Daily Chatter 1-7-13

iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 1-7-13
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 6:53am

Morning.  Back to school, back to starting the thread.  ;)

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 9:43pm

Wendi-Very cool on the derby car.  I'd love to see a picture of it someday if you have a chance.  Hope all of the church stuff is going well too.  My sister in KC said it was beautiful there on Friday & then changed terribly by last night.  Ick. 

Hilarie-I love the borrow the dog idea.  I actually wanted to stop the other day & ask a very very pg lady if I could walk her dog for her once she has her baby if she doesn't have time to get out with him.  I've NEVER met her before-but I've seen her walk by for a while.  So-I know she lives nearby.  But-afraid I'd look like a crazy person if I ever did stop & say that.  You know... 

Lori-Sounds like a nice relaxing day.  Hope you got the sewing machine out too-I love having projects to do. 

We skied today instead of yesterday.  I mentioned the other day that I felt "nervous" or anxious or whaterver & it just kept getting worse & worse.  I felt fine to exercise-but I just couldn't shake this bad feeling & my heart was racing & I was just off.  One of our neighbors (who is younger than me by 1 year) got taken to the hospital in the middle of the night on Tuesday/Wednesday & I think that stressed me out too.  So-Friday night I couldn't fall asleep & finally did-but woke up about 1:30am feeling rotten.  I was 99% sure it was stress related-but partly afraid something bad was happening & finally woke DH.  He talked me off the cliff & rubbed my back until I calmed down & my chest felt better & I fell asleep.  But as soon as I got up on Saturday it started again.  So I went to a walk-in clinic.  They agreed that it sounded like stress & my heart sounded fine.  I cried talking to the doc about everything that's been going on here & the pounding started to calm down almost right away.  So strange how that happened.  I spent most of the day just hanging out at home with the kids & by bedtime I felt really normal.  We had a great day skiing today & I feel pretty good.  There are times when I feel it come back-but I can work through it better now.  I think realzing that the ONLY time I can exercise regularly is at 5:30am really bothered me more than I realized.  And then I had the meeting for the auction which further complicated my life.  The doc said he thinks getting regular exercise will be really good for me & no reason why I should put off doing it as long as I want to do it.  So-I'll be going at 5:30am tomorrow.  I said maybe I should do yoga instead of CrossFit & he suggested that I do yoga at home during my off days.  I really appreciated that suggestion & will probably try to find something on the iPad.  He was a great older doc who handed me tissue & just listened.  I appreciate that he didn't want to medicate me either-but said if I continued to have problems with this I should contact my primary care doc & discuss further options.  So-I'm not telling any IRL people-other than DH.  I really appreciate having you all around to blab to because I think it's good for me to tell someone.  I just hate feeling like I'm having mental issues at all-you know?  Thanks for being there for me! 

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 6:27pm
Oh, and its raining here. After the hard rain we had Friday that melted all that snow we still had, everything is super saturated. I'd love to get enough rain to flood a few of the back roads and cause a delay... ;)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 6:26pm
Hilarie, that would be great---rent-a-dog to go running. The girls get the fun part without the feeding and grooming and vet bills! :D It was almost 70 here today. We didn't even wear coats to church! Tomorrow----31*. Sigh............. Wendi, yay for T! And glad you got some time to relax today. I'm ready to get my sewing machine back out. We got material for Brenna's purse last fall, but I never got around to it with my mom being sick and then the holidays...................... Hilarie, I hope you can get some ideas as to why you're getting sick.........................Not much here today. Maddy didn't sleep well at all last night, so she and Brenna stayed home from church. I came really close to just all of us skipping, but then remembered Livi and I were going to sing with the choir. Always end up glad I went. Came home and the girls made quesadillas for lunch. Mine was awesome----I got low carb tomato-basil wraps (only 68 calories each!) and put diced chicken, pepperjack cheese and onions on it. Was SO good. Then we watched a movie on Amazon prime. Its our free trial month. Not sure if we're going to keep it or not. It would be the first choice among that, netflix or hulu plus. But we're still deciding. Now we're just vegging. I need to go out and wash the dishes when this cheesy Hallmark movie is over. ;) Then time for some crunches.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 2:50pm

I know what confession is and all that. I just didn't know what T's official ceremony was today. Does that mean it's the first time he went through that

Today has been a big bunch of nothing so far. Other than getting the girls out for their run. It's been so warm here that we haven't been doing it! (Supposed to be 80 today, and it has been upper 70s all week.) I'm still not sure if they'll continue. Allison whines so much, even though I know it's not too tough for her. If she was out with a bunch of friends instead of mom, she'd keep up no problem!

The girls saw dogs yesterday outside Petco (we were actually going to Staples next door) and now they want a dog. NOW. They asked me about it first thing this morning. DH isn't ready for one, though. On our way back from our "run", the neighbor said we should have taken her dog with us, because her dog is getting old and can't keep up with her anymore. Maybe we'll try that next time. Might motivate the kids to run and fulfill some of their dog cravings!

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 1:16pm
The Catholic Sacrament of Reconciliation (also known as Penance, or Penance and Reconciliation) has three elements: conversion, confession and celebration. In it we find God's unconditional forgiveness; as a result we are called to forgive others.

We sit in little rooms (usually) and tell the priest our sins and he absolves us. Poof! No more sin. :) It is one of the seven sacraments we receive. Think of "A League of Their Own" where the team is in church, you heard a big bam. Then you see Rosie O'Donnell whisper to someone, "It's the second time he dropped that Bible since she's been in." :)

Otherwise all is good here. I might take a nap, maybe organize in T's room a bit. I am taking it easy today. Roast is in the crock even.

