Daily Chatter 1-28-2013

iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 1-28-2013
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 7:11am

Morning everyone - Last week of January!!!

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 7:21am

So we had a nice weekend,  my parents were here so the kids had lots of grandparent time.  DH and I managed to get a few extra things done around the house since we had extra people around to occupy kids.

Well I ended up staying an extra half hour on Friday - I just hope i don't have to "hold his hand"  every month.  There's nothing more frustrating than going through something once yourself only have to repeat the whole process with someone else later!  I'm thinking I may take that half hour today and leave a little early - we are supposed to get sleet and ice starting around lunchtime.  Yuck!!!

Laura,  how was the ski party?  hope you had a great time!!

Hilarie,   Happy Birthday!!!  40's not so bad,  although I did have  harder time with that than 30.   Hope you got your Baskin Robbins - we don't have one anywhere near here.

Lori,  Sorry your Dad couldn't make it - is your Aunt still at your house?

Hi Wendi - I'm guessing you're reading! 

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 8:05am

Happy Monday. UGH.

DH went to a B&R but they didn't have my flavor. After dinner we all went to a different B&R, still no luck. There was a Maggie Moo's a few doors down (like Cold Stone), so we went there instead. It was still good, and I appreciated that DH really tried, at least.

Yesterday we all did NOTHING. Sat around. Read (me). Played video games (everyone else). What a lovely day. Feels a little wasteful, but it was nice. We did make it to church and did a bit of grocery shopping first, but the rest of the day we were all slugs.

Andrea, glad you had a nice weekend with the grandparents and were able to get some things done! Sorry about having to stay late on Friday - frustrating!!!

Another busy Monday. The girls' last dance class is today (starting gymnastics tomorrow). Allison has to miss cheerleading tonight to go to Daisies and get "pinned" (? - her investiture or something like that??). All the usual craziness...

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 9:07am

Morning.

Andrea, be prepared. We're on a 2 hour delay due to ice. (yay!) I'm only going in an hour late though. I dont want to miss 2 hours of pay. Glad you guys had a nice weekend.

Hilarie, sometimes slug days are nice. We did that last weekend.

Since no one came this weekend (no, my aunt is not here), we went "window" shopping. We went to a few stores and mostly just looked around. The girls got gift cards to Wendys for Christmas, so we went there for dinner. We had a good time. Yesterday was church and lunch at my aunt's. Then we went to see my grandpa. Then home.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 9:22am

Happy (late) Birthday Hilarie!!!!  What kind of ice cream do you love that you couldn't find?  I'm jealous of your lazy day.  I need one of those! 

Andrea-Sounds like a fun time with the grandparents around.  Hope you get to leave early today too. Hope the ice isn't bad.

Lori-Glad you had a good weekend-even if it was quieter than usual.  I hope you are feeling ok.  Could you talk to your minster or someone?  I know it's hard to talk about things-but it's really good to get them out.  And-if you need anything you know we're always here to listen.  Hugs to you.

Our weekend was good.  The girls had fun skiing & the pool was ok.  I had reserved a suite so there would be room for the 5 of us to sleep-but they gave away our room & offered us 2 rooms instead-but since the girls aren't old enough to stay alone I wasn't sure what we were going to do.  Then I called my niece who lives about 30 minutes away-but works in that town & asked if she'd like to come spend the night with the big girls in one room while DH & I stayed next door with Lacey.  She was all for it-so I got to hang with her & we all had fun.  However-it is hard to travel with other people (not family).  The friend was really pretty sick & probably shouldn't have come at all.  I probably would have kept Calla home if it were my child-but...  she coughed a lot & hardly ate all weekend.  (Other than fudge & cookies)  She also just got an iPod touch with her Christmas money & spent soooo much time on that.  I felt bad for Calla-because Calla said she didn't want to take her tablet because she wanted to play with her friend.  But her friend texted her parents a ton & just did a lot of stuff on the touch.  Yesterday in the car, Calla read an entire book while her friend played on the touch.  I don't know if I should say something to the mom or not-you know-it was just pretty rude & I'd hate for her to grow up thinking that is an ok way to behave.  I finally made her put it away when we were eating dinner...  Got up & exercised this monring & am back to the real world.  Lacey doesn't have school today (random work day) so the home-schooled sitter is coming. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 9:56am
Well, Phoebe's getting dismissed at 12:15 so I'll be heading home at lunch whether or not they decide to do anything here at work. I'll pick up Harry on the way and at least the 3 of us will be home for the afternoon, I hope DH gets to leave early, I don't want him driving home in nasty weather.

