iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 10-22-12
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 7:15am

Morning.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 7:17am

Hilarie, I think a lot of dogs are like that.  Cracks me up.  My cats wouldn't put up with it either.

Laura, I heard them say we could have wet snow here by next Monday.  Jealous---not unless its Christmas, lol!

Oh, and the murder mystery is Saturday.  So not ready.  But one of Brenna's friend's mom called me last night and said she'd make some food, and come help.  So that will be nice.  Maybe.  (She can sometimes be a stick in the mud, lol.)

Back to the grind today...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 8:00am

Me, too, Lori. Ugh. I need a day off (once my parents leave), but I have some work people are waiting for, so hopefully I can get things done. Good luck getting ready for the party. At least she'll help with food - that's something.

Laura - snow?? It's still 80 here. Although it is only 63 right now, so at least it's getting a bit cooler. Not sure yet when my parents are leaving and/or if I'm running. Will need to decide in the next 30 minutes...

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 8:12am
Just a quick good morning, We had a great weekend, the weather was beautiful. Now back to work - it's already crazy this morning, I have to finish off the credit card, go pick up the review photo, bring it to the framers, get some budget data for the slides, and then start prepping the room and the presentation materials for tomorrow. The guys are helping out wherever they can, but they have things to get done too. Just need to make it to lunchtime on Wednesday!! Of course I managed to wake up with a sore throat this morning - probably whatever Harry had last week, I dosed myself with vitamin C this morning and broke out the neti pot - hopefully it won't be too bad!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 9:14am

Andrea-Hope you aren't getting anything!  It always works that way-just when you are crazy busy you feel like crap.  Hope the neti & C knock it down!

Lori-That's great that someone else has offered to help some.  And-put the girls to work!  I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

Hilarie-Good luck getting your day figured out.  Not really even jealous of your 80s, I'm ready for winter.  But if we do get 2-5" in the valley I'll maybe change my tune!  Laughing

It's quiet here this morning.  When Lacey needed me at 3:20am (she sometimes insists she needs me to come cover her up-she did that 3 times last night-but none the night before-ugh) Calla talked to me & said she'd been up since 3am when she got up to go to the bathroom & couldn't fall back asleep.  Poor girl.  I hate that.  I'm not sure how long she was up after that either.  So I'm letting her sleep a bit this morning-but can't let her sleep too much longer.  Hopefully she's not exhausted when she gets up. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 10:56am

Andrea, good luck getting everything done. Sounds stressful! And I hope you don't get sick(er)!!!! Did the kids enjoy the Touch Museum?

Laura, sounds like a rough night. I hope Calla won't be too tired today. Or you either!

Made it out for my run. Only 1 day left of the c25k program - yippee! (Of course, then I don't know what I'll do with myself when there's no one telling me what to do.) My parents left over an hour ago. They forgot my mom's wedge pillow (that she sleeps on), and I saw it and called them, so they just came back for it. Too bad I didn't go check earlier, but at least they weren't too far away yet. I feel like napping. And taking the day off work...

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 5:15pm
You're all so quiet today...

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 6:18pm
It is taking me to the last unread post!!!! Whoooooooo hooooooooo!!!! :) Happy me. Now I'm going to see if it will put in a return where I want it. Hilarie-Glad you are doing so well with your running. Very cool. Not a ton going here-busy though.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 9:14pm
Crazy busy day. And its taking me to the last unread post too! I noticed earlier and am happy about that! Now if it would just keep how many posts I want to read per page... (I tried setting it in my preferences but it keeps saying my email is already being used...) Hilarie, yay for your last day. I'd say just work on time or distance after that. Andrea, glad you had a nice weekend. Sounds like a busy day for you today. Laura, how was Calla today? Hope she wasn't too tired (or grumpy). Hope you all get some rest tonight. And keep your snow. It was in the 70s today and is supposed to be all week. Can you say Indian summer??? Worked, came home, washed the dishes, put dinner in and then sat with my mom til my brother got here. Ate. Went to the band concert. Now home. And the pastor told me he had a good talk with my mom today. But, she told him she's thinking of stopping the IV nutrition. That will lead to the end. She's not ready yet, but is thinking that way. I would be at peace with her decision... a person can only take so much, and she's been through way more than a person should ever have to go through. But this is hard to hear...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 10:41pm
Lori-Glad you got to go to the concert and that your weather is nice. So sorry to hear about your mom though. Will keep you all in our prayers. Calla was fine today-I don't think she was up for too terribly long last night-luckily. Lacey was a disaster tonight-but that is just "Grandma detox" and she needed to get it out of her system-hopefully tomorrow will be better. Gotta tell you all about the weekend of Birthday parties. Friday at 5pm-Calla has her 1st slumber party (with the family next door), Saturday 10-noon is Lacey's party, Saturday at 2pm is a pool party for one of Lacey's friends, Sunday 1-2:30 is a party at the carousel for another friend, then at 3pm is the family party for the girl next door. Insane hu? We also have the funeral tomorrow afternoon for the neighbor's mom. It's at 2pm so all 4 of us are going-no way to meet Calla at the bus & all of the neighbors are going so no one to watch her. I wish we had a different daytime babysitter option-but we rarely need it-so...

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 7:56am
Lori, hugs, hugs, hugs!! Praying for you all!

Andrea, ugh to getting sick when it's time for everything to start! Hope you can hold it off!

Oh, my goodness. I keep forgetting to say, yes, I felt better, finally, yesterday. Sunday T and I ran out for some necessary shopping and I shouldn't have gone. I still felt so bad, no patience, etc. And, on top of that, the pattern I need (still) was sold out. We're going to the other big city today after school to the one other store that has patterns to find it. Wish me luck!

I'm tired of no paragraphs. So I hope I'm doing the symbols right.

We had a showing at our IN house recently. I lost all track of time while sick so I'm not sure when it was. Crossing my fingers something comes of it!

There is never enough time in the mornings to do everything I want, so hopefully I can talk more later!

Wendi

Photobucket

Pages