Daily Chatter 1-7-13

iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 1-7-13
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 6:53am

Morning.  Back to school, back to starting the thread.  ;)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 7:12am
Morning, Phoebe had her first brownie meeting of the new year last night - she was pretty excited to get her first couple of badges. Of course now I need to get them on her vest. Otherwise it was a quiet evening.

Laura that picture is pretty cool - it must have been nice fresh snow to make such a clear imprint!!

Lori, the bald eagle was pretty impressive - they nest along the Hudson and I've seen them at a distance before but never quite that close - he circled for quite a while.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 8:17am

Good morning! I got busy yesterday and only found time to read here but not reply.

Lori, hooray for the Kindle - and for it arriving so quickly!!! Glad it seems to have worked out with your debit card, too! I can't believe Alexis is turning 16! (That sounds random, but I didn't reply to your post on Sunday.)

Laura, LOL to not wanting to organize the family bowling league. Sounds like fun! My kids have still never been bowling. Someday we need to go! And that bird print in the snow was really cool, too!

Andrea, love the bald eagle pictures. What fun to see that on your daily walk! (Looks like beautiful weather, too!) I saw one a few weeks ago, but I was driving so I couldn't get a picture or even stop to get a better look.

Work got crazy yesterday. Plus, then kids got home, we had dance and cheer (and then I had to work more later). Whew! I hope today is more peaceful at work, although I do have a big enough to-do list!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 8:18am
Oh, and how do you know where to sew on badges? Does anyone know? We have a pile of them that I need to attach, but I'm not sure if there's a correct placement for them...

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 8:27am
Hilarie, Go to the girl scout website: http://www.girlscouts.org/program/basics/for_volunteers/where_to_place/

Glad you survived your hectic Monday - is the rest of the week easier?

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 8:51am
Is it bad that I'm glad my girls never wanted to do girl scouts? It is not big around here at. all. But yay for the girls getting their patches!............................. Hilarie, I hope today is a little less hectic for you.................... Cant wait til I get home from school. My kindle is at the UPS center in the town north of here, so its just a matter of what time they'll deliver it. (We have 3 times usually..... around 10, between 1 and 2, or around 6p)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 10:03am

Lori, will they leave it even if you're not home?

I *think* things will be calmer today. Depends on if someone has some deadline I don't know about yet that requires me to program something for them. :)

Thanks for the GS link. Although, there's only room for a few badges. (Journey awards go above those. How do I know how much room to leave???) Do badges just spill onto the back then? I should have looked at someone else's sash last meeting - someone probably put the new badges on in a more timely manner.

Just went to the DMV and to ask about the property tax issue. Turns out the mortgage company forgot to add in our CDD fees and garbage, etc. - to the tune of $900-ish. So now I have to make up TWO years of that (last year was short, plus I have to pay it for this year). Which means my monthly mortgage bill is now $150 higher. UGH. I'm trying so hard to get our finances under control and this happens??? :(

In better news, I drove there, went to DMV and appraisals and was home in 45 minutes. I LOVE our government offices here - they're so lovely compared to other places I've been to!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 12:33pm
Isn't it wonderful when DMV visits go so smooth? The last time I went it was like that - I couldn't believe it!!

Phoebe has a vest so she has quite a bit of space - do your girls have sashes instead?

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 12:43pm
Megan has a sash. Allison will have a "smock" as a Daisy - when she gets it (looks like a painting apron) - so she'll have more room than Megan does.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 2:43pm
I just tried to sign up for a Dirty Girl (mud/obstacle) race on my birthday - with a team from around here - and it was cancelled! Just today! Shoot. I thought that would be a fun thing to do on my birthday. :) I need to convince the kids to run (c25k) again today. Hopefully it won't rain. It sure looks iffy right now!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 2:45pm
Oh, and it's supposed to be mid-70s here for the next week, up to 80 on Saturday! Crazy, right???