iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 11-12-12
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 1:26am

Have a great week!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 2:17am

I couldn't bear to post on the other thread knowing it's really Monday!

We had a pretty good weekend. Birthday party that sneaked up on me because T did not bring home the invitation. Well, we found it in the truck yesterday. Anyway, did that Friday night. Shopped after the party since we were in the city. Started Christmas shopping! That was fun!

I might be the only person in America, but I am ready to skip Thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas. Or perhaps I'm ready to be Canadian with Thanksgiving already over. They have something there!

Yesterday we had to run to St. Louis so T and I went to the zoo while daddy hunted deer, or at least tried. The wind has been so terrible and that makes it hard to hunt. Still hoping though! The season goes through next Tuesday.

Today we stayed home all day; worked around here. Then after bedtime T started throwing up. Grrrr!!! We've been in the bathroom twice now. I hate missing work most of all but of all the times we've missed school I am in the best place there for this one.

How in the world are we getting so sick this year? It's so frustrating. T hasn't been sick like this since he was little. I thought we were past the getting sick all the time phase.

I had to stop for a minute for the third time in the bathroom. Poor kid, I think, is afraid to get sick in bed so he can't rest yet he can't throw up. We were in the bathroom for a while and he asked why can't he sleep, he's so tired. I pulled out some towels and he's sleeping in front of my toilet. Poor kid!

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 6:45am
Morning. I'm not caught up from last week, but probably wont be. Wendi, I hope T feels better today. I know how bad it is when you're so tired but you can't sleep. :( I wish I could still stay home today. I'm not quite ready to go back, but I suppose I must. Calling hours Friday night were L O N G. They were supposed to be from 5-8 but he wanted us there at 4. People started coming around 4:15 or so. Ugh! LLG came down around 2:30 and hung out here with me until time to go, then went down there for a bit. Once people started coming I told him to run because it was going to get crazy busy, and it did. Non-stop line until 8:00. I didnt shed one tear. I teared up, but I wanted this to be a celebration of her life, not a remembrance of her battle with cancer. She was SO much more than that. Saturday the church was packed for the funeral. It was a really nice service, and I cried a lot then. It breaks my heart to see the girls cry. They're doing ok though. But now everyone goes back to life as normal, and we have to try to go on with a huge hole in our lives. Doesn't seem quite fair.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 9:35am

Lori-Still keeping you guys in our prayers.  Sounds like a tough weekend & sorry you have to go back to work today.  I'm sure a day alone to rest & catch up would be welcomed about now.  Glad to hear the girls are doing ok.  Hugs to you.  And-glad LLG came to visit too.  I'm sure he was a nice distraction.

Wendi-Ugh.  Sorry about T.  I hope the rest of your night was quiet & he's feeling better today.  I think different areas just have different bugs.  So he has to get used to these ones too.  At least that's my thought.  But could he have developed an allergy/reaction to something?  Might be worth keeping a food journal & seeing if anything is causing issues.  Glad you got to the zoo yesterday. I LOVE the sloth bears there.  They are so silly.  Tongue Out 

Not a ton going on here.  Typical work day ahead.  I had a home sales party yesterday ("Thirty-one" bags & stuff like that-anyone heard of them?)  I didn't really want to go, it was at EFN's house (Ex-Friend Neighbor since I haven't talked about her in ages).  We have been cordial to each other, but I didn't really want to do something social like this with her.  But-the lady who is selling the bags is Calla's old preschool teacher & I Love her.  It was good to go talk & I didn't realize that she got divorced over the summer & is really working hard to get some extra income now.  They had one of those rotten years last year where lots of close family members died too.  So just seems to be piling on for her.  Her DD is in college & DS is a Sr this year.  She's so wonderful, I hope things work out for her.  Glad I went in the end, but it was hard for me to go.  Well-better go make lunch...

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 9:39am

Wendi, I had to chuckle at you and T going to the zoo while DH hunted. Opposite ends of the spectrum, eh? Poor T. I hope he got some rest and is feeling better today!!!

Oh, and I'm ready to skip Thanksgiving this year, too. I'm not sure why. At least it's early - next week! - so then I can decorate and get on to Christmas stuff. Hopefully I can get DH to decorate either Wed or Thurs (his days off), because after that it's going to get crazy. He still DOES work 2 am - 11 pm on Black Friday. I think they're trying to kill him. I wouldn't make it.

Lori, I was wondering if you're all back to school/work this week or if you'd take a few days off. (I wish I knew what else to say here - I just keep staring at this and not getting anywhere.) Big hugs, again. We all love you and are sorry you have to hurt.

