Daily Chatter 1-7-13

iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 1-7-13
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 6:53am

Morning.  Back to school, back to starting the thread.  ;)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 4:11pm
Yes, they would just leave it. My aunt is still here (did I mention that?), and she heard the truck, but he just brought it up and set it on the table outside, didn't even knock. Sigh.... But its here and I cant wait to have time to sit down and play with it later. :) ..................................Hilarie, we're supposed to get up to almost 60 on Saturday, so yeah, crazy! How are the kids liking running? Seems like your mortgage company should help make up some of that difference or something if it was their mistake! ....................... The bf and his brother are coming after play practice again tonight. Guess I'll feed them again too. (The brother will go back for pep band and the bf will stay here) Guess thats what happens when the kids get bfs... we add another to the family, lol.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 5:45pm

Lori-Glad your new toy is there & hope you love it.  Funny about the bf being a regular there now.  And-I think the majority of people don't do GS.  I'd say it's less than 20% of our school that do it. 

Hilarie-We have sashes too & the badges just move to the back.  However-our troop is TERRIBLE about earning badges.  Ugh.  Calla has only earned one all year.  There are lots of things they do that could qualify for them-but whoever it is (the leader?) doesn't order or do the paperwork I guess.  Sigh. 

Not sure what else I was going to say as I had to turn the page.

I've had a busy day-but not too bad.  Lacey & I have done a TON of reading today too.  She got 2 new big princess books from the girls next door-so we've been sitting around reading a lot today.  That's been a good use of the day because it's been really dark all day & dreary looking.  But the girls are actually out in the back yard playing for a bit before I take them to DH so he can take them to violin while I go to PTA.  I'm doing the auction there again this year-just call me auction queen!  I was thinking of trying to do more "active" type things this year.  Not sure I'll have enough volunteers to get it done though.  2 ladies that helped last year are gone (one moved & the other's DS went to middle school) and the other lady that helped won't reply to my messages-although when I talked to her in the fall she said she'd help "a bit" with it.  So-fingers crossed there are more people at the meeting tonight. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 8:14pm
Laura, I hope you get some help with the auction. Thats awful that the girls are not getting their badges. Could you mention it? Yay for reading today. I'm hoping the kindle gets me back into reading again. I downloaded Les Mis today...not sure I can handle that one. I need clear, straight up language, and the first page is one long confusing sentence, lol. Might have to finish the Hobbit first (which is also a long read for me). Sigh.... :) And speaking of which, I'm going to LOVE the Kindle, I'm sure. I still haven't done much with it, but I think I could spend hours getting stuff for it. I was good though and went to do Just Dance 4 with Brenna. I'm going to be sore tomorrow. We were jumping around and everything...my legs hurt when I was done. And I think my arms will hurt too, lol. Love FUN exercise!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 9:12pm
Trying an iPad post. Because I can. But typing on here is almost as annoying as the iPhone. Ooh lets try this. Typing with the keyboard sideways you can actually use your fingers almost like normal. Cool. Good to know. Sorry I'm not more informational. So distracted by new toys. Speaking of...Lori, glad you got your Fire! Enjoy figuring it all out!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 10:35pm

Lori-Fun exercise is the best!  Glad you did that.  :)  Nice to play with new toys too. 

Hilarie-I almost always use the iPad horizontally.  The other way drives me crazy for just about everything (other than cut the rope...) 

The meeting was good tonight.  A few people offered to help with different things so that makes me happy.  Hopefully it all comes together again.  They are moving where we are set up-which I think is a great thing because it was too crowded where we were before.  But I just hope everyone finds us & we don't get lost in the shuffle. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 7:01am
I dont think I can type much on the kindle, lol. I was playing a logo game last night and you have to type what it is....PITA. Also searching online.... But thats not what I got it for, so..... :) ................................ Laura, I hope everythings works out for the auction. Glad some people came to help. I think with advertising, people will find you............................. Oh, and the bf and bro didnt come last night. Play practice was cancelled after school so they just went home. Kinda glad, as I'm not sure I want to dance in front of him, lol. I'm afraid he'd have nightmares or never come back............... I made apple cinnamon oatmeal in the crock last night (from pinterest). I havent had any yet, but Alexis said its good. Just needs a little more cinnamon. If this worked, it will be great to have another option for a hot breakfast for the girls. Might have to try other flavors.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 7:17am
Morning,

All you guys with your new toys - I'm jealous!!! Enjoy them!!

\

Things are busy at work, classes started back up yesterday so the cadets are running all over the place like ants. Things should settle back down in a week or so. The funniest part is during the renovations of the building there are actually a few rooms that have duplicate numbers so the cadets keep coming to our conference room and my office thinking it's their classroom - however they fail to notice that they should be in the west wing not the north wing. Once all the construction is done the duplicate numbers will go away but for now it's confusing.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 8:12am
Quick question - then I'll go back and read... I forgot to pack my kids' snacks today. (They each have snack time every day in their classes.) Should I run something to school? Or just assume they can survive one day without it? I feel so bad.... :(

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 8:29am

Quick reply isn't working. And no toolbar in full reply. Didn't we already get all of these issues fixed????

Lori, LOL at not wanting to scare the bf with your dancing. Glad you got to do it and had fun! Mmmmm...apple cinnamon oatmeal sounds delicious!

Laura, that's nice that some people can help you out this year. When is it? How much time do you have to get ready?

Andrea, LOL to the cadets running around like ants! I imagine it would be confusing to have multiple rooms with the same number!

Lori, the kids don't "like" running. They whine the whole time. And walk S-L-O-W-L-Y during the walk portions. But we all need to get in shape, and I figure that them getting to run through Epcot and such is a great thing to work toward. We'll see. I told them if they survive through next week running that I'll buy them each a new "running outfit". (And it is their choice if they do this or not - I'm not trying to force them. But I am encouraging them.)

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 9:22am
Lori-I'll have to look for that recipe. Sounds yummy. I would frighten people with my dancing too! :) Andrea-You should let them get settled in the conference room & then go in & start lecturing on something silly-like knowing East from West. Hilarie-I wouldn't take a snack. My girls could survive a day without it. I love the new outfit incentive. My mom did that with me when I was in Jr High. I started running & after I had been running a week I got a DARLING new light green outfit. I LOVED that outfit & it really did encourage me to run more. All is good here today. The girls were up early-but not too bad. I exercised & showered before DH left-so that felt good. Now to go get lunch made & them dressed....