Daily Chatter 12-24-2012 - Christmas Eve!

iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 12-24-2012 - Christmas Eve!
Mon, 12-24-2012 - 12:51pm

No one has started the thread yet??  At 1:00??

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-24-2012 - 12:55pm

I was checking last week's thread and then I realized it was Monday.  Silly me.

Happy Christmas eve, everyone!  I hope you're all enjoying your day!

I made it out this morning.  Quick pop-ins to TJMaxx (stupid gift card I keep trying to use), Michael's, Dollar Tree, Staples (because those stores are all in one strip mall), then Target.  Still need to head to the grocery store.  Ugh.  The others were all super-fast and awesome at 8:00 this morning!

Just finally ordered our calendars.  The ones that are supposed to be Christmas gifts for the grandparents.  Oops.  I just couldn't get motivated this year!  Well, I'll tell them they're "in the mail", which is at least honest, as of now.  :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-24-2012 - 3:11pm
Merry Christmas Eve!

DB and SIL came yesterday and left this afternoon. We had a mini Christmas with them - the kids had fun. Picked up the ham this morning and a few veggies, other than that we're hanging around. We're supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow tonight - yay!!! It will be nice to wake up to a white Christmas! I have everything prepped for breakfast tomorrow morning and finished the wrapping so once the kids are in bed we can put everything out and hopefully get a good nights sleep!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-24-2012 - 4:08pm
Andrea-Sounds like a fun few days. Nice to get some pretty snow too. Enjoy!..............................Hilarie-Glad your trip out was fast & easy. Hope you get to the store too................................ We've had a nice day again. Did a bunch of little things around the house & then I ran out for stocking stuffers for all of us & to the grocery store for 5 last things. Now one of my old friends is coming over with his new girlfriend to visit for a bit & then an old old family friend will come over tonight for dinner. We are skipping church because they have services at 7pm & 11pm. The 7pm one is really even too late since we wouldn't get home until 9ish & the girls need to be in bed much earlier than that. They are tired today & need more sleep! And-I know they'll wake up at 6am-but we've told them they can't get up until 7-but we'll see if that really works or not. ........................... Merry Christmas to you all! I hope you have a wonderful day.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-25-2012 - 12:15pm
Merry Christmas, all! I hope you're having a blessed day with family/friends/everyone!

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-25-2012 - 4:09pm
Merry Christmas!

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-25-2012 - 6:35pm

Merry Christmas Everyone!

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-26-2012 - 8:53am

Whew. Christmas was good - got my Kindle Paperwhite, which is all I asked for. The kids love their tablets, and they got a lot of craft/makeup kits from family, so they're in heaven with those!

Our plumbing decided that nothing was going to exit our house, just about as we were getting dinner ready. UGH. So, stuff backed up everywhere, no shower for me, no rinsing dishes, etc. I've called a plumber (today), so hopefully they'll fix us up and not too expensively!!!!

How are you all?? Is everyone still off work? I have to work W-F, but it's more low-key (and no one will be around). And DH works today and Friday.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-26-2012 - 9:30am
Good morning and Merry Christmas! .................... Hilarie, hope the sewer situation gets fixed quickly this morning! Ugh! I am home :) and DH is working. He went in late (7:30) because he is covering for someone taking off this week. So nice to sleep in at home. .......................... We have been traveling but very quickly everywhere. This year with the weekend we fit both grandparents in for Christmas. Usually we just do one on Christmas and one on New Year's Day. I liked it. Now we get a whole week home to hang out and get some stuff done. Yay! We were even able to celebrate Christmas in our own home for the first time since we started moving, that I can remember at least. We got back last night and found Santa had come so we opened our gifts. ................................ My mom is in the blizzard this morning. Both her and DB are working right now so I don't know how things are. ILs were supposed to get a few inches so we left a bit earlier. I don't know that they got any snow at all. Funny how the weather works. We weren't even in the running for any of it. ............................ T received duplicate gifts (if they would just ask me I would be glad to give a list, grr) so he is dying to go to Walmart and get something else. I don't know if I am willing to do that today. Maybe later there won't be lines. ....................... I'm just happy to be home for a while............. Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-26-2012 - 11:30am
Hi all....sounds like nice Christmases for us all. Christmas Eve we spent the day getting things ready and cooking, then went to the nursing home to eat with my Grandma. It started snowing while we were there, and even though we just got a dusting, the roads were awful on the way home. No white Christmas. :( But it was good. Did really well until my brother left, then had a mini meltdown.... decided to just go to bed then (9:00) and not deal with anyone else. Today is a whole other story-----we're blizzarding here. We're already under a level 1 emergency....I expect that to go up as the day goes on. We're supposed to be at my dad's, but the weather has prevented that from happening. We're just chillin'. I washed up the dishes from yesterday, the girls are playing, my dad's cousin just had to run to town and is not back yet, so its almost time to start worrying, and I'm thinking about putting the pool table together.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-26-2012 - 12:35pm

Wendi, I'm glad you'll have some down time at home to do "whatever"! Nice that you could get all the visits out of the way on one weekend. More relaxing now!

Lori, I was thinking of you yesterday. I'm sure it's hard. Sounds like a nice day, though, other than the white Christmas coming a day late! Good luck with the pool table.

Plumbers came. The snaked the vent pipe (on the roof). It started raining just before they got here. Then it started POURING (Florida pouring - the really hard kind). I felt SO BAD. It took them a couple of tries, but they finally got the clog with a 100-foot snake. Whew. Only bad thing is that they pushed out TONS of water into our bathroom, since the toilet was off. I sopped it all up. But I still have to scrub down the whole room with bleach. SO not looking forward to that. Sucks. Hopefully I'll just power through and get it done and off my to-do list. Soon...

Pages