Daily Chatter 1-7-13

iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 1-7-13
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 6:53am

Morning.  Back to school, back to starting the thread.  ;)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 9:50am
Hilarie - I wouldn't worry about the snack - I've forgotten before and Phoebe's teacher keeps a bucket of pretzels on hand for just such an occasion. It may not be their favorite, but if their hungry it's food!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 11:29am
Hilarie, I think its great you're encouraging them to run with you. I hope to do that in the spring with my kids. (Or they can bike while I run...) ....................... I dont know how you guys can exercise in the morning. I can barely walk when I get up, lol. ................... Stupid slow computer... I'm out of time to post already. sigh................... too bad work gets in the way of life. ;)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 1:08pm
I've been feeling like death since my shower (after running). Like I'm going to pass out. Or die. I'm not sure which. I'm sure it's that I need more calories in my body, but I feel so awful that I can't even get through a bar. (I'm about halfway through, over the past 30 minutes.) Even the postal lady said I looked really tired. Ugh. I hate running. :(

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 4:21pm
Hilarie-Hope you are feeling better. I hate it when stuff like that happens. So-at the bus this morning, Lacey was trying to get away from Calla & fell flat on her face in the middle of the street. She gave herself a bloody nose & scraped up her nose/lip pretty bad. She has a little lump on her forehead too. She was pretty miserable for a while-but I knew she was ok. But she stayed hoe today. Luckily I'm not terribly busy at work-so it was ok. And Lacey was so pitiful when she stopped crying she said, "It's no fun to feel bad at school." So I couldn't make her go. We've had a fun day & I just let her watch some tv so I got a little bit of work done. It's POURING rain here right now. Ugh. Hate that.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 5:53pm
Hilarie, I hope you've been able to eat something and are feeling better now. So if you hate running, why dont you try something else??? ;) I hate running too, but I want to. I know, doesn't really make any sense. I'm not ready for that yet though, not even c25k........................... Awwww, poor Lacey. Hope she's doing ok and not too scraped up...................Ran to the store after school. Wasn't sure what we were having for dinner, so got a pizza (the walmart refrigerated ones---they're good!). About half way home I realized that really isnt on my diet, lol. But for me this is about learning to control myself, so I had one piece (it was a medium supreme pizza) and a whole ton of broccoli. I walked past the fresh broccoli in the store and it was calling my name, so I got a few broccoli crowns and steamed them. Maddy ate a few and I ate the rest. It really hit the spot. Now I'm going to play on my kindle while I digest, then off to dance.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 5:59pm

Why is quick reply still not working and still no toolbar? Is it just me??

I'm doing better. I think maybe it was a calorie thing. Plus hot bath/shower. It just all did me in. Oh, and it was 65 with 97% humidity when I ran today - that couldn't have helped, either!

Laura, sorry about Lacey. I hope she's not too banged up! Poor girl! Glad you were able to keep her home and baby her a little today.

Lori, I hate running in the morning, too - although I don't go until about 9:00, so it's not too early. In late summer (aka fall, but not so much here), it was the only time it was even close to cool enough, but I think dusk or later still might have been better because the sun is just so darn hot! I might switch and run Saturday night this week - mostly because DH works Saturday and the kids are home, so night is the only time I can run alone. We'll see how it goes. Today's run was awful for me, which was very disheartening. :(

The kids and I had a nice grocery trip for staples - bread, yogurt, etc. So they got a treat or two for being good helpers. (Well, technically 3 treats I guess. Sheesh! At Publix, they give kids free cookies at the bakery, so they actually had that during the trip and we came home with two other small things.) Then I made applesauce muffins (for the kids) and cooked up some taco stuff for dinner (lettuce shells for me). It's been a pretty good day, once I started feeling better.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 6:02pm
Lori (didn't see your post before I posted) - I need to challenge myself sometimes. I like the idea of running. I guess I like running when it's cooler out. It's just something that's difficult for me. I like doing things that are easy. :) (But that's why I'm pushing myself. I'm almost 40 - need to DO something!)

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 8:04am
Hilarie, Sorry you felt so bad after your run - I can't handle the humidity when I exercise. Did you eat before you ran? Maybe you need to eat something a little more substantial an hour or so before you run? I know I can't have a lot in my stomach before I exercise, but I usually have something about an hour before I work out.

Lori, oops to the pizza, but as long as you kept it to small portion you should be fine!! Yay to the broccoli though!!

Laura, Poor Lacey - at least she was okay once she recovered!! Harry's had string of fat lips/bloody noses/head bumps lately.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 8:27am

Grumble - day 2 of no quick reply and no toolbar in full reply. And my computer has rebooted in between.

I was talking to my neighbor this morning - he had TONS of garbage bags out for pickup. Like 10+ bags! He said he's going through the clutter and getting rid of everything. He's also making an "entry closet" - popping it into the back side of one of the master bedroom closets (we have the same floorplan and don't have one either). He made some comment about if he someday "gets remarried" - UM - he's MARRIED. At least they were. I'm confused. I don't know if he was just talking in the general scheme of things. But, then again, you don't say "get remarried" if you ARE married, right? (Because who expects their marriage to fall apart?) So now I'm wondering if they're getting a divorce? I might have to ask his kids strategic questions on the way home from the bus one day.... :)

Andrea, I did eat something about an hour before running - a bar - it's only about 110 calories, I think. I think - especially as the runs get longer - that I'll have to make some adjustments. Just not sure what they are yet....

This morning is volunteering at Allison's class. I haven't done that for a long time! And I have a LOT of work today. I'd rather not volunteer, but I will.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 11:26am
Hilarie, thats a really interesting comment from your neighbor. How was volunteering? I'll have to remember lettuce leaves for taco wraps........................ My dad gave me an idea for lunch thats really good. Take a bag of the steamer veggies (I get the ones with cheese-- only 45 calories/serving) and add them to diced chicken. I do half a bag. That didn't really look like enough today since I wasn't bringing anything else, so I added one of the single serve broccolis to it. Mmmmm, was good. I also tried something new for breakfast--- a protein smoothie. I wondered if it would keep me full til lunch, and it did. It was 1/3 c each of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, 1/2 c orange juice, 1 T ground flax, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, and about a cup of kale. (about 350 calories) I was skeptical, but it was good. I'm honestly not a huge smoothie fan....I'd rather EAT something, but this will work when I dont have any other ideas, lol.
Photobucket