Daily Chatter 12-24-2012 - Christmas Eve!

iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 12-24-2012 - Christmas Eve!
Mon, 12-24-2012 - 12:51pm

No one has started the thread yet??  At 1:00??

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-26-2012 - 9:24pm
Lori, big hugs for you! Glad to hear you are safe and had a Merry Christmas. Hilarie, oh no to the soggy plumbers! I have lots of visions of soggy pants showing soggy ah-hem. :) So glad they could fix it in one day. I'm trying to just use the return key for paragraphs. This time it remembered me and took me to the newest posts. We'll see how it goes! Crossing fingers! I took T to Walmart today to exchange one gift that was a duplicate. It's only the second time in his life it has happened. The last time we left the toy at ILs for their toy box but this time T really wanted to give it to his cousin. Funny thing was his parents were getting him one, too. We decided to trade it in. We went late in the day and the line wasn't bad at all. Even check out was pretty good. Hanging out tonight. I told T he has until Friday to play however and with whatever he wants. Then it's clean, clean, clean. Tomorrow I have to work for a bit. I hope I can get lots done there. Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-26-2012 - 9:27pm
Crud to the paragraphs ................. Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-27-2012 - 9:58am
Morning, We had a very nice Christmas, the kids got more than enough stuff so they were happy. Unfortunately I managed to get whatever DH had late Christmas night so I spent most of yesterday on the couch. Back at work today though. We got about 6 inches of snow last night so we did get to come in late today so today will be short. Saturday we head up to my parents for New Years. Phoebe is going back with them today.

Hilarie - Yikes to the plumbing issues!! Glad you got them taken care of reasonably quickly, yuck to the clean up though.

Lori, How much snow did you end up with?

Wendi, Glad the exchange was relatively painless. Yay to having some time at home!!

Laura, when do you guys head back home?

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-27-2012 - 10:21am

So a few of us have to work today, eh? Wendi, why are you working when it's a school break??

Andrea, ugh to the sickness! Are you all better now, or still dealing with it? Yay for the snow! (I mean, if you like it. I'd be excited. But, then again, I've never lived in an area that gets much snow, so it's thrilling to me.)

The bathroom is cleaned up (yuck). DH is still working on the toilet, though. He had to buy shims. But he forgot a new supply hose. It should be ready late this morning, when he's back from Walmart. Grossest thing - I think some water got pushed into our washing machine, because it has that same "toilet water" smell. I washed it with bleach last night, but I have to re-wash a couple of loads of laundry that smell a bit, too. Blah. Hopefully then we'll be ALL DONE with this fiasco. :)

Today I'm working. DH is off today (his only day off while my mom is here). My mom is out for a walk and might take the kids to the park later. I'm enjoying some peace and quiet while the kids watch a movie. They are SO LOUD with my mom here. Crazy.

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-27-2012 - 12:16pm
Hilarie, I'm feeling pretty good now, but I'm just starting to eat again - crackers, toast, soup etc... If all of that goes okay I'll attempt something with a little more substance!! I still love the snow, we're actually supposed to get some more on Saturday. Yuck to having to rewash stuff!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-27-2012 - 1:28pm

Grumpy. PMS. Fine time for my mom to visit. ;-P

Andrea, glad you're feeling better!

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 10:16am

No one's posting. No one's posting. All alone! All alone! Whatever will I do now? Whatever will I do now? Come and play. Come and play. :)

Funny thing heard on the news last night: "They really only give you the freeze warning the first couple of times. After that, they figure all your plants have died, so it really doesn't matter". HAH! I thought it was hilarious that the weather guy said that!

Not much work to do today, so I'm just kind of hanging out. In my office. Quietly. :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 12:19pm
I'm here, I've been slowly working through some mandatory training since it's quiet. We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow, although it's supposed to be less up north at my parents so we should be able to get up there without a problem tomorrow morning. They did get over a foot yesterday though so Phoebe has been playing in the snow. Is your Mom still there?

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 1:16pm

Yes, my mom is still here until Wednesday morning. (Well, her flight is at 12:30, so late morning.) She's just hanging with the kids while I've been "working". Not sure what we'll do the next 4 days while I'm off but DH has to work.

The snow sounds wonderful. I want to reverse-winter places. I'd like to go somewhere with snow rather than the sun/warmth. :)

DH was talking about going to the apple store today (to see if that iPad we found can be fixed) and maybe to Costco. I'm sure my mom won't be thrilled with any of that, but it will be nice to get "out". :) (I guess we could always offer to go alone and she can just stay with the kids...)

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 2:58pm
I'm sorry, Hilarie, I thought I posted earlier. Yay for a calm work day. Maybe it will be nice to just go out with DH. Is your mom enjoying her time with the girls? ......................... Andrea, sorry to hear you've been under the weather, glad to hear your better! All that beautiful snow! I bet Phoebe is having a blast! ......................... We haven't started our cleaning marathon yet. I had to fill out another extension with our real estate agent :( and my mom popped up so we started chatting. That took some time. Then we had to run to town to pick up my contact order from like three weeks ago and run by the bank before the "holidays". So many places around here are closed Monday. It's so confusing. Now I need some down time before digging in. At least the machines are all running. ......................... Worked for a few hours yesterday then finished our estate planning. Now I can rest in peace. :D I crack me up! T and I then took our time and had a great time going shopping. DH is miserable with his cold. He has fever and chills but feels better with meds so he's still going to work. That's about all the excitement around here. ...................Wendi

Photobucket