Laura, I would have been a little annoyed bringing along a sick kid - especially when it's over night. A couple of hours at a party is one thing, but for that long it's asking a lot!! I think I would have said something about the i touch too - in the car it's not quite such a big deal, but - the rest of the time isn't the whole point to spend time with each other?

Lori, Ya y to the delay - did you get a little extra sleep or did they decide too late?

Hilarie, Sorry about the ice cream - at least you got a substitute and it sounds like your DH tried!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 10:15am
WooHoo - they're letting us go at 10:30!!! That means we'll all be home safe and sound before it gets nasty!!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 10:28am

Andrea, I'm glad Phoebe's early release will get 3 of you home early at least. I hope DH doesn't have to deal with bad weather on his drive!

Laura, my favorite ice cream is B&R Chocolate Mousse Royale. YUMMMMMMMY. Sorry the other girl didn't quite work out like you hoped. It's hard to know what to do about other people's kids. I guess at the time I'd have maybe asked her to put it away and spend more time with Calla. Or to share it so they could do something together. It sure is annoying that they sent a sick kid, too!!!

Lori, sounds like a decent weekend. Glad you could have a nice time with the girls, anyway.

Went for a walk this morning (90% humidity, so I decided not to run). Sweated like a pig. And it's supposed to be in the 80s the next few days. Where is winter????

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 11:25am

Laura, glad you found a solution to your rooming problem. The whole friend story is just crazy---that they'd send her sick, and that its ok to spend so much time on the ipod. I know Maddy would be the same way with my Kindle if I'd let her. But I dont. One day over Christmas break my friend came over with her 2 daughters, and they brought their new tablets. Thats all they wanted to do. Kinda defeats the purpose of having friends over....

Andrea, yay for early dismissal! The back roads around here are still not nice.

Ugh Hilarie to all the humidity! I saw Serena posted a forecast and its only supposed to be in the 60s by Weds or Thurs. Hang in there! :)

I called to make Alexis an appointment for her feet. We got referred before Christmas but I could never get through. Finally I did today. The thing is, they dont have a full time podiatrist yet...someone only comes on Mondays until the full time one starts. So we'd have to wait until April, or go to the county north of us. So we're going there next week. Sometimes its a pain living in the boonies, lol. (But this is a local branch of the Cleveland Clinic....) When I get home I have to call to downgrade cable. I really need another job...

And I'm eating lunch. Seems weird to come to school to do a couple things and then eat right away, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 4:15pm
So we took full advantage of our bonus afternoon. I managed to make some turkey soup to bring for lunches this week. I got in a workout and have chocolate chip cookies in the oven. The house smells wonderful!! Bets of all it's just now about the time I normally get home!! Plus added bonus DH is here too!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-29-2013 - 8:37am

Andrea, that sounds like an amazing afternoon! Sheesh - I'd have just sat on my rear end and relaxed. :) Are you at work/school today, or is there too much snow/ice?

Lori, what's wrong with Alexis' feet? Plantar fasciitis or something like that? I hope she can get it figured out. Foot pain sucks. (I've had plantar fasciitis since I was 17, so I know!)

I still don't have my work thing done that was scheduled to be done last Friday. It's *thisclose*. So hopefully I can finish it this morning. Then maybe relax a bit!

Pages