Daily Chatter 11-19-12
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 6:48am

Morning.

Happy Thanksgiving week.  :)

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 8:37am

Yay - Thanksgiving week!  Not that I'm so excited about Thanksgiving, but I love the short work week!  :)

Wendi, that's awesome that T did well on stage and I hope he was inspired by watching the older kids, too.  Good luck getting your license renewed by Tuesday!  I'm looking forward to decorating for Christmas, too.  I thought DH would have gotten some stuff out by now, but not yet.  He's off today, so maybe he can start on outdoor lights today?

The zoo Girl Scout sleepover was decent.  Except there was a 4-hour OUTDOOR zoo tour that we didn't know about.  In 55 degree weather.  And few of us had real coats.  It turned out to be only 2 hours, because it was cold so many of the animals were indoors/unavailable.  Phew.  We slept little and Megan and I had to leave by 6:30 so DH could be at work by 7:00.  Oh, and Megan wet her sleeping bag (which we kept quiet so other kids wouldn't know).  What a night.  (She hasn't wet the bed in years - so it was weird!)

DH has today, Wed, Thur, and Friday day off (he works late Friday).  At least that's the schedule right now.  Who knows what it will say when he goes in to work tomorrow.  Nice to have all that time with him/us/all off!

Hmmm...what's new with you all?  It was quiet on here this weekend!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 12:21pm
I'm here, I tried to post earlier, but it kept freezing up. Let's try this again!!

We had a nice weekend. My Mom and I brought the kids to a local state park/zoo and we all had a good time. The weather was perfect so it was a nice time. DH got home from deer camp yesterday without anything although we'll be heading there for Thanksgiving on Wednesday so he'll have another chance.

Hilarie, Glad DH will get time off this week, sounds like it's better than he originally thought. Too bad about Megan at the sleepover - glad you guys were able to keep it quiet, she would have been embarrassed. Oh, and awesome to the weight loss!! I'm a far cry from my pre-pregnacy weight.

Wendi, Yay to T's recital going so well. Happy Birthday - just so I don't forget!!! Are you guys heading anywhere for Thanksgiving this year? My Mom and I do Black Friday (sort of), we get there when we get there and we work with whatever is still there.

Lori, Glad the musical went well. I hope you managed to get a nap sometime over the weekend.

Laura, sorry about Tess, at least you won't have to worry about her while you're away? How did the girls do? Enjoy your vacation - Dallas right?

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 3:14pm
Wow, its quiet on here today. Hilarie, yay for the weight loss. So does dh not have to work black Friday now? One year we went to the rain forest at our zoo over Christmas break. It didnt take very long, so we went to the zoo too. We had our family from GA here, and they weren't quite ready for it, so we made it quick, but it was fun. Andrea, glad you had a nice weekend. Nap? Whats that? ;) One day of the short week down!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 3:20pm

Andrea, sounds like a nice weekend. Sorry DH didn't have any luck - maybe next time. So you'll spend Thanksgiving up there? Will you have a traditional dinner?

DH works Friday, but (as of right now - who knows how long it will last), he is scheduled to work 7 PM - 4 AM. Awful, but at least it's not the 21-hour shift that it was!

Lori, do you work 3 days this week? The kids here get Wednesday off, so it's only a 2-day school week.

It occurs to me that we need to make plans and shop for our Thanksgiving food. We don't even have a menu yet!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 5:56pm

Yes, we go 3 days this week, but we get next Monday off...so still a 5 day weekend!  Yay! 

Hilarie----turkey, stuffing, noodles, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (not for me thanks), green beans, corn, pie.  And rolls.  :)  There, menu done.  :D

By 5:30 dinner was over and the dishes were done.  Someone from church stopped while I was doing dishes and brought us a gift card to Walmart.  They do a harvest table at church and take donations to help the needy before Thanksgiving, in case they need to get food for it.  They've given us one in the past....it was for $25.  This year its for $65!  I wont use it for Thanksgiving, but I'll use it to help with Christmas.  Its greatly appreciated.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 9:11pm
Lori, yay for the Walmart card!!! Our menu is something like that: small turkey breast only, scalloped potatoes (after some discussion, they won over mashed), corn, pie, and maybe rolls/biscuits. Maybe something green, too. I thought DH would want sweet potatoes, but he decided it wasn't worth it just for him.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 10:20pm
I have had a difficult last four days. For example, tonight we came home and settled into our regular routine. I called my mom to talk for the first time in a few weeks (we IM more than talk) then DH walked in. He asked if we didn't have scouts tonight since we were home. HOLY COW! It was time for it to start right then! That's about how everything seems to go lately. Hoping things go better the rest of the week. I'm trying to think positive!!

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-20-2012 - 8:42am

Wendi - oops! Will you get a few days to relax over the weekend? I can't remember if you're staying home for the holiday or going somewhere.

Ugh - just found out that the half marathon I'm considering is 95% full, so I really need to decide and register! (Luckily it's also $15 off today only, so that's something.) It sounds so hard, but I think I need to do something difficult, to push myself. It'll be good for me - right?

Also trying to decide whether to pull the girls out of school on Friday for our last Disney weekend on our annual passes. There's a lot we want to do for only 2 days. Hmmm...

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-20-2012 - 11:09am

Well, I registered. It popped up to 97% full (probably because of the $15 off deal), so I pulled the trigger. NERVOUS!!!!

I miss you all. It's so quiet on here lately!

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-20-2012 - 11:59am
Busy again today - they were supposed to come and audit my credit card files this morning, but called a half an hour ahead of time and cancelled. I wasn't exactly upset, but would have preferred a bit more notice!! At least I have everything in order!!

We'll have a traditional dinner at my parents cabin - turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, cranberry sauce, and rolls. I think Mom said this year she's making pecan, pumpkin and chocolate cream pies - the chocolate is my Dad's favorite and his birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year.

Hilarie, your girls don't have Friday off? Around here the schools get Thursday and Friday - makes for a nice long weekend. Good for you registering for the run. When will it be?

Lori, Yay to the Walmart card - that will help with Christmas!!! Do people come to your house for Thanksgiving dinner or do you go to someone else's?

Wendi - oops to the scout meeting last night!!! I guess DH was a little surprised to see you guys when he got home?

Pages