Daily Chatter 1-7-13

iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 1-7-13
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 6:53am

Morning.  Back to school, back to starting the thread.  ;)

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 7:39am
Morning, We had a successful weekend. I managed to get all the indoor Christmas stuff put away - the outdoor will have to wait until we lose a little more snow. I did unplug the lights though. On top of that DH took the kids to a local state park/zoo yesterday morning so I had a few hours to get some things accomplished. I managed to get through both of the kids dressers/closets and I even got through all the bins of bigger clothes in the attic so that they are all organized by size again. The last time I was able to do that was before Harry was born! I can actually get into the attic without things falling on top of me!!!!! DH managed to get the pantry organized as well - just out of curiosity how do you guts keep your snack organized - like the bags of chips etc? Ours always seem to get out of control.

Hilarie, Yay to the new ipad. My parents and I chipped in together and got one for my brother for Christmas. Of course two days before Christmas he went out and got one for his wife!!!! So now they have two!!! Wow to selling so many cookies. I'm not sure when they sell cookies around here - Phoebe has her first meeting since before Christmas this afternoon so maybe we'll find out something?

Lori, I never seem to stay logged in either, and it doesn't bring me to the last post. I haven't tried IE though. I saw Les Mis years ago on Broadway and loved it - I'd like to get the chance to see it at the movies, I'll probably wait until video though!!

Laura, Poor Lacey thinking she was lost - do you think part of it was because she was tired after a day of skiing?

Wendi, Good luck going back to school/work!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 8:12am

Lori, are you sure you have to have a credit card for Amazon Prime? I have Amazon linked to my debit card (always have) and I had the 30-day trial for Prime. I know you can also put gift cards on there, instead of having it linked to a credit card - just link to that.

Andrea, nice work on getting stuff put away and organized this weekend! We didn't deal with any indoor decorations and I just unplugged the lights outside. Our Christmas tree is making me sad now.

Andrea, we only have like one bag of chips (max) at a time, so we don't really organize. We do put it on the top shelf of our pantry, though, to keep it less accessible!

Plenty to do today - running this morning (as soon as I can get myself moving), finish that work project (I told them "by noon"), start more work projects. Plus dance and cheer tonight after school. Oh - and DH is finally bringing home our new dishwasher and microwave after work today. He decided to check if they were in yet last week, and they had just been sitting there and no one had even called! Weird. Too bad he didn't bring them home before his 4-day weekend! Because now he works 7 days straight!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 8:15am
Andrea, here's perhaps more useful/helpful response... I'd suggest containers - boxes, bins, baskets - whatever you have or prefer will work fine. One container to hold all your snacks (open, no lid, so you can just reach in), or maybe smaller containers (more shoe box sized?) for each type of snack. I'm not sure what all you have, but containers are always a good idea to contain and limit the area of items.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 8:35am
Andrea, yay for getting some things done! We rarely have chips (or the such), so I dont need a way to keep them organized. I'm SO jealous of you getting to see Les Mis on Broadway. I'm SO excited to get to see a show on broadway when we go to NYC. We're seeing the Lion King. I saw Phantom of the Opera in Toronto at Pantages theater, and it was the greatest! I LOVE things like that. (I've also seen a couple shows in Cleveland at Playhouse Square----Cats and Starlight Express.... just love to go).................................... Hilarie, ugh to no one letting you know the appliances were in! Hope you get it all installed. I was looking at the payment options for Amazon prime because I wondered if you had to pay for a year at a time, or just monthly payments, and it says credit card only. It even goes as far as to explain how to tell the difference between a credit and debit card. I might try and see anyway.... ;) I always use my debit when I buy from Amazon................and speaking of which, I need to finish up my order before I leave for school. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 8:40am
That's what DH and I were thinking, We actually don't usually have chips - it's really kids snacks, veggie booty, goldfish, popcorn, rice cakes etc... Our pantry is really just a big closet with shelves so right now they just get piled on the shelf and they end up on top of other things etc...

Yay to the new appliances!! Hopefully they won't sit in the garage too long!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 9:23am

Andrea-Glad you got some alone time this weekend & got everything done.  Sounds like a great weekend.  As for bags of chips & such I usually put them in my "bread basket" that sits on the counter.  It has always been just a little square basket-but I got a new little bag for it when I went to that bag party a few weeks ago.  I LOVE my new bag.  You should check out  http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/  and if you don't know anyone who sells it I can talk to my friend who does & see if you can order from her if you find anything you love.  Mine is called a utility bin-I think it was the medium sized one.  But there are tons of things there that might work. 

Lori-Hope you get your new toy soon!  :)

Hilarie-Ugh to no one calling you-they probably thought that since DH worked there that he'd see them.  Hope it doesn't take too long to get them in.  I can't imagine working 7 days straight either-poor guy. 

All is going well here this morning.  We had a blast bowling with the neighbors last night.  It really was so much fun.  I wish we had more friends to do things like that with.  These guys are great-but they have so much family around that they are busy all the time with family things it seems.  I said it would be fun to set up a school family bowling league.  I would suggest it-but then I'd have to organize it.  So I'll just keep that to myself.  :) 

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 11:12am
Ok, so I'm logged in in firefox at school too. But yet I cant stay logged in at home and still keep going to some odd screen occasionally. (I havent complained yet, but when I have time I'll do that survey Wendi did) Oh, and but I cant see siggies here.......................................... Laura, glad you guys had fun bowling. We havent done that in awhile. I usually sign them up for the free summer bowling program, but we have yet to go, sigh............................... Nothing too exciting hereexcept that I ordered my kindle this morning. Yay! Also signed up for my free amazon prime trial so my kindle will be here Weds. Double yay! And Hilarie, it seems they're going to let me use my debit card??? So yay again.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 12:41pm

Just got back from my walk - and here's a picture of what I saw - unfortunately I only had my phone so they aren't the greatest quality!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 2:02pm

Lori-Yeah for the new toy!  :)  I'm sure you'll love it.

Andrea-That's very cool!  We see them occasionally around here too-but I rarely have a camera with me then either.  (And my phone is so old & miserable I can't get photos off it...)

Here's cool bird picture from skiing on New Year's Day.  Not sure what bird made them-but we passed over the print as we were on the chair lift.  I thought it was terribly cool.  I kind of wonder if it could be from 2 birds either fighting or mating...

I think it's attached-this new method of doing things is not my favorite!!!

Attachment: 

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 3:40pm
Wow, cool bird pics. We never see eagles here, although I've heard we've had some nesting in the swamp in the past. I've looked, but never saw any. :( The only time I've seen one in the wild was when we were in FL.................. I just got an email that my kindle was shipped, and will be here tomorrow! Woohoo. I'm so excited!
Photobucket

Pages