iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 11-5-12
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 8:11am

Morning.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 8:15am

Is Quick Reply not working for anyone else??

Geez, how is it November already???

Wendi, sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend!  Glad your Halloween went well and you got enough candy, even if you didn't find the "perfect" thing to do.

Lori, how are you?  What's new?

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 8:51am
Morning

It's getting chilly here!! We woke up to 29 degrees this morning!! It's supposed to warm up into the 50's today and tomorrow though. Tomorrow night we're are supposed to have a nor'easter come in and last through Wednesday - not good for the people who still don't have power!! DH managed to find gas yesterday morning early - he went out as soon a he got up, by the time we went out later the lines were backing up again. They've actually instituted rationing in some areas. Tomorrow Phoebe doesn't have school because of election day so DH and I are taking her into the city - Harry will stay at daycare. She wants to got to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to see the Egyptian exhibit. I'm sure we'll do some other minor site seeing as well. We were a little concerned we wouldn't be able to go, but they have gotten the trains running again and all the places we'll be are in midtown so they didn't lose power.

Laura, our generator does run on the natural gas that comes into the house for the furnace and hot water. I can't imagine if I had to go looking for gas just to keep the generator running!! Glad you are feeling better! Is Lacey still enjoying all her knew toys?

Wendi, sounds like a nice weekend - I agree it seems like already we've gotten into the whirlwind that leads up to Christmas!!! We were at Target on Saturday and Phoebe asked me - Mom what happened to Thanksgiving? They were already putting up all the Christmas stuff.

Hilarie, I'm using quick reply, but who knows - it seems like every time I got on the boards something is working differently.

Lori, How are things? Still keeping you in my thoughts!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 9:09am

Wendi-Wow to filling his bucket in 15 homes.  That's impressive.  We went to a LOT more than that.  Glad the party went well too.  I'm jealous of your nothing weekend! 

Hilarie-My quick reply seemed to be working-but went to full reply so it wasn't abig mess of blech.  And-I agree that time is passing much too quickly right now.  We leave for vacation in less than 2 weeks. 

Lori-Hope all is going ok there. 

Andrea-Hope you had a good weekend.

Things are ok here.  Tess had a really bad day yesterday.  :(  She just ate a tiny bit of soft food for breakfast-but not all of it.  So we made her an egg & she ate that.  We went for a little hike in the afternoon & she seemed ok at the start, but on the way back to the car she just sat down & didn't want to keep going.  It was very hard to see.  We ended up having to walk pretty slowly right next to her & keep encouraging her to keep coming.  We stopped at DQ on the way home (they close from the weekend after Halloween until the weekend of Valentine's day so it was their last day) and she wouldn't even eat her dog cone.  So hard for me to see.  She ate a bit of dinner, and hasn't eaten any breakfast today.  Sigh.  I keep telling myself, she's just a dog, but that isn't helping much.  Not sure what we'll do. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 9:49am
Andrea-I seem to miss your posts every time I write lately. Strange. Sounds like a good trip into the city. Glad it is up & going enough that you aren't worried about getting there & back. I forgot to whine about the time change. Ugh! Both girls were exhausted last night-but couldn't fall asleep "early" with the new time & both up at 6:20am today. They were both fed, dressed & totally ready to go by 7:10am-but the bus doesn't come until 8:03 so I'm letting them watch more tv. Great parenting!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 10:11am
Ugh to the time change - Harry usually gets up a little after 5 - today it was 4:15!!! We manged to get him back to sleep, but we never really fell back to sleep.

Sorry Tess wasn't doing well yesterday - hope today is better.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 10:22am

Andrea, BRRR!  I heard it was supposed to be bad - especially for those still without power.  I saw gas lines on tv last night - it seems surreal to me - like we just shouldn't have problems like that in this day and age.  :(   The trip to the city sounds amazing - what a cool kid that wants to go to an art museum!  Mine would never choose that...

Laura, I'm sorry Tess has such a rough day yesterday.  It's so hard to go through.  When my cat died of cancer, I was glad it went fairly quick - as in, I could see him decline and I knew it was "time".  I was glad I knew and had peace about the decision to put him to sleep.  Pets are lovely - it's hard to think they can't always be with us.  :(

DH started late today (because they were drug testing more new employees at 8:00).  I think he'll still get off at 5:00, though.  I hate not knowing his schedule.  I like to be able to plan - to know what's coming.  Blah.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 10:26am
Question for you all re: girl scouts. So Allison's troop STILL hasn't started. I've talked to the mom who's supposed to lead and she's not getting approved quickly. As in, she has to scan/send some forms and isn't doing it! She asked me to be co-leader, so I filled out the forms, sent them, and got my approval last week. So I know it doesn't take this long! (We've been waiting since September!) I do NOT want to be the main leader. But I feel so bad that these kids are waiting and this other lady isn't getting it done. What do I do? Do I sign Allison up for another troop? Do I start the troop myself with the understanding that the other lady is "in charge", but I'll get it going while she's not approved? I was thinking of this all night (even in my dreams) - it's just really bothering me. And, first thing this morning, Allison asked me when her girls scouts will start. Funny timing on her having it on her mind, too.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 2:52pm
Too quiet... No one is entertaining me....

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 2:56pm
Too bad the leader isn't getting her paperwork in - I'd be hesitant to volunteer to get things started - what if she never gets stuff submitted and you end up the leader? I think I would "shop around" and see if there are any other troops she could get into. I got caught like that with the Parents Board at daycare when Phoebe was little. What started out as being just a member, turned into being the president of the board - Yikes!! Mostly because the majority of officers no longer had children at daycare so they moved on and I was left as the only returning member!! I'm like you, I don't mind helping out from time to time, but I would not want to be the leader.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 3:09pm
Hilarie-I would just go ahead & start things going. You may as well. If she doesn't get her act together it may never happen. And-how bad can it be... ;) I guess if you just tell the parents that unless you get help you will only organize 4 meetings for the year then someone will have to help. And-there are tons of easy things to do for the meetings. Guess I'm in the "I can do it" type of mood. Just got back from a lunch time walk with DH & Tess. She did great! I was impressed with her. Also heard back from the vet & we are going to try a different drug. I still hope to talk to him as it was his assistant that called-but said he was busy & hopefully would call this afternoon. I need to ask some serious questions-but nice to at least have an option.

Pages