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 9:12am

Wendi, you sure have a lot going on (as usual). That's so awesome that T got an award for his "car"!! A squid, huh?? I thought they were always just cars. Shows what I know! I hope Reconciliation went well today. (I have no idea what that is, but I still hope it went well!)

We're being bad today and not going to church. I was just so tired. I ran last night (after dark) and felt nauseous again, like last time, so I was up late (not throwing up or anything, but I needed to sit upright). So I slept in and am/was a big slacker.

Lori, I hope the babysitting finished out well. I thought it was at church, too. What a great idea to make some extra money by having several kids come at once! I hope your aunt got off okay.

Laura, that's great that you booked airfare. And yay for your parents taking you on this trip!! Did you make it skiing yesterday?

I don't know what we'll do today. DH works until 3:00. I need to go to the running store to discuss some issues with my new shoes - and ask about the nausea while I'm there. And maybe run another errand or two.

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 1:24am
Hilarie, you hit the nail on the head. I just added to my life with a job, but it is necessary. Owning two houses really makes it tough on finances. I have not done any arts/crafts since I got this job, that's what I have let go to the side. At least they will always be there when I'm ready! ................. I can't remember exactly where the complaint board is, but I got there by going to the CM's thread on our board which has a link to another thread where I followed the path across the top of the page. I think it is a board called "iVilliage Help". ................ You all would be proud to know I just watched "The Descendants". Awesome movie. All movie channels are on free preview this weekend. Yay! ..................... Hilarie, if you ever want to live in a great location in Indiana, I know the best place for you to buy! It's in your price range, too! :) ............... Lori, I am trying to prepare myself for the check from Christmas break. Babysitting sounded awesome. I thought this was at church. Very cool! ............. Hi, Andrea! ......... Hi, Laura! ........... Hi, Tammy! ............... I am so proud to say T won the Best in Show at the Pinewood Derby this morning!! Honestly, it was a family creation, but T does get creative rights. It was his idea, he did quite a bit of sanding and he did all the painting (except the eyes). It was a squid. He also got third in the den in the race and he said he was happy with that, but the smile was much bigger with the second trophy. :) .............. Then this evening we bowled at the birthday party. It was fun, too. Instead of bringing gifts for the birthday boy, they had a gift exchange. T got Jenga. I haven't seen him laugh so hard and so much in so long! He giggled every time someone moved a block. It was hilarious! ................. I wrote most of this earlier today but just finally got time to post. ....... Tomorrow is T's First Reconciliation, if the weather is ok. It was pretty bad already tonight. I don't think they will cancel it; you can't cancel church, right? Anyway, thoughts and prayers for the next step in their spiritual journey! Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 6:16pm
Sorry you guys were struggling with work. My day flew by. It usually does on Fridays though..............................I also think its great I'm not the only one who loves where I live. :) I can see me moving sometime (not something I would ever say before my mom died), but not until the kids are done with school. Oh, and regarding downsizing---just make sure you dont go too small until the kids are done...unless you dont want your kids to have friends over. I love love love that all the kids come here to hang out so I know whats going on. It wasnt something we could have done at the other house....................... Babysitting is going ok. The first 2 kids came home from school with the girls. The second 2 came and it was a little iffy. They were 3 and almost 2. They cried and cried when their parents tried to leave, but about 5 minutes after they left they were fine. Right after that the next came (she's 3), and she cried less than a minute. And then last is our 1 year old (sister to the 2 that came home from school with the girls). She's great. I swear she never makes noise. Oh, and we do it here. The 2 older girls take turns babysitting for a small group from church that meets twice a month, so some of the kids already know them. And the money is for NYC, which is the first week of April. Our last payment is due Feb 1st............................. Not sure what we're doing this weekend. Probably nothing. My dad is coming tomorrow to take my aunt home. He's not staying long...just coming to get her, visiting a bit, then going home, so no over night company. Then we have Sunday free. I wish we could go to the zoo tomorrow. Its supposed to be nice, but with my aunt here and dad coming, and no funds at the moment, its not going to happen. (I'm thinking it wouldnt be too crowded with it being January and all) Today was payday and its about $200 less than normal due to Christmas break. Sigh.................................. ok, guess I rambled long enough. Ate WAY too many carbs for dinner. (I dont feel like I over ate though) Hope that doesnt undo all the good I've been doing this week.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 5:20pm

Hilarie-I love that house too.  We downsized to this house & we're so happy we did it.  It's so much easier not to worry so much.  I don't feel very smart at work today either.  I am stuggling...

Lori-Have fun sitting.  Hopefully they are all great for you.

Andrea-Have a great time at the zoo!  That sounds like a perfect reward for getting chores done.  We feel the same way about our house-we'd rather add on if needed-but I doubt that will ever happen. 

Wendi-wow-you make me tired.  Glad you got a nap in though. 

My day has been fine-busy-but fine.  Work is harder than it should be today & I've also been working on the laptop while my models run to find plane tickets for spring break.  We were hoping they'd drop-but now that we are within 3 months of going they started going up-ugh.  So I did it today.  It's expensive though!!!!  But-my parents are buying this for us as a trip with them & they took my sisters on a European cruise-so I'm pretty sure this is still less than that trip. 

Not sure what we're doing tonight & hope to ski tomorrow too. 

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 1:55pm
Work is really hurting my brain today! The programming seems like it should be easy-ish, but I just can't get it to work in one quick seamless way. (Well, it might be working now, but it has taken me a couple of hours of thinking and re-thinking to get to this point!) I enjoy programming, but some days I feel like I'm not smart enough!

Pages