iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 12-17-12
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 6:57am

Morning.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 7:02am

Sorry I didn't post this weekend.  With having to sign in every time, then it resets where I'm reading...I just dont have the time to mess.  Sigh...  I also haven't finished reading from last week, but I'll get to it.

Hope everyone is feeling well in this last week before Christmas.

I had a migraine from h**l on Saturday.  I haven't had one that bad in a LONG time.  I got up, showered, took the little girls to church for dress rehearsal, came home took something, ate a little breakfast, put a roast in the crock pot  and went back to bed.  Got up and did that thing.  Stayed in bed til almost 1:00!!!  (Not sleeping, but not moving...)  Finally felt good enough to get up and clean a bit.  Then my dad came with my great aunt. 

Sunday was the Christmas program at church.  They did a good job.  Then the young youth group (grades 4-6) did a live nativity last night.  It was cool too.  They had animals (calf, goat and camel!) and someone read the Christmas story.  I'll post pics later.

Now its back to the grind for one more week...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 7:36am
Morning,

I finally feel like we got caught up this weekend. I managed to get a good portion of wrapping done, got the mountains of laundry put away, and the house if finally back to a reasonable state! Now we just need no more surprises! Tomorrow Phoebe and I go into the city to see the Rockettes. She's really excited about it, of course skipping school for the day doesn't hurt either!

Lori, Sorry about the migraine - every once and a while I get one like that and it sucks!!! Glad the Christmas program was nice.

\

Wendi, I'm with Hilarie - online shopping is wonderful!!!! Most of the companies are pretty good about keeping their boxes nondescript too.

Hilarie, What's the deal with not seeing the whole show? Did they think the kids wouldn't sit through the whole thing? I have to admit I would have been annoyed too. So did you get any painting done?

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 7:57am

Lori, that headache sounds awful! Are you feeling better today? Wow - someone had a camel to bring to the nativity? I bet that was really neat (the whole thing, not just the camel)!

Andrea, yay for being "caught up"! I was just reading about the Rockettes yesterday. I'd love to see them. And go to NYC, especially near Christmas! Have a great time!

I painted and painted and painted this weekend. Yuck. One coat on the ceiling (because the prior owners got dark green paint in at least 10 spots on the ceiling and it just had to be done). One coat of primer on all the walls. One coat of paint on 3 walls (ran out of paint, so I'd better not need another coat!). The 4th wall will be a darker "accent wall". DH keeps wanting one. I'm not so into them, but I decided the guest room was a good place to allow it. We ran out of roller covers, so I probably won't get to that wall until maybe tomorrow. It's such a HUGE difference from the dark green. The room looks a million times better/lighter already!

Tonight's crazy. I think it will go: Dance - with observation for both kids (usually you can't see anything, but they allow it tonight), I might take Allison by Wendy's for a quick bite then take her to girl scouts to get her signed up. DH can take Megan for a more leisurely dinner elsewhere. After 20 minutes at girl scouts, we need to leave to go to cheer. But they want to talk to all the parents at girl scouts tonight, so I'm hoping DH will stay at cheer while I go back to the girl scout meeting to get the info. Everyone home by 7:15. Whew. Not ideal, but it's just one time... Tomorrow the girls get to try that other gymnastics place. Then I'm hoping if they decide to do gymnastics that I can get our 30-day notice in for dance this week.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 11:56am
Good luck with your crazy night Hilarie!! Phoebe has Brownies tonight, but luckily it's right after school in the cafeteria so she just walks down to the meeting and I pick her up later.

What color did you end up painting the guest room? By the way, I'm with you - I hate painting ceilings!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 12:51pm
It's gray now. It was a choice between all the walls being a darker gray or 3 being lighter and one being darker. We went with choice 2 because DH was concerned about the room being dark and he just wanted to do the "accent wall" thing. Fine by me. I haven't seen the dark color yet (I mean, the wall isn't painted), but I like it so far.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 3:18pm
I miss everyone posting more. I miss Wendi posting regularly (I understand it's work, Wendi - I don't blame you). I just miss "the good old days".... (Poor neglected Hilarie...)

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 6:26pm

Hi everyone-Crazy few days around here.  But we're almost done.  We have our dance "party" tonight.  Just eating pizza & watching the video of their performance yesterday.  The silent auction made just shy of $1300 so I was happy with that.  We got another $400 of donations too.  Happy dance. 

Hilarie-Ugh to all the painting.  That might kill me right now.  Hope your crazy Monday isn't too bad.

Andrea-Glad you are getting caught up on everything. 

Lori-Sorry your migraine was so bad.  :(  That's a rotten way to spend the weekend.  Hope you get a chance to relax soon.

Tomorrow I need to mail things (yes-I still haven't mailed stuff!)  Lacey has Kindermusik & Calla has violin.  Then I need to get some tie quilts cut out & ready to go to Calla's class on Thursday.  They are going to do that during their class party & wrap presents too.  I think that's better than just sitting around eating & watching a movie.  Well-I need to go get myself ready to go to the dance thing & get thepiles prepared for going into boxes.  (Yes-I don't even have the boxes yet either!)  And-I think I'll be sending out Valentine's cards this year...  :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 6:55pm

LOL to Valentines cards Laura. I just wrote all my Christmas cards today. Then I tried to order school photos to send to the grandparents (with the cards). Two trips to Walgreens and I still don't have the photos, but at least they finally got the order on the computer - sheesh!

Your silent auction did a great job - wow! Have fun at the party tonight!

I didn't make it back for the girl scout cookie sales pitch. Too much in one night (especially when you add in fighting with Walgreens photo). But everything else went off just fine. Whew.

Megan's teacher sent home a letter saying they're having a class party on Thursday (2.5 days away) and could everyone send in all these food items - oh and they need volunteers. Ugh. 2.5 days notice. I'm not volunteering, but I'll send in some food.

Well, 5 minutes until I leave for my 3rd trip to Walgreens. I could wait until tomorrow, but at this point I feel like I have to "beat" them. They're trying to do me in!

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 8:02pm

Ok, I'm  going to see how much I remember...

Andrea, yay for getting the house back in order.   Have a great day tomorrow!  I'd be so excited!

Hilarie, yay for getting lots of painting done.  What duvet did you decide on?  Sorry about the Walgreens mess up, but glad you're getting it done.  I have no clue if my kids are having Christmas parties...

Laura, lol at valentine's day cards.  I'm going to write out just a few more tonight.  I didnt send a lot, but I sent some as Thank yous for things from my mom's sickness/funeral/etc.  Yay for a great auction!

Came home from school and went shopping.  And just got home at 7:30.  Ugh!  It was more for my aunt than me.  We had fun though (Alexis went too). 

And, I swear we're getting hammered with sickness at school.  We had 43 kids out today (we have about 170 total in the school).  Its just crazy.  One of our kindergartens had 6 kids in it!  Taking lots of vitamins, lots of hand washing, lots of rest and lots of OJ going on here! 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 8:11pm
LOL to having to "beat" Walgreens!!! I hate it when things like that happen. Good Luck!!

Laura, Ha! to Valentine cards - it will be here before you know it!!!

Pages