Daily Chatter 11-26-12

iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 11-26-12
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 8:34am

I fear starting the new thread...

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 8:41am

I tried to start this thread and it gave me some "unknown node" error! But the post is here. iVillage is really pissing me off!

Let's see what I can remember...

Lori, glad you got your decorations up. Did you do the outside lights, too? LOL to having to buy the beanbag chairs with the kids there. Oops! Glad you got the pool table, too!

Laura, sorry MIL is so weird. That's funny that she needs credit for everything. It sounds like a nice trip, though.

Wendi, I kept thinking "why doesn't she just decorate, then?" - but I see, you were out of town. :) Glad you're back - now you can get to decorating! Oh, and I agree - your post wasn't there when I looked the first time, either.

Did I get most everything? I battled with iVillage this morning quite a bit, just to re-read all the weekend posts, then to manage to start a post. So hopefully I didn't forget anything major.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 8:48am

We ended up going to the American Girl store in Atlanta. Just the girls and I. I think I mentioned that Megan wanted the 2012 doll (McKenna), and the lady on the phone told me that she wouldn't be available after Christmas. So my plan to give them the trip for Christmas wasn't going to work. I did tell them that this was a huge part of their Christmas gift, so hopefully Christmas won't be too disappointing for them.

The store is amazing/crazy. I'm so glad we got there just after opening. The guy I talked to said it just gets busier and busier as the day goes on. Just so much to look at! The kids were really great and not asking for everything - so I ended up buying them a couple of things. And spending more money than I intended to! They (the kids) did buy the dolls themselves - with their own money. But still, add up two outfits (one each), two dogs, and the pajamas I snuck in there for an actual Christmas surprise, and it's still a pretty penny!

We had a decent weekend together. Pretty low-key. Just hung out. And the drive wasn't as bad as usual - probably because the sunny weather helps it all go smoother.

DH's work schedule got messed up, though. He worked Friday night - all night. Saturday night, he only worked about 4 hours (and they called everyone else on that shift to not come in at all). Last night, he only got about 2 hours - same deal. I'm trying to get him to call in today, because they said "we couldn't reach you", but he didn't have any missed calls. Maybe they have his phone number wrong? Anyway, he might not have to work overnight tonight, unless Cyber Monday is really busy. Annoying that they messed up his sleep schedule and he hardly got any work hours!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 9:33am
Wendi-Too funny that you were gone & we didn't know. Tell DH you were a good girl about that! Who was giving you attitude about not helping in the kitchen? Other family members? Ugh. Sorry. Hilarie-Sounds like a fun weekend away. Too bad DH & work are struggling to find that groove. I've never been to an American Girl store, but looks amazing. Maybe someday we'll go-but my girls really have no interest in the dolls, so maybe not. I spent most of yesterday cleaning & getting ready for my parents to be here. I leave for Vegas tomorrow in the early afternoon & they get here sometime later in the day. So DH has to take the afternoon off tomorrow to hang with Lacey & do things with the girls. Even a b-day party at the carousel. Isn't he lucky?!?!?! ;) Then I get back at 11:55pm on Thursday. Going to be a long work week for me for sure! Think I'll take a little time off today & maybe Friday too to catch up on things.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 9:38am
Morning All, We had a nice weekend. Did a little shopping Friday, and DH got a deer on Friday so he was happy. We got home late Saturday so yesterday was spent catching up and prepping and freezing venison. This morning Harry woke up with a fever so DH stayed home with him this morning and I'll take the afternoon shift.

Hilarie, Glad you guys finally got to an American Girl Store - they are pretty amazing. I usually have to make sure before we go that Phoebe knows how much she is allowed to get! By the way today they have their annual Cyber Monday deals - they are pretty cheap is there is anything you like. It does sell out fast though!! Sorry about DH's hours getting all screwed up!

Lori, Glad you got most of your shopping done - we pulled out a few Christmas decorations, but we will probably do it all this weekend. I still have to take a few Thanksgiving things down.

Laura, Glad you guys had a good trip. Sorry MIL has to be like that - we have a guy at work like that, it can be the most minor thing, but he has to make sure everyone knows he did it.

Wendi, Glad you guys had a good trip, and did your part for Small Business Saturday.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 10:44am

Andrea, I just got a few Cyber Monday things at AG. :) I wouldn't have, but Allison wanted panties for her doll. (Why didn't it come with any??) So I looked and found a couple of other cute/cheap items. Under $30 total (including shipping), so not too bad. Glad you had a good weekend and DH got that deer! Harry gets a lot of fevers, doesn't he?

Laura, I forgot about Vegas. Ugh. But only two days - at least it's a quick trip. I hope it's not too painful for all of you.

