have to stretch my ankles/knees a handful of times. And once had to stop to fix my shoe/sock painfulness. But no actual walking. I ran that 6 miles!!!!!!!!!!!! (I've never ran that far in my life. And I don't think I've ever ran more than 3 miles - TOPS - in a row without walking before.) I have to say, I think the humidity has been holding me back. Today, it's 28% humidity (and about 60 degrees) - and it's heavenly! Hopefully the humidity will stay lower so I can keep training!!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 1:58pm
Hilarie - WooHoo to going the full 6 miles straight!!! That's awesome. I know I could never do it. At least now you know you'll have to try and save the longer/more intense workouts for lower humidity days.