Daily Chatter 1-7-13

iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 1-7-13
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 6:53am

Morning.  Back to school, back to starting the thread.  ;)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 11:52am

Volunteering was fine, and I got to talk to Allison's friend's mom (from another class, but she was there, too).

I just undecorated our mantel and Christmas tree. Yes, it's all still up. I kind of figured it was DH's job, because he packs/stores the Christmas decorations. Hopefully my piles will get him to get the boxes down so we can get everything put away. (Downloading a file I need for work. It's taking forever, so I decided to do something productive with the time.)

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 12:39pm
LOL to your DH taking the hint to get the boxes down. My DH was pretty good about it - he's all for putting away the Christmas stuff. In fact he was getting the boxes faster than I could fill them up!

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 2:28pm

Quick reply worked! Woohoo!!!

Work is crazy today. Just a lot of people pulling me here and there. Plenty to keep me busy! I could just use a little more time to focus on one thing at a time.

I'm house shopping for my preferred "next place to live". You know, in between people asking for things. :) (Actually I started it while I was downloading those big files.) I love house shopping. I mean, in theory. It gets frustrating when you're really shopping and you can't find the right thing. I just found a GORGEOUS house today - well below market value as a short sale. Ooh - I wanted it... :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 5:18pm

Hilarie-You should be a house collector.  :) 

Lori-Your smoothie sounds interesting.  Glad it held you over so well though. 

Andrea-Always nice to have help that is faster than what you need-seems to make projects go fast.

We've had a ton of snow today.  I've shoveled 3 times.  Probably at least 6".  The ski hill just out of town had 14" (our rain in town yesterday was their snow) overnight/yesterday so I e-mailed DH about it this morning & said he should go skiing.  So about an hour later he showed up at home, changed into his ski stuff & took off.  I LOVE that he can do that.  I wish I could have gone with him.  (*#$&ing early out day)  Lacey & I went to Costco to get a few things I forgot the other day when I forgot my list & then to Shopko to spend her b-day money from MIL.  We wanted to wait until after Christmas to see what she wanted but didn't get.  She's in love with her new princesses.  Ugh-I never thought I'd have this much princess crap in my house...  And-I'm going to start CrossFit on Monday morning at 5:30am.  WIsh me luck! 

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 6:23pm

Let's see if this will work.  This is the house I fell in love with today.  There aren't even any inside pictures.  I just love the look of it.  (And it's in a great location, and it's a short sale below market value - practicalities, too.)

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 11:55pm
Sorry but I don't know why signing in is such a pain. It's so simple but yet it's annoying, you know? ................... I went over to check to the IV Help board. OMG, there are so many complaints it made me just feel better reading someone else getting more upset than me. Apparently there are no recent updates because there is nothing to update. People were mad on that. "Does that mean nothing is getting done?" ............... Hilarie, the recent problems you had (yesterday?) were a JAVA/coding problem they were working on and acknowledged there. ........................ Same old thing here. Been working on the Derby car. It's cute but I'm not sure it will win any races this year. Too much wood I'm afraid. Scouts Monday night when we had a guest sign language interpreter. Tuesday was a recovery night when I slept three hours after work. Wednesday night we came home late from work then I went to drop off some papers and go grocery shopping. Tonight has been working around the house. And here we are. So exciting. ............... TGTF! But busy day on Saturday. Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 6:58am
Morning. Wendi, I think you need some time to relax lady! I certainly hope they're still working on things. If not, people are going to leave the boards for sure. I agree... super annoying! It just takes time I dont have to spare. I'd post more if I didnt have to sign in every time................................... Hilarie, awesome house! Is it in the town you want to move to (in GA)? Hope you got some of the work done. :) ............................... We're doing the babysitting fundraiser again tonight. We have EIGHT kids lined up. Um, 5 of those just called last night! Yikes! At least its only 6 at a time.... we'll have 6, then 2 little ones will leave around the same time 2 older ones will come. So hopefully not too bad. The only one I'm a little concerned about is a 3yo who is such a HUGE mama's girls and cries a lot. But at least she knows the girls from church babysitting.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 7:40am
Morning, Wendi, Glad to hear we aren't the only ones complaining, but you would hope we would see some improvement. You always sound so busy, it makes my life seem tame in comparison. Take a break this weekend. Maybe your DH and T could do something for a couple of hours and you could get some free time?

Lori, Good luck with the babysitting tonight. I think it 's a great idea - I would take advantage of it. Do you do it at the church?

Hilarie - love the house, is it anywhere near where you want to move or is it just dreaming? Every once and awhile I scan the local real estate listings - one can always dream. I must say though I really like our location - I would rather add on to the house than move at this point.

So this weekend is supposed to be beautiful - 60 degrees!!!! So we're thinking we are going to try and go t the zoo. We'll get all our "chores" done on Saturday and head to the zoo Sunday. It seems like we need to take advantage of the super January weather.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 8:29am

Wendi, I don't think I knew there was an official board for complaints like that. Where is it? You do always sound so busy. Do you need to cut back? It seems like you're doing all the same things you were doing when you weren't working - but you have to take into account that you don't have as much free time anymore. (Not being judgmental - just observing. It's your decision if you want to be busy. :) ) I hope you can find some down time this weekend!

Lori, good luck with the babysitting. What's it raising funds for? And when is that NY trip?

Andrea, sounds like wonderful weather! I hope you all enjoy the zoo. That's great that you really like where your house is. I don't think I've ever felt strongly about my house being "just right" or in "just the right place". And I like changing scenery every few years. I wonder if I'll ever feel like staying put? (I don't mean moving towns - I lived in 4 places in the same town before this - but I always seem to move every 3-6 years.)

Yes, that house is in the town I want to move to next. I was just checking real estate listings yesterday for fun. I keep downgrading our price range - I seriously want to not feel strapped financially anymore. So our last house was purchased for $334K, this one was $264K, and I'm hoping the next one will be $200K or less. (I'd love to do WAY less, but I don't think we can get our preferred area for way less.) Unfortunately, DH may not be on the same page with "living in a smaller/cheaper place" - you know how people tend to want to move to "bigger and/or better". I'm at the opposite place. I want to cut costs and not have extra space to fill up with junk. We'll see....

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 10:59am
Hilarie, If some great opportunity came up I wouldn't be against moving, but I really do like our neighborhood and the school district. On top of that we bought our house way back in 1999 so we got it before real estate skyrocketed. In fact, when we had the house appraised last year, it's worth about double what we paid for it. Same with our jobs, DH and may not totally love our jobs, but we like them and it's awfully nice that we can flex our schedules when needed and the added benefits of cheap childcare and summer camp among other things really help.