We all went to the outlet mall yesterday. (I wanted to go to a specific store, having a sale.) Then DH wanted to head to St. Augustine and walk around there. (The outlet mall is in the outskirts of St. Augustine, so we were mostly there.) We just walked around. Got rained on a little. We thought we'd check out all the shops, but we barely set foot in any. It was still a decent day. Today we're just hanging out. No real plans.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 9:43am
Laura, I was just thinking of Thirty-One parties yesterday! I've never been to one, but lots of people here have Thirty-One bags. I'd like to see them in person. I'd also like to get invited to a party like that (or Pampered Chef). I guess I'd just like to be included. Silly me. :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 11:30am
Lori, I'm so glad to see you here this morning! It is so hard to continue on, but it gets more manageable. Laura, wow, you are so brave to go to EFN's house! But so nice you got to see the teacher. Hilarie, I never thought about DH hunting and us at the zoo! So funny! Wow to DH's hours on Black Friday. I've never gone to Lowe's on BF. Are the girls off school today? I think T is finally feeling better. He's had some crackers this morning so I'm hopeful. Unfortunately we'll miss our pack meeting tonight where our boys do the flag ceremony. I even have the flags! We'll have to go by and drop them off this evening. I am getting lots of calls made and cleaning done today! Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 3:05pm
Wendi-Glad T is feeling better & hope the crackers stay down. Sorry he'll miss the flag ceremony. I remember those from girl scouts-I wonder if they'll do that with brownies anytime soon... Hilarie-I can't believe they would ask DH to work that long. That's insane! I would be a puddle of goo by the end of that shift! Glad you've heard of the bags-I hadn't until just recently. I really liked them & they were very well made I thought. The one bag/organizer totally reminded me of Wendi. The one lady said she kept it on the passenger seat of her car & sorted things before she even got to the house with them. I got 3 new bags, one is a thermal one for picnics, one is our new bread basket (my current bread basket is Christmas themed & I leave it out all year & just hope no one notices..., and then another bag that I'm not sure how I'll use it but it was only $5 if you spent $35 on other stuff so I couldn't "not" buy it. :) You know how that goes? Not much going on here. I'm swamped with work & didn't even realize it was 12:30 until my stomach told me I was working thru lunch. DH had a meeting so he's not home. I just ate quickly & am headed back-ugh. I hate working thru lunch-but I really need to get this stuff done today.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 3:07pm
Laura, I've never been to a thirty one party but I know lots of people around here have them. Glad you got to see the teacher, even if it was hard to go in the first place. Hilarie, those are insane hours, especially on black friday! Does he get overtime after 8 hours? I'd invite you to my pampered chef party. I had one many years ago and would like to have another. Wendi, glad T seems to be feeling better. Sorry you guys will miss the meeting. We still had a dinner planned from school tonight, but they were afraid we'd have a ton of food (we dont really) so they got us a GC to bob evans. I think we'll go there since I have to go get groceries. Of course its pouring right now and the temp is dropping. :( Supposed to have flurries mixed in but no accumulation. High around 40 tomorrow. ugh! (It was like 70 yesterday!)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 5:29pm
If you haven't seen on FB, we have a chicken staying here - it appeared in our yard this afternoon. I assume it belongs to someone, so it will stay here tonight. What do we need to do? How do we keep it from being attacked by neighborhood cats? (We don't have any chicken wire or similar.) More later...

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 5:59pm
Hilarie, chickens will go up in trees to roost to stay out of trouble. I wouldn't worry too much. Of course I'm used to ones like oak trees, not palm trees. Do you have trees other than palms in your yard?

Laura, I have a little tiny 31 bag. A mom gave it to me as a going away gift from the IN school. I was so touched! I love it, too. We use it to take snacks places with us. I'd love to have another!

Lori, enjoy eating out tonight! Hope you can stay dry. It is super cold here today. I assume you are on the front side of the front that came through here yesterday. It's nice to see the sun though.

Can you believe the lady who took over the auction database in IN from me had to call me today for help? She's living in OH now and someone else new has taken over. But this new one found out she's pregnant and it looks like someone else is going to have to do it! Crazy! Anyway, the lady who called today I really, really like so it was no big deal. I still had to go in and fix it up for the current year. It's going to be crazy for the committee though. Supposedly, they are not allowed to get new software, which they desperately need. Then they wouldn't have to worry about finding someone who can manage Access. I guess I never knew there would be so few people who know how to do that. Or at least, who know how and would volunteer for it. Big difference. :)

I have also been making lots of calls and getting lots of business done I never get to do because of working during the day. I didn't get to do everything, but I did a LOT!

Back to work tomorrow, it looks like. He's kept everything down today but isn't really eating more than crackers. We're still not going to Cubs Scouts. He emptied the dishwasher because he was feeling better, but he would do a little, then need to rest. He's so into doing chores. Do you know I haven't done dishes for two weeks?!? I wonder how long I can keep this going? :)

Wendi

Photobucket

Pages