iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 10-29-12
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 6:52am

Morning.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 6:58am

Hope all the east coasters are staying safe.  We're under a high wind warning starting around noon today through at least tomorrow. (60+ mph)  Plus flooding.  Its been raining since Friday night with rain in the forecast through Thursday.  I live WAY too far inland to be getting hit like this.

I'm going to school today, but I see a big decline in my mom.  Might be my last day for the week.  :(

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 8:24am
Morning,

Well, came to work this morning, so far it is just windy, the heavy stuff is supposed to hit after lunch. I will probably stick it out until lunchtime then head home. DH stayed home with the kids.

Lori, Sorry your Mom is deteriorating so rapidly, is your brother still staying downstairs with her? Hope you guys weather the storm okay - are they talking power outages for you guys too?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 8:28am
Yes, my brother is still here. He actually didn't go home over the weekend to work. I'm not sad its happening so fast...I just dont want her to suffer anymore now that she's made this decision. And yep, likely power outages here. Sigh... I need to run to the store tonight...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 9:06am

Lori, I'm so sorry your mom feels like she's at "that point". I'm glad that she was able to make her decision, but it's hard for everyone, I'm sure. HUGS. And, seriously, let us know if you need anything. Really. We'll help however we can.

That's great that your party was such a success! I hope Livi's teeth can get looked at right away! Frustrating...

Laura, sorry Lacey wasn't feeling well all weekend. Good luck getting everything ready for the party next weekend, though! LOL to the "shiver" dog. Jetta was like that whenever DH was moody or playing video games - just stressed her out!

Andrea, best of luck with the storm!!! It's windy/chilly here (was 52 when the kids went to the bus - brrr! - and only a high of 66 today), but otherwise, no storminess here - not even any rain. All our offices in 10 states are closed today - that's HUGE! Hopefully it won't be too bad. Glad you have a generator, though!

Wendi, are your costumes all done now? That's great to have a "really smart" report on T!!! Hopefully they can get an action plan for the classroom issues soon, too.

Um - did I miss anything?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 9:13am

Our weekend was good. Magic Kingdom on Friday until the Halloween party started (separate ticketed event, so we had to leave). Saturday was Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney, where we actually bought the kids a couple of things. (We never buy them anything at Disney, as a rule. Special treat this trip, but it was under $30 each, so nothing too serious. Allison picked a pair of Disney sweat pants. Megan picked face paint and a hair accessory. They got the money thing in their head - even though we didn't set an official price - so they weren't "thinking big" when picking their gifts. Funny kids.)

Sunday was the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot - which is really why I wanted to go this weekend. It was great to try lots of foods from different countries, BUT the portions were so small!!! Like the "lava cake" (which was gluten-free) was the size of a bite-size brownie - for $3.25! We ended up spending $74 there (DH kept the receipts, just so he'd know) - which was really just lunch. We talked about splitting it to dinner, too (just waiting a while), but we weren't really full from lunch yet, so we kept eating. :) I'm glad we experienced it, but not so excited that I'd do it again anytime soon (like 5-10 years?).

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 9:18am
Lori-Hugs to you. Does your mom have everything planned for the funeral & the obit & stuff? I know that sounds strange-but the funeral we went to last week was like that. She had picked her songs, bible verses, written the obit, and even given the minister "sermon notes" on what he should talk about it. Hope your weather holds out ok. Andrea-Stay safe! Glad you can go home early. Keep us posted on how you are doing if you can. Back to the grind here. I need to get moving this morning-but don't really want to. Much more fun to sit & mess on the computer. Speaking of messing on the computer-are any of you having problems with Pinterest? I haven't been able to pin anything in a couple of weeks. I haven't tried it on Explorer-but on Firefox it just locks up whenever I click on something. So-I haven't been able to waste time on it-but that's probably a good thing... :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 1:28pm
Laura, I hadn't been on Pinterest in a while. But I just went on and repinned a couple of things - worked fine. (But they weren't original pins, if that makes a difference.) I'm so tired - wish I could nap for a few days straight....

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 1:44pm
Well, they sent us home at noon. The weather is starting to get pretty nasty now, but we're all home safe and sound.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 1:49pm
Grrrr, I hate this stupid computer (Livi's laptop) I didnt go to school. I was getting ready to walk out the door when my brother thought maybe I should stay home because my mom was acting weird. She's ok for now. I have such mixed feelings...tomorrow is my brother's b-day. Hilarie, glad you guys had a good time on the trip. Sorry it was so expensive! Laura, we dont have everything ready, but the funeral is paid for and such I'll let the pastor pick verses unless my aunt wants to. And not sure on songs other than Amazing Grace. Andrea, glad you got to go home. Hang on tight! I need to run to the store when my brother gets back. He had to go get his license plates, but needed an e-check, and we dont do those here, so he had to go to the next county to get one. (I need some things we can cook on the stove if the power goes out. I think I'll also fill the tub with water later so we can flush.) :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 4:54pm
Be safe, Andrea! And, Lori, I hope you don't lose power. It's gorgeous/cool here - and we're under a fire watch! I assume because of the winds. So weird to be worrying about fires (not that I am, but in general) when so many others are dealing with a hurricane and all that water!

Pages