Daily Chatter 12-24-2012 - Christmas Eve!

iVillage Member
Daily Chatter 12-24-2012 - Christmas Eve!
Mon, 12-24-2012 - 12:51pm

No one has started the thread yet??  At 1:00??

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 7:45pm
Grrrrr, I'm just so sick of my settings not working! >:( ........................... Andrea, glad you're feeling better. We got around 8" of snow or so. We're supposed to get 2-4 more tomorrow. I've had enough. :) The littles have been out playing in it a lot, but we cant seem to find all the boots we had. They were in the basement, so who knows where they are now.............................Hilarie, glad you got the drainage problem fixed, but ewwww to the clean up. Did you get out without the kids? I cant imagine having Christmas where its warm!.......................... Wendi, you crack me up too! LOL! Your dh should get some rest! Glad you got some stuff done..................The big girls and I had a big girls day out. We had a little money left from the "fun" money our pastor gave us, so we went to the movie. We saw Les Mis first, and yes I cried. Then we came out, went to the bathroom, got our tickets for the Hobbit and went in to see that. I really didnt know what it was about, so I asked several questions (I've never seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies either) and Alexis was just so upset at my lack of knowledge, lol. And I was appalled at the ending! Ugh! I forgot there were going to be more movies, so the cliff hanger wasn't expected! But we're home now, after a stop at Walmart after the movie. Tomorrow the family that's here might go visit more family in Cleveland, so we might get a little break. Not that they're any inconvenience. I'm actually not tired of having company. And since it was bad Wednesday, my dad, half brother and his wife came in and left today. So we really had a houseful last night.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 9:36pm

Lori, that's a good amount of snow. I hope you find the boots. Sounds like a great day with the big girls! (I don't know anything about The Hobbit, either.) Glad you're enjoying your guests!

Wendi, you crack me up, too! I hope DH feels better soon. Glad you're getting a lot done - hopefully you'll feel your break was a good one when it's over.

We all went out tonight (not just DH and I). Apple store was mobbed, so they told us to make a reservation to come back another time. (Seems weird.) They said they'll just replace the broken iPad we found for $250 (with a refurbished one). So we have to decide if we'd like to own an iPad for $250 (which is a good price) or just forget about it. Not sure what we'll do...

Not sure what we'll do this weekend. DH works 5-2 tomorrow and then 7-4 the next several days. Hmmm...

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 11:20pm

Hi all, I'll see what I can remember...We have been skiing and had no Internet for several days.  We had loads of fun, but the girls are exhausted.  We air at my parents for one more night, then to the hot springs, then to the ski hill then home.  

Wendi, glad wally world wasn't too bad.  Did you go to work or just work frommmmmhome?  I missed that.  Darn sticky m.....

Andrea, hope you are feeling better.  Sorry you were sick though.  Hope phoebe is having a blast in the snow.

Lori, I know nothing about those movies either.  Dh wants to go, but I just could care less about it. 

Hilarie, I would totally get an iPad for that price, I love the iPad Ick to the plumbing stuff, but glad it is fixed.  

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-29-2012 - 5:50pm
I forgot to say, I have to go in once a week when school is not in session to check mail and messages. I'll do that all summer also. I go in again Monday but that's so I can catch up a bit and apply any last minute payments onto 2012. ............... Oh, this sat here for a long time. We got a coin sorting machine so T's been running around looking for change. He also got a quarter collecting set (from book orders, I had his teacher sneak an order to me) for Christmas. ............... Not much cleaning going on here though. :) ............. Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-29-2012 - 11:15pm
Wendi-I guess I understand needing someone to go in to check on things. Fun to the change sorter. I think Calla would love that................... We got home tonight & the INDOOR temp was 44 degrees!!! Seriously! We turned the heat down to 62 when we left-but looks like it didn't run at all while we were gone. The poor plants are pretty dead & I'm not sure the fish are really moving much. At least Calla was tired of them-so won't be too tragic if they are gone. But everything is working fine now & the heat is slowly coming up. The girls are asleep under a mountain of blankets too. Crazy though. We stopped on the way home to go to the hot springs with my niece & her boyfriend. Was fun to see them & a nice way to break up the trip. We were going to stay until tomorrow-but my parents are leaving for CA on Tuesday & needed to get stuff put together for their trip so we figured it was easiest to leave today. Glad we did before there were any major problems at home. So glad it wasn't a terribly cold week!

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-30-2012 - 10:07am
Our house is nice and warm this morning. So glad to be home & nice to be back to "normal" around here. Time to attack the mountain of dirty clothes & make a Costco list. We are skipping church too. Slacker! ................... I was also wondering if anyone would be up for some type of challenge deal again this year? We lasted for a few months with it last year-but I would love to try again. I am going to lose weight this year & start exercising again. Just hoping that someone would help keep me accountable for it. Not sure if the format of last year worked well-but maybe if some of us had a common goal (exercise x number of days/week and lose x number of pounds or something like that-not that we all have to have the same goal) just something where we could check in & encourage everyone who wants to do it. Let me know if anyone is interested.

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-30-2012 - 10:30am

Hmmm... Apparently I didn't post yesterday. Odd...

The girls all went to the zoo yesterday afternoon. We saw more of the zoo than usual (most of it, just skipped a few things). It was a little chilly, but not too bad. My mom wore shorts, though (with her coat) - even though I said pants were the thing and made both my kids put pants on.

Laura, wow to the heat issue! Sorry about the plants and maybe fish. I wonder what happened! Glad it wasn't anything more serious and that it's all working fine today.

We skipped church today, too. (Or "are skipping", I guess, since there's only one service and it hasn't actually started yet.) I've been working on the kids' laundry - it got backed up with the sewage incident, so I had 3 loads of theirs to wash! Today we'll go do something - not sure what yet - but it's only supposed to get up to mid-50s today. Brrr!

Laura, I didn't like the format last time - I think because those weren't "my" goals. We used to do posts where everyone posted their own goals for the day/week and then we checked in to see how everyone did. So there was accountability, but it was on individual goals/results.

Lori, did you ever get that table together? What else are you up to? You've been quiet!

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-30-2012 - 4:21pm
Hi.....................I'm quiet because I hate having to sign in every time, then finding the last place I read, etc. Grrrrrr. I dont think its a setting on my computer because I stay signed in everyplace else. Sigh.............................. Laura, yikes to the cold temp in the house! Hope the plants and fish survive! I was going to say the same thing Hilarie said...we could each post our own goals for the week and just update on how we're doing................................Hilarie, yay for a nice trip to the zoo. LOL at your 50* temp. Its not getting out of the 30s here. I did get the pool table together yesterday. (It wasn't very hard to do) I think someone has been playing ever since. A good investment!..................................Wendi, lol at T going in search of change. Glad he's enjoying it. I need to go work at school...maybe tonight or tomorrow morning. (Most likely tomorrow)........................Today we were good and went to church :P Then we met my aunt and cousins in town for lunch. We stopped at Walmart and used gift cards to get a surround sound. I'm SO excited! I hope its a good one....it wasn't that much, but I think it will be so fun. :) And, I forgot to mention-------I had to make some CDs for a wedding I did over a year ago. I made some money for that, plus some money I got for Christmas, and I have more than enough for my Kindle Fire HD! Yay! I havent ordered it yet, but I really want to do it soon so I can get used to it and find some apps and get familiar with it so I can take start taking it with me when I have to wait (dentist appointments coming up) and to NYC....................Now to clean up and make a few things for tomorrow.... (maybe after I try hooking up the surround sound) :) I'll try to be better about posting more....
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-30-2012 - 4:24pm
And----after the big snow the other day, I had the high school kid come plow my drive. But, yesterday we got about 4-5 more inches! So today after we got back from town, I spent time shoveling.....the drive and sidewalk. Oh my poor arms/shoulders are like rubber. I'm going to be so sore tomorrow. The snow is heavy, and I have a big parking area. Sigh.... Guess it was good for me though....
Photobucket

Pages