I have too many emails/IMs flying in at work. I'm getting overwhelmed and getting nothing done. I hope they stop so I can work in peace!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 11:34am
Hi all. Got up and got busy so this is my first time checking the computer today. Got a lot done though. :) Hilarie, glad you guys had a nice weekend. Also glad my girls have no interest in AG stuff! :) Sorry about dh's hours. Laura, do you get to have some fun on your business trip? Andrea, yay for dh getting a deer, and for a nice weekend. Hope Harry feels better quick! And I couldn't see Wendi's post at first either...and her idea was a good one. ;) Last load of laundry in the dryer. Sigh... (All folded/hung and put away too!) I have the Christmas boxes to put back in the attic. (Hoping dh will stop by later and do that for me) Have most of the floors vacuumed (except under the boxes), dishes washed, counters wiped... Alexis is cooking today. She made pancakes for breakfast, and Maddy wanted to bring me breakfast in bed. I was in the shower and came out to find pancakes and grapes on my bed. ;) (She said she knew we needed some fruit too---good girl) Ali has pork chops in the crock pot and crack potatoes mixed up to put in the oven when we get back from the movie. (Did I tell you the pastor gave us $100 to go to something fun to keep our minds off of other things? We're using part of this money for the movie) She also has homemade rolls rising. We just baked the pie crusts so now I'm going to show her how to do the filling. Chocolate pie---and not pudding filled! Cooked, real chocolate pie. Mmmmm, the best ever! My brother should be here for dinner. He might be mildly impressed, lol.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 12:23pm

Lori - what a day!!! How do I get some of that going on at my house??? Sounds delicious - and awesome to have someone else doing a lot of the cooking!

We had dinner with my brother on the way up to Atlanta. (The boys were with their mom and she "couldn't possibly" make them available for a quick visit from the girls.) My brother told me a horrifying story that - I'm sad to say - doesn't shock me as much as it should. His former ILs seem like really "iffy" people. They move around from business to business, house to house - when one thing fails or they don't pay rent, etc. It's like they can't see past today and what they can gain today. They're "church" people - which just makes it worse in my eyes. (The boys' mom also doesn't pay child support - because she "can't afford" the $37 per week or whatever paltry amount she's supposed to pay to take care of her children.)

Well, they started their own church about a month ago. To get people's money basically. My brother said they got a bunch of grants for starting the church. I don't know who they could con into going to their church, but whatever. Well, my bro got a call last week from a loan officer stating that he needed a copy of bro's license to complete the loan application. DB played it coy at first, to get the info, but HE DID NOT APPLY FOR A LOAN. Ex-wife filled out a loan application for the church in HIS NAME - and even forged his signature, etc. Over $21,000. Crazy-pants. He filed a police report and plans to file for full custody and get restraining orders against ex-wife and the grandparents. I just don't get how people think they can get away with that kind of thing. What is wrong with their heads??? Anyway, I hope it works out and he can get free from these people being "in" his life!!!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 4:49pm
Wow Hilarie, thats crazy! I hope everything works out for him! And, you have to wait for your kids to grow up a bit. ;) Wreck it Ralph was cute. I swear, 3D movies give me a headache! (The only reason we did 3D was because it was the early bird movie)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 5:31pm

Wow Hilarie!  That's crazy.  I sure hope your DB gets away from that family.  What a con!  Makes you want to warn the local newspaper or something where they are starting the church.

Lori-Glad the movie was cute-but sorry it gave you a headache.  Nice to get out & do something fun like that. 

Andrea-Great that DH got his deer.  This afternoon we have a big buck in our front yard chasing a poor doe.  She is trying to get away from him.  I was afraid they'd be "dancing" when the bus pulled up.  I sure wish we could kill them in our yard...

I had a much busier day than I wanted to have.  But that's ok.  I forgot that Calla needs stuff from the Christmas Giving Tree for Brownies on Friday-so we have to go do that in a few minutes & then get Lacey, eat dinner & off to dance.  DH is going to work late because he has to take time off tomorrow to hang with Lacey.  And-no-I don't get to do anything fun in Vegas...I don't even have a car this time.  One of my co-workers is picking me up tomorrow evening & then I'll probably have to go eat with him & another guy.  I don't know either of them very well-so not excited about it.  Maybe on Wed night I'll go out to dinner with my boss & his wife-but I don't know that for sure-they usually take me out when I'm there though. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 7:34am
Morning!

Man, was it a crazy day for us yesterday, lots of running around. After school we grabbed some food (lunch for me), ran by the house (thought I left the curling iron on, didn't), ran to the kennel, came home and dropped dog and boy, ran to Cub Scout planning meeting, grabbed food for me, finally home. Breathe. I'm hoping today is much calmer.

I saw the most beautiful moonset this morning! It was amazing.

Guess I should get ready for work. There is never enough time in bed, is there? :)

Wendi

Photobucket

Pages