Daily Chatter 1-21-13

iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 1-21-13
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 8:22am

Morning.  Happy MLK day.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 2:42pm

Laura, yay for help with calling companies for donations! At least you won't have to do it all! Interesting that you're allowed to make treats. (Do we have this conversation every year??) We have to send store-bought, unopened treats, with ingredients clearly listed. At least I think that's the rule here. I guess I'll find out again in a couple of weeks! Is Calla going to have a "friend" party or do anything like that?

What are the rest of your kids planning to do for birthdays? Anything?

Andrea, glad you survived your walk. BRRRR!!!!! Does the chill make you walk faster??

I haven't gotten much of anything done at work today. Checked/replied to emails, made one change. Blah. I have a call in 20 minutes ($**$#& early out day, so the kids are already home), and I have to promote something tonight once everyone's out of the database. At least that's something...

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 2:55pm
Hilarie - yes I tend to walk a bit faster when it's cold!!! Not sure what we're doing for Phoebe's birthday yet - I think we have a place, but I haven't called to see if it's booked yet. If not it may just be at the house. We are allowed to bring in treats we just have to make sure there are no nuts and they are prepared in nut free containers. There is one kid with an allergy in the class so they actually suggest sending in fruit or something like that instead.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 3:36pm

Hi all. Just too disgusted with the board to post more. :(

I go to the dentist here in a few weeks. I only floss on rare occasions. I know, bad me!

Hilarie, hope you got lots done today. Yay for a super run! And we make things to take in for b-days and bake sales. I think its a rare thing anymore.

Laura, yay for getting help with the auction. Did you get some energy back?

Andrea, I dont know that I could walk in this weather. It seriously hurts my nose, and I just cant wear a scarf or something over my nose/mouth.

Hi Wendi. I hope things pick up and you can get your house sold!

Yes, my brother is moving for a job. A guy he worked for in New Orleans moved to MA to start a business, and he's going to work with him. I was REALLY depressed about things last night when I went to bed. There may have been a few tears shed. Sigh.... Someday I hope to feel better.

Its in the teens here today. Was -11 with windchill this morning when we went to school. No delay. And its the bus driver that used to scold the girls for not being outside. (New bus driver now though. She's pretty much here at EXACTLY the same time every day, so we've been pretty good about getting out there just as she pulls up. (She comes from a direction that have no windows to watch for her))

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 8:17pm
Megan's teacher sent home a note TODAY indicating that they (every person in class - as confirmed by another mother who texted me, angry) have to put together a visual display on posterboard DUE FRIDAY. Um - isn't that fairly unreasonable? It took until after 7:30 tonight for us to get the posterboard (had to go to two stores). So now we only have one night to work on it. Good thing Megan doesn't have scouts tomorrow (every other Thurs.), or we'd be screwed! Crazy teacher...

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 7:25am
Morning,

Yikes to the short notice Hilarie! I would be a little upset - I certainly don't have posterboard around the house so that would mean a trip to buy the supplies on top of the time to do the project. Why didn't they send it home before the long weekend?

I'm hoping today goes by quick - Phoebe had trouble getting to sleep last night and then Harry didn't sleep well either - I swear I was up every half hour until about 12:30 when I finally brought him into our bed (which I hate doing!) after that he slept fine, but I moved to the couch.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 9:33am

Happy Birthday Calla!  Laughing Her "party" this weekend is her best friend (the next door neighbor) going with us on our ski trip.  We'll ski on Saturday, stay at a motel with a pool that night & then ski again on Sunday before coming home.  She said she didn't want a big party this year so this was a perfect solution (we hope). 

Andrea-hope today isn't too painful.  That's rotten to sleep like that-especially when you get up so early. 

Hilarie-I'd be completely annoyed.  Hopefully it's not too bad. 

Lori-Sorry you are so frustrated with the board.  I was bummed that it no longer keeps me logged in or goes to the last post again.  Why do they fix things & then they go away again?  Sigh. 

No big plans for today.  Just taking cupcakes into school.  I would LOVE to do a little kitchen organization.  I need to remove a few things I never use-but I don't know where to put them-things that I want to keep-but use once a year-like the apple peeler/corer thing.  I wish I had a big pantry!  We might also go out to the Humane Society.  I've been avoiding it out there...so afraid I'll fall in love with someone.  But-they are donating a dog training class for the auction & some dog goodies.  They said they'd donate a free adult dog or cat adoption-but I thought some parents might hate me if their kids are running around begging for a dog or cat all night.  And I need to drop of Tess' leftover food & treats.  Cry  They have a food pantry for pets so you can donate leftovers for that. 

Well-I'd better go stop the Birthday girl from playing with her new toys & make her get dressed. 

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 10:55am

Happy birthday to Calla!!!! Laura, how did you make the smiley (well, the cry-y)?? I thought they didn't have those on the boards anymore! The birthday weekend sounds awesome! So will you go somewhere farther than your usual ski hill if you're staying the night? Good luck at the humane society. I'm still in love with the dog we found there over the weekend. Only thing keeping me away is that she had two holds on her, so I'm sure she's gone or will be soon!

Andrea, bummer about the awful night's sleep! I hope you all survive today and that you can all get to bed early tonight!

I'm tired. And sore EVERYWHERE from my run yesterday. Shoulders, feet, knees feel like they're as swollen as can be, etc. Ugh.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 10:57am

Let's see if this works.  Here's the adorable dog I want.  (Although I think this picture is old - like from the first time they adopted her out - she's 5 months old but looks much younger in this photo.)

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 12:26pm
Oh - AND - our dishwasher was *almost* installed last night. I know - almost. But, really - DH had it all hooked up and ready to slide into place, but a clip came off when we tried. (Good thing it came off then and not when the dishwasher was turned on!!) He just has to buy a smaller clamp today and then it will be IN. Woohoo! (Better be today, because my dishes are piling up on the counters. And he left the old microwave on the counter, so I'm running out of free counter space!)

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 3:47pm
Hilarie-If you do the full reply there are some emoticons you can still use-but not a ton of them. Yippie for the almost dishwasher! :) Very cute doggie too! Ohhhhh-once I meet them I can't leave them... We will just go to the normal ski hill-but since we'll spend the night we'll ski 2 days instead of just 1. And the place has a little pool so we can play there too.