Daily Chatter 3-19-12
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 6:51am

Morning girls.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 7:36am
Morning,

Lori, I agree I think the indoor recess decision is made by the aids most of the time and they don't want to go out in the rain. The other thing they do at Phoebe's school is after it's been wet they are only allowed outside for recess on the black top - not on the playground or field. At least they get outside though!! Glad you slept better last night - maybe Wendi's right and you need to let the melatonin build up in your system a bit?

Wendi, The house looks great!! I love the landscape work. You guys got a ton of work done last week.

Hilarie, Vanity is small, but it's the same size as the previous one so we're used to it. The bathroom is so tiny we don't have a lot of choice. We could have gone a little wider, but then the sinks get deeper too and it would have made it tight to get around to the toilet. Sounds like hockey was a success have you found any leagues in Florida? Maybe that would help you feel a little more connected. It does take a while when you move someplace new - especially since you've just moved form somewhere you've lived your whole life.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 10:30am
Andrea, I love the transformation of your bathroom! I love the double towel bars. It seems like it didn't take long at all. What's next on the agenda? ;)

Laura, ha, cheese! Well, they can visit a dairy. :)

Hilarie, thanks for the tip on the sealer on the blocks! I'll have to tell DH about that! So glad hockey was so fun! Hope your flight back is restful.

Lori, about the time you were up I was going back to sleep. DH left at 3:30 to work the early shift for a guy on vacation. I can never go right back to sleep so I was up until 5am. Yes, entirely too early, especially if you have to go to work!

DH almost finished the playset yesterday. I had to make him come in for supper. Since he left early he'll be home early so he plans to finish it up today, depending on the weather. If it wasn't for him working so hard at this house there is no way we would be where we are in fixing things.

We had three lookers yesterday at our old house! I got a text from the realtor last night so I called her and had to leave a message. I'm hoping that's a good thing!

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 11:32am
Wendi, good luck with the old house!! I'm sure it will be a relief to have that sell!

Andrea, I forgot your toilet was over there. I see how a larger sink would cut down the path to the toilet.

At M's last school, they had a covered blacktop, so they went out there in the rain. They never had indoor recess. BUT, they weren't allowed to run on the blacktop, so they weren't exercising a ton, but at least it was out in the fresh air.

It's snowing here. Snow. Very funny. It won't stick, but it's nice to look at.

I have to meet my tax guy in half an hour (better get dressed!) and then the chiro at 10:30. Not sure what I'll do midday. Then meeting two friends (hockey guys that aren't part of my group of friends) near the airport for dinner. I feel like I've fit in most everything I could have this trip!

Oh - my former coworker who lives here - I wasn't really finding time for lunch with her (although I could have made it today, probably). Well her son was playing at the rink yesterday right before us, so, when I saw his team on the ice, I went out and sat with her in the stands for a bit. That was great to accidentally run into her!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 12:53pm

Hi all.

Kindergarten teacher was out again today.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 2:35pm

Well, my mom said I could have meat here, but we've been eating out most of the time.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 4:15pm
Wendi, have you hard from the realtor? Good luck!

Lori, I swear your kindergarten teacher is gone all the time! Or does it just seem that way?

Hilarie, sounds like you've done a ton on your trip. Very cool you had the accidental run in too.

Andrea, I totally forgot what I was going to say. Something brilliant Im sure. ;). I think it was about recess. Sigh. My brain is mush.

Work is driving me crazy today. I actually cried earlier. I rarely do that, but have twice in the last few weeks. Another guy sent me a fil that I'm supposed to complete by the 30th. Sounds reallly simple the way he described it (when we were on a conference call with my boss) but when I got it there is soooo much that is not done that I'll never finish it in that time. I basically said that, but no one has replied so I'm just working toward trying to get as much done as possible. I am quitting early today though...gotta deliver girl scout cookies to dhs office.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 4:31pm
Ugh Laura. Sorry it turned out to be so much more with work. And yes, I feel like she's out a lot this year. I dont think its usually like that. Maybe its this awful class...

Hilarie, yay for a massage. And for getting money back.

I think I'll make dinner and go back to school. I thought of something I want to do tomorrow as I was walking out the door. I need to print it and laminate it. I'm kinda tired though, but I dont think I'll have time to do it all in the morning.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 5:56pm
Realtor said one H&W were upstairs and she heard them planning what each room would be. A positive sign! The other lady came right as she was closing down. She is going to bring her husband by and talk to her realtor about it. They have an offer on a short sale that has multiple offers so she's looking for backups. It sounds positive though because they need to be out of their current house in April and a short sale won't do that for her.

However, no one likes the paint colors I want to go with. Our realtor has been bugging me about it for months. The lady yesterday she told the realtor she didn't like them either. DH only likes white and antique white. (Yes, this house drives him crazy with the colors, lol!) I picked out a light gray, light blue, light green and cream to go with white trim. What do you all think? I was thinking to be modern and up-to-date, but perhaps I'm more ahead of my time.

Laura, hugs on the workload! Hopefully someone will come along and offer some help?

Hilarie, go for the massage! It would probably make the flight home more comfortable, too.

Wendi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 7:54pm
Wendi, are you talking paint for the other house? My thoughts for selling are stay neutral...beiges mostly. I hate when people choose (or rather, NOT choose) a house because of paint colors. How easy is it to change those???

Went back to school and got some stuff done. Almost done cutting out the laminated stuff. I think I'll have a snack after I put the littles to bed. I wonder if that will help me sleep any better??? (I'm hungry and a little low on calories right now)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 6:49am
Morning.

I think I slept better. :) But, I had a wild and crazy dream for sure. I *NEVER* dream things like this. Ever. Without giving too much detail, I was in a different house, where my mom was living, supposed to be watching for something out the window. And LLG was there. Enough details. :)

Supposed to hit record highs today. Ugh!
Photobucket